+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2020 - Citizenship application

HeroHarman

Jan 26, 2016
Congrats :)
Unfortunately, August thread has not been updated since mid-Dec of last year. So the Aug 2020 tracker is no longer reliable.
Hello Everyone,

I would suggest to update August 2020 tracker by yourself for your application. I was able to do it. One person will not have enough time to go through all the posted messages here and update entire tracker.

Regards,

Reactions: vvarma

CanManPlan

Apr 7, 2022
Quick Question : If ones PR card is approaching expiration and you are in line for citizenship, does it help informing them? Has anyone been in my shoes ?

etcoflife

Jan 12, 2017
Can you guys please help me. I passed test in October 21 and since then no update. Got frustrated and never came in this forum as people applying much later already got passports. I was sad, today I found in status that everything is completed except ceremony. Do you guys have any idea how long it might take to get oath invitation? Also have I passed everything else (showing completed)? Any response is highly appreciated as I am close to 2 years now and in a bad state of mind with all these delays.

CanManPlan

Apr 7, 2022
Can you guys please help me. I passed test in October 21 and since then no update. Got frustrated and never came in this forum as people applying much later already got passports. I was sad, today I found in status that everything is completed except ceremony. Do you guys have any idea how long it might take to get oath invitation? Also have I passed everything else (showing completed)? Any response is highly appreciated as I am close to 2 years now and in a bad state of mind with all these delays.
Hey bud, Chin up! The good news is you are almost there and it is a matter of time . You are at the home stretch ( based on experience of my friends ). I am in the same boat , done with the test in Dec 2021 and nothing other than the test has been updated :(.

HeroHarman

Jan 26, 2016
Quick Question : If ones PR card is approaching expiration and you are in line for citizenship, does it help informing them? Has anyone been in my shoes ?
It will not help informing them.

I would suggest not to do anything about PR card unless you are travelling soon. Since you already gave your citizenship test back in Dec 2021. You are almost there. Any day now. You can cut the expired PR card in oath ceremony.

Reactions: CanManPlan

Johntierney

Feb 9, 2022
Hi all,

Just an update for people that were in a similar situation to me. I was originally given March 21st as my oath date, but I had to reschedule as I was out of the country. I haven't received an email yet, however, I can see that my oath has be rescheduled for June 29th when I log into my account.

So it's roughly 3 months to get a new date when rescheduling in my experience.

Best of luck all!

Reactions: vvarma

Sniperflutt

Star Member
Jun 2, 2020
Hello
Anyone here still waiting for any progress from mississauga office? I finished my exam June 2021 and no updates since that time. I have tried everything, calling , emailing and emailing my MP but nothing works

Reactions: Dreamlad

uncommonfriend

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-02-2017
Med's Done....
31-03-2017
Hello
Anyone here still waiting for any progress from mississauga office? I finished my exam June 2021 and no updates since that time. I have tried everything, calling , emailing and emailing my MP but nothing works
Yes - me. Mississauga office is the poorest when it comes to processing older applications. Others like vaughan and brampton have cleared everything till Dec 2020. I even filed an ATIP but didn't get anything back for more than 50 days now.

Reactions: Dreamlad

uncommonfriend

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-02-2017
Med's Done....
31-03-2017
I got a ghost update today morning (the updated date changed on the profile but nothing under the activity history). Any one know what that means? Could it mean I see some movement. I haven't had anything happen on the file since June 2021 when I cleared the test.

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
I got a ghost update today morning (the updated date changed on the profile but nothing under the activity history). Any one know what that means? Could it mean I see some movement. I haven't had anything happen on the file since June 2021 when I cleared the test.
You'll see update soon maybe within a month.

Reactions: uncommonfriend

Sniperflutt

Star Member
Jun 2, 2020
I got a ghost update back on Nov 2021 but nothing actually changed on my file since I cleared the test back in June 2020. I hope it will work differently for you and you got a real update soon.

Reactions: uncommonfriend