+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***** AUGUST 2020 CEC APPLICANTS TIMELINE *****

Dnrvl

Feb 17, 2021
well that's exactly the same case for me, everything passed, security not started yet. Files have not been touched since March 2021.
Same here. Aor July 26 2020. Everything except security passed. No one touch file from March. I can’t quit my job because claimed 50 points for job offer and that’s killing me.
no one is responsible for this delays

Reactions: Vlcbs

shahzeba6

Star Member
Jan 3, 2019
Same here. Aor July 26 2020. Everything except security passed. No one touch file from March. I can’t quit my job because claimed 50 points for job offer and that’s killing me.
no one is responsible for this delays
A friend of mine applied in Feb 2021. Got his Copr a week ago
I am AOR 16th August 2020. He applied 6 months after me.

this is unimaginable. I thought Canada is a place for justice and humanity but after all this suffering. I feel like a dead man.
what in security do they need man? like tell us our mistake. what wrong did we do???????????????????????????????????????!!!!!!

• Wow
Reactions: Vlcbs and uvi1992

Aman Gondara

Dec 4, 2020
I think we all need to hit on Twitter and ask IRCC why the security of August 2020 applicants is not started yet? how the whole process of 2021 applicants is completed within 2 months. What this partiality ! hope IRCC may listen us on twitter. Request to everyone whose security is pending to tweet about this issue.

Thanks

hkaur819

Star Member
Jun 25, 2020
August applications got hit hard because that was the month when COVID restrictions were at their tightest for IRCC.
As of August 31, 2020, only 8.6% (748 employees) of IRCC's domestic (in Canada) staff were working from the office. 73.7% (6410 employees) were working remotely in some capacity, and 16.5% were on leave.

They didn't get their sh*t together with regards to empowering officers to work properly from home until a few months after that. See here for more info. As such, August applications saw their due dates come and go, and thus entered the dreaded realm of "backlogs"
Thanks for the info. I wish I had never applied last year. This year applications are processing faster. My husband was not asking me to apply in COVID times. He was so sure that these delays will happen as everything is closed. Now everyday he teases me. Now I feel sometimes wives should listen their husband’s advice too..

Last edited:

hkaur819

Star Member
Jun 25, 2020
Hi All

I have 8+ years of experience in total. So now I have changed my employer in India. Do I need to send new employer offer/joining letter to IRCC? for the points I claimed in CRS, I have already submitted all the documents. because for experience more than 3+ year, points are same for experience. so I am not sure if sending new employer detail will make any impact on my application. Please advise.
Thanks

uvi1992

Dec 9, 2020
Hi All

I have 8+ years of experience in total. So now I have changed my employer in India. Do I need to send new employer offer/joining letter to IRCC? for the points I claimed in CRS, I have already submitted all the documents. because for experience more than 3+ year, points are same for experience. so I am not sure if sending new employer detail will make any impact on my application. Please advise.
Thanks
If you want more delays from EXTRA hardworking officers do send. However, not sending wont make any impact as you have just joined the new company, its been a day and not a year. So no impact I believe

hkaur819

Star Member
Jun 25, 2020
If you want more delays from EXTRA hardworking officers do send. However, not sending wont make any impact as you have just joined the new company, its been a day and not a year. So no impact I believe
No I don’t want more delays. I already completed 10 months waiting for their confirmation. I was thinking same overloading them with unnecessary information will cause delays only

hbsingh

Star Member
Apr 23, 2021
A friend of mine applied in Feb 2021. Got his Copr a week ago
I am AOR 16th August 2020. He applied 6 months after me.

this is unimaginable. I thought Canada is a place for justice and humanity but after all this suffering. I feel like a dead man.
what in security do they need man? like tell us our mistake. what wrong did we do???????????????????????????????????????!!!!!!
The best thing is to contact media if we all together contact media, maybe IRCC take this application more serious

Delay

Star Member
Apr 16, 2021
Thanks for the contact information,
Question if I reach out to this person and will explain everyone is facing this problem, if he needs proof that lots of people stuck, ARE YOU GUYS STAND WITH ME?
I am so down :cool:. Posted our situation under Nick's oath retweet.

Last edited:

hkaur819

Star Member
Jun 25, 2020
I am so down :cool:. Posted our situation under Nick's oath retweet.
I’m also going to tweet. Can you send me link so that I also comment under same post. I think everyone should comment at same place so that it can draw his attention and can understand the urgency of situation