+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***** AUGUST 2020 CEC APPLICANTS TIMELINE *****

Ashan Perera

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
There are thousands of applicants have passed the 6 months processing time period, but no COPR yet.

My friend applied in Jan 2021 and got COPR in June 2021.

This is not fair, IRCC or government should take necessary actions to enhance their services.

Frustrating :(

Kalimera64

Jun 22, 2021
Hi guys. I haven’t posted in here before but I read the comments a lot, they’ve been a source of encouragement. I caught onto everyone tweeting the Toronto star reporter, and decided to email him directly. I’ll copy and paste what I wrote, and his reply

my email:
Hi Nicholas,

I hope this email finds you well. I wanted to reach out to you regarding a story you might find interesting. I, like many others applied to become a permanent resident in Canada at possibly the worst time possible, August 2020. By all accounts the IRCC had a reduced workforce and were working on hundreds of backlogged applications.

Now as things begin to return to normal I’m approaching a year of waiting for COPR, with little if any updates on my account page, I’m unable to work or travel. A source of constant encouragement has been an online forum in which many people like me post their timelines and vent their frustration.

Your name came up today on the forum as frustrations boil to unmanageable levels. The IRCC has begun sending out PR to people who applied mere months ago, while those who have waited for almost a year are stuck in limbo. These people want to work, travel to and from their homeland and enjoy the fruits of becoming a permanent resident in Canada.

The process of applying for PR is expensive, exhausting and frustrating, but it’s what we signed up for. I feel it’s an injustice that the IRCC is working on newer applications as a priority instead of the older ones though, and if this email does anything I hope it serves to shed some light on an issue that you can potentially draw attention to.

As I type this, members of the forum are tweeting at you in an attempt to make the media aware of what’s going on. I don’t have Twitter so this is my only line of communication!

Here I’ve linked the forum, a quick look at it and you’ll see the people behind the usernames, who are just looking for answers and an end to this arduous situation.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/august-2020-cec-applicants-timeline.702735/page-270

Thanks for your time,

His reply:

Thanks so much for reaching out. I’m actually exploring a potential story about what IRCC needs to do as the border slowly reopens. Would you be interested in participating in this story, Sir?

We would like to hear personal stories from people whose immigration plans are disrupted by the pandemic and what IRCC (likely from policy wonks and pundit) needs to do to eliminate the backlogs in literally every single immigration program.

Pls let me know. I can explain to you further how the media works and what we need from you. We do need to identify everyone in the story and ask for photos (or send photographers out for photos) to put a human face behind these issues we need to face when we reopen the border.

Pls also include a number that you can be reached at if you are interested.

Thanks again for the email. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Cheers,

Nicholas Keung

IMMIGRATION REPORTER

Toronto Star

Kalimera64

Jun 22, 2021
Hi guys. I haven’t posted in here before but I read the comments a lot, they’ve been a source of encouragement. I caught onto everyone tweeting the Toronto star reporter, and decided to email him directly. I’ll copy and paste what I wrote, and his reply

my email:
Hi Nicholas,

I hope this email finds you well. I wanted to reach out to you regarding a story you might find interesting. I, like many others applied to become a permanent resident in Canada at possibly the worst time possible, August 2020. By all accounts the IRCC had a reduced workforce and were working on hundreds of backlogged applications.

Now as things begin to return to normal I’m approaching a year of waiting for COPR, with little if any updates on my account page, I’m unable to work or travel. A source of constant encouragement has been an online forum in which many people like me post their timelines and vent their frustration.

Your name came up today on the forum as frustrations boil to unmanageable levels. The IRCC has begun sending out PR to people who applied mere months ago, while those who have waited for almost a year are stuck in limbo. These people want to work, travel to and from their homeland and enjoy the fruits of becoming a permanent resident in Canada.

The process of applying for PR is expensive, exhausting and frustrating, but it’s what we signed up for. I feel it’s an injustice that the IRCC is working on newer applications as a priority instead of the older ones though, and if this email does anything I hope it serves to shed some light on an issue that you can potentially draw attention to.

As I type this, members of the forum are tweeting at you in an attempt to make the media aware of what’s going on. I don’t have Twitter so this is my only line of communication!

Here I’ve linked the forum, a quick look at it and you’ll see the people behind the usernames, who are just looking for answers and an end to this arduous situation.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/august-2020-cec-applicants-timeline.702735/page-270

Thanks for your time,

His reply:

Thanks so much for reaching out. I’m actually exploring a potential story about what IRCC needs to do as the border slowly reopens. Would you be interested in participating in this story, Sir?

We would like to hear personal stories from people whose immigration plans are disrupted by the pandemic and what IRCC (likely from policy wonks and pundit) needs to do to eliminate the backlogs in literally every single immigration program.

Pls let me know. I can explain to you further how the media works and what we need from you. We do need to identify everyone in the story and ask for photos (or send photographers out for photos) to put a human face behind these issues we need to face when we reopen the border.

Cheers,

Nicholas Keung

IMMIGRATION REPORTER

Toronto Star
If anyone wants to write a story out for me to send him, feel free. It would help

Thakkali

Feb 3, 2021
I received my GCMS notes today. My application is assigned to AP9409. It's been more than 3 months security is not started. I have asked my local MP to help me in this issue. They replied me mentioning that have submitted a request to ircc through their MP line 2 weeks back. After that there's is no reply from them too.

Today I called ircc agent. They said that security not started and application is in progress and they also mentioned that they received enquiry from MP but I can know the response only through my MP office. I have been sending reminders to MP office for past 2 weeks but there is no reply from them.

Vlcbs

Jan 3, 2020

my email:
Hi Nicholas,

Thanks for your time,

His reply:

Cheers,

Nicholas Keung

IMMIGRATION REPORTER

Toronto Star
Thank you for doing this!

hbsingh

Star Member
Apr 23, 2021
I received my GCMS notes today. My application is assigned to AP9409. It's been more than 3 months security is not started. I have asked my local MP to help me in this issue. They replied me mentioning that have submitted a request to ircc through their MP line 2 weeks back. After that there's is no reply from them too.

Today I called ircc agent. They said that security not started and application is in progress and they also mentioned that they received enquiry from MP but I can know the response only through my MP office. I have been sending reminders to MP office for past 2 weeks but there is no reply from them.
Same is my officer
What's your AOR ?