+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2020 - Citizenship application

Hanan22

Nov 14, 2015
I called them today and the agent was very nice and she gave me my application number. She confirmed that my application is in processing. my status on Ecas still shows received. I asked her about AOR, and she confirmed that there are lots of delays in sending them. However, they will send them in bulk, or at least that is what I understood. I asked about the location of my application and she said it is still at Sydney and due to COVID-19 transferring application to local offices takes longer.

darkmago

Oct 25, 2017
hamilton, On. canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-03-2018
Doc's Request.
14-03-2018
AOR Received.
14-03-2018
IELTS Request
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
14-03-2018
Med's Done....
17-11-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2018
LANDED..........
17-07-2018
What is the number to call for getting the application number?. I have not received anything yet.

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What is the number to call for getting the application number?. I have not received anything yet.
I too would like to know the number and options to reach them, I remember it used to take hours to reach them even before covid.

Hanan22

Nov 14, 2015
Thanks. Got a message that they are experiencing high volume and cannot transfer the call. No callback option was provided and call disconnected.
call early tomorrow; the same thing happened to me yesterday. I called today and they gave me my application number. Good luck

Reactions: royce110

NMontD

Nov 30, 2016
I called them today and the agent was very nice and she gave me my application number. She confirmed that my application is in processing. my status on Ecas still shows received. I asked her about AOR, and she confirmed that there are lots of delays in sending them. However, they will send them in bulk, or at least that is what I understood. I asked about the location of my application and she said it is still at Sydney and due to COVID-19 transferring application to local offices takes longer.
Hey Hannan... The same thing was told me as well. I tried to confirm with 2 different times. :)

Only thing is, my pref mode of comm is mail and not email :( For which i was asked to web form

Hanan22

Nov 14, 2015
Hey Hannan... The same thing was told me as well. I tried to confirm with 2 different times. :)

Only thing is, my pref mode of comm is mail and not email :( For which i was asked to web form
hopefully, they will change it to email. Good luck

Nsharaf

Mar 13, 2017
Hi Everyone IMPORTANT UPDATE**

I just called CIC and even though I DID NOT receive AOR, the agent confirmed that my application is complete and will not be mailed back. She also confirmed that my application is in process.

Guys, CALL CIC even if you did NOT receive your AOR. Some people are technically in AOR status but they did not receive the email because of delays.

I hope this helps you all and goodluck!

gc1600

Nov 8, 2017
I have not received an AOR, but I status-checked on CIC website (using my PR card number) and it worked and shows that application has been received. This is dumb - I spent the last month thinking if my application was lost and if I should send another one.

If you guys want to try make sure you use the PR card number at the top right of the back of the card, not your 8-digit ID number next to your photo.

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I finally got through to the call centre and spoke with an agent who said the file is transferred to Local Processing Centre and is in process currently.

Status online still shows ‘received’. Looks like the systems will be updated only towards end of processing completion or somewhere midway.