+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***** AUGUST 2020 CEC APPLICANTS TIMELINE *****

icectoronto

Mar 1, 2021
I am experiencing the same thing.
AOR Sept 23 CEC Inland
ADR Feb 23
ADR Submitted Feb 25

I called last Feb 26 to confirm if CIC has received the documents because it still says “We need additional documents to continue processing your application”. They said just wait for system to be updated might take a couple of days.

And so today, I went to the link where you can view uploaded documents and did not see the 2 documents I uploaded but I refreshed several times and it finally showed. So I called CIC to speak with an agent to confirm. However, the agent said that he can’t see the documents uploaded and the status on his end is still awaiting documents. He said submit webform
with screenshots.

And so I called one more time after submitting webform coz I wanted to make sure which stage we are at now since our expected completion is Mar 23. That’s when the agent said if I am sure that I have successfully submitted the documents because I did the electronic signature etc, just submit another webform with the same documents for my peace of mind. My application is at this stage now:

Eligibility: Recommended Passed
Criminality: Passed
Security: In Progress

I will resubmit the documents now and hopefully we will get an update soon.
Hi @legalfalcon any thoughts on this? As mentioned, it says “We need additional documents to continue processing your application” even if the documents were already uploaded and submitted successfully (electronic signature done) last week. The call centre agent says he sees the same as what I see. Would you know if the CIC call center agent sees the exact same thing as the case officer in charge? Is it possible that the case officer has access to the uploaded documents even if it doesn’t show on my online profile?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon any thoughts on this? As mentioned, it says “We need additional documents to continue processing your application” even if the documents were already uploaded and submitted successfully (electronic signature done) last week. The call centre agent says he sees the same as what I see. Would you know if the CIC call center agent sees the exact same thing as the case officer in charge? Is it possible that the case officer has access to the uploaded documents even if it doesn’t show on my online profile?
After you upload the documents, you have to click on continue until you got to the screen where you are asked to sign and submit, and that is when you have submitted the documents. There could be a technical issue that may have caused the issue you are experiencing, and if you have sent your documents once again via webform you are safe and need not worry.

All documents when submitted will be added to your file after they are processed. What a call centre agent sees is the basics of GCMS and your MyCIC account. What the officer would see is more detailed report, i.e. the Global Case Management System (GCMS).

As long as you have submitted the documents again by webform, this should be resolved and once the documents are reviewed and added to your file, you will see the status change.

icectoronto

Mar 1, 2021
After you upload the documents, you have to click on continue until you got to the screen where you are asked to sign and submit, and that is when you have submitted the documents. There could be a technical issue that may have caused the issue you are experiencing, and if you have sent your documents once again via webform you are safe and need not worry.

All documents when submitted will be added to your file after they are processed. What a call centre agent sees is the basics of GCMS and your MyCIC account. What the officer would see is more detailed report, i.e. the Global Case Management System (GCMS).

As long as you have submitted the documents again by webform, this should be resolved and once the documents are reviewed and added to your file, you will see the status change.
@legalfalcon Thank you so much for this information! :)

Reactions: legalfalcon

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
I'm still waiting on a response to my webform enquiry from a while back (checking on stages)

Trying not to call IRCC until I see a ghost update, and I don't really want to order another set of GCMS notes from the CBSA.

Reactions: mudjawd and CAP5

mudjawd

Sep 9, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
09th August
I'm still waiting on a response to my webform enquiry from a while back (checking on stages)

Trying not to call IRCC until I see a ghost update, and I don't really want to order another set of GCMS notes from the CBSA.
Does the ghost update concept remains the same or has it changed? i.e: three ghost updates meaning that PPR/COPR is coming your way. Pasting some excerpt from one of the posts I had saved in the past.

"If you have an AOR of 31 Dec 2018 or later, follow the chart below to track your progress. Candidates will remain in a state of 'False IP2' throughout their application and only see a series of 'ghost updates' following their MEP; the first such ghost update (which should follow shortly after MEP) will signify your Real IP1, the second ghost update will signify your Real IP2, and the third will be your ‘Final’ Ghost Update, following which you are likely to receive your PPR.

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Does the ghost update concept remains the same or has it changed? i.e: three ghost updates meaning that PPR/COPR is coming your way. Pasting some excerpt from one of the posts I had saved in the past.

"If you have an AOR of 31 Dec 2018 or later, follow the chart below to track your progress. Candidates will remain in a state of 'False IP2' throughout their application and only see a series of 'ghost updates' following their MEP; the first such ghost update (which should follow shortly after MEP) will signify your Real IP1, the second ghost update will signify your Real IP2, and the third will be your ‘Final’ Ghost Update, following which you are likely to receive your PPR.
That is the expected order yes, but it doesn't apply across the board. A number of people don't get any ghost updates right up until PPR/COPR issuance. Some only get one (in situations where all pending stages get passed/ approved at once or on the same day).

Reactions: mudjawd

Chethan_blr

Star Member
Jul 3, 2015
That is the expected order yes, but it doesn't apply across the board. A number of people don't get any ghost updates right up until PPR/COPR issuance. Some only get one (in situations where all pending stages get passed/ approved at once or on the same day).
True.. My previous call with IRCC agent, she mentioned that some associates take paper printouts work on them and some work online. if they are working on printouts, they may not see intermediate updates .

Reactions: mudjawd

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
True.. My previous call with IRCC agent, she mentioned that some associates take paper printouts work on them and some work online. if they are working on printouts, they may not see intermediate updates .
That makes sense, and is good to know. Some officers have only been going in to work on files in shifts based on COVID protocols, and we know IRCC had some issues getting equipment to some workers to allow them process applications from home. It is interesting to hear that some officers are taking the lo-fi route to continue processing files lol

AmiDeep

Feb 28, 2021
Hey Guys,

I have received the golden email today along with separate email with COPR for my and my wife.

AOR : August 27
Ghost Update : Jan 28

• March 2, 2021 Your eligibility has been reviewed and passed.
Background check - I have received Ghost update for this i think.
  • January 28, 2021 Your background check was completed.
Hang in there guys. You will get it soon. Wait was so much frustrating.

CEC_Candidate1001

Jun 3, 2020
Hey Guys,

I have received the golden email today along with separate email with COPR for my and my wife.

AOR : August 27
Ghost Update : Jan 28

• March 2, 2021 Your eligibility has been reviewed and passed.
Background check - I have received Ghost update for this i think.
  • January 28, 2021 Your background check was completed.
Hang in there guys. You will get it soon. Wait was so much frustrating.
Your VO ?