+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2020 - Citizenship application

entrytocda

Jul 19, 2016
Hi all, I am an August 2020 applicant. Missisauga location. My citizenship test was done back in December 2021 and they requested copies of passport copies on March 22nd. I sent them the copies, however realized after that one of my stamps on the passport was for Mexico and the only thing that is in spanish is the month written on the stamp. Will they come back and ask me for an affadavit and translation for this specific stamp? Everything else on my passport is in english. Please advise guys.

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
Hi all, I am an August 2020 applicant. Missisauga location. My citizenship test was done back in December 2021 and they requested copies of passport copies on March 22nd. I sent them the copies, however realized after that one of my stamps on the passport was for Mexico and the only thing that is in spanish is the month written on the stamp. Will they come back and ask me for an affadavit and translation for this specific stamp? Everything else on my passport is in english. Please advise guys.
Yes, there is a good possibility (although I have seen rare cases where the officer lets go). If I were you, I would quickly get the translation and resend them a fresh copy to their email, explaining the reason.

entrytocda

Jul 19, 2016
@
Yes, there is a good possibility (although I have seen rare cases where the officer lets go). If I were you, I would quickly get the translation and resend them a fresh copy to their email, explaining the reason.
Oh I see, thanks for the response!

minesweeper

Dec 17, 2015
Quartier moza
Category........
Visa Office......
Bolingo
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Nahh dont worry about that. . I dont think that is an issue. I have a few Mexico stamps on my passport as well as others that are not in english or french language. When I sent my passport pages as requested, they did not come-back for translation or anything like that. They requested passport pages on Jan 25, I sent on Jan 26 and got decision made on Jan 27.
I don't think CIC is that Petty to ask a candidate to provide translation of a date or an entry stamp. If that is the case then I guess many of us would have issues.

Last edited:

entrytocda

Jul 19, 2016
Nahh dont worry about that. . I dont think that is an issue. I have a few Mexico stamps on my passport as well as others that are not in english or french language. When I sent my passport pages as requested, they did not come-back for translation or anything like that. They requested passport pages on Jan 25, I sent on Jan 26 and got decision made on Jan 27.
I don't think CIC is that Petty to ask a candidate to provide translation of a date or an entry stamp. If that is the case then I guess many of us would have issues.
Thanks for the response! I ended up sending them another email with translations. Hope they are okay with it! I’m still waiting, nothing changed on my status though yet

Reactions: vvarma

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
Ceremony done yesterday. Fairly underwhelming experience after all the waiting to get there. Only took 1 hour, very formal and administrative, and then boom, done.

Can't wait to finally be done with this process! Almost there.

Hope its over for everyone else soon also!

• Love
Reactions: Radium and vvarma

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Ceremony done yesterday. Fairly underwhelming experience after all the waiting to get there. Only took 1 hour, very formal and administrative, and then boom, done.

Can't wait to finally be done with this process! Almost there.

Hope its over for everyone else soon also!
Congrats. My advice is to buy a ticket and apply express. Otherwise, the wait will drag. It's been 40 days for me and still no passport!

Reactions: vvarma

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
Congrats. My advice is to buy a ticket and apply express. Otherwise, the wait will drag. It's been 40 days for me and still no passport!
I need to buy a ticket to go visit my family in UK in the next 4 months to introduce them to our new baby (when it arrives in hopefully 3 weeks). If I buy a ticket for then (August) that is probably not soon enough to make them give it to me quicker. Will also need to apply for a passport for baby too so lots of waiting to get travel documents in my future!

I'll wait for the citizenship cert first before going down that route.

Reactions: CaBeaver

Jessie01

Mar 29, 2020
Hello,
I need some some help to see what’s happening with my application. I am an August 2020 applicant from Ottawa. Got invitation for the test in Dec 2021. Completed test 04-Jan-2022. All the status changed to completed on 25-Jan-2022 except citizenship ceremony. It still shows not started.
I haven’t received any email from them for oath ceremony. I tried calling them but all I was told that latest information is available online and now majority of the time they don’t even answer the call.
I have some really important plans in place for travelling outside of Canada in July this year and which like 3 months from now so I am bit of worried since there is NO update at all from them. It has been more than 2months since last update.
Any ideas or thoughts anybody can share?

Thank you