+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***** AUGUST 2020 CEC APPLICANTS TIMELINE *****

hbsingh

Star Member
Apr 23, 2021
There is something strange about August 2020 applications. I think for most of the apps, security is pending as I see from posts. did you hear back from CIC?
i made an inquiry with MP last week, he said now (as of June 9th) my medical expires, they are reworking on Medical and reviewing security.

If take more time I am worried my Ielts also going to expire

hkaur819

Star Member
Jun 25, 2020
i made an inquiry with MP last week, he said now (as of June 9th) my medical expires, they are reworking on Medical and reviewing security.

If take more time I am worried my Ielts also going to expire
But I don’t think so if ielts is expired , you need to reappear for it. As it’s considered from date on which you applied. If this is case then think about those applicants waiting for 2 years ..they must be reappearing for ielts many times in that case

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
There is something strange about August 2020 applications. I think for most of the apps, security is pending as I see from posts. did you hear back from CIC?
August applications got hit hard because that was the month when COVID restrictions were at their tightest for IRCC.
As of August 31, 2020, only 8.6% (748 employees) of IRCC's domestic (in Canada) staff were working from the office. 73.7% (6410 employees) were working remotely in some capacity, and 16.5% were on leave.

They didn't get their sh*t together with regards to empowering officers to work properly from home until a few months after that. See here for more info. As such, August applications saw their due dates come and go, and thus entered the dreaded realm of "backlogs"

TjAneja

Star Member
Oct 24, 2019
Contacting my MP didn’t help me much. I don’t know what to do next.

They provided them with the same status which I have from last 3 months.

Delay

Star Member
Apr 16, 2021
August applications got hit hard because that was the month when COVID restrictions were at their tightest for IRCC.
As of August 31, 2020, only 8.6% (748 employees) of IRCC's domestic (in Canada) staff were working from the office. 73.7% (6410 employees) were working remotely in some capacity, and 16.5% were on leave.

They didn't get their sh*t together with regards to empowering officers to work properly from home until a few months after that. See here for more info. As such, August applications saw their due dates come and go, and thus entered the dreaded realm of "backlogs"
Honestly, IRCC seems like put their stuff together for 2021 low score applications but 0 attention paid to our applications.

Last edited:

gcj

Apr 26, 2021
From IRCC Twitter:
As of today, any foreign national who holds a valid Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) is able to travel to Canada. If your COPR is about to expire, or has expired, we will soon have instructions on our website about how to get reissued documents.
Canada’s phased approach for easing border restrictions begins July 5 at 11:50 p.m. EDT. It is based on public health measures, scientific evidence, vaccination rates, and the epidemiological situation in Canada.

Learn more: ow.ly/6AlF50FfblZ

sponsort

Jun 14, 2018
I just received my GCMS notes after 2 months of waiting just to confirm what an agent told me on my last phone call. Everything is passed but Security, which has not started.

Anyone here has their application assigned to officer (if it is an officer code) SM8376?

My application hasnt been touched since they sent me an ADR early April.

shahzeba6

Star Member
Jan 3, 2019
I just received my GCMS notes after 2 months of waiting just to confirm what an agent told me on my last phone call. Everything is passed but Security, which has not started.

Anyone here has their application assigned to officer (if it is an officer code) SM8376?

My application hasnt been touched since they sent me an ADR early April.
well that's exactly the same case for me, everything passed, security not started yet. Files have not been touched since March 2021.
I hate my life. I have to explain everyone what I am going thru with. why don't they understand this?