+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***** AUGUST 2020 CEC APPLICANTS TIMELINE *****

Raj_Jain

Star Member
Jul 27, 2018
Am i the only one who is surprised that 1st August approval was wth AOR 27 August and not from earlier date

PS : No offence to you @AmiDeep , happy for your result
Probably. Not surprising, but hope you get it this week!

The applications are not processed chronologically. It depends on the simplicity or complexity of the application as well as the VO office's capacity, among many other factors. My AOR is on the same date (A28) as theirs. @AmiDeep, that must be relieving! :)

Reactions: Tintin and Snowy

mudjawd

Sep 9, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
09th August
Hi All; I called IRCC and finally was able to get to an agent:

I got a ghost update Yesterday so I was curious to know what changed. Below is the status.

AOR : Aug 09th 2020
VO : Edmonton
Eligibility : Passed
Criminality : Passed
Security : Passed

Agent asked me to wait for the final approval.

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC

I got a ghost update Yesterday so I was curious to know what changed. Below is the status.

Congrats! August files are moving

skyhigh1245

Mar 12, 2019
Hi everyone, my AOR is August 21st and I'm still waiting . The 6 month period has already passed .
Hope all August applicants will get their PR very soon.

Chilling.Lion

Star Member
Feb 16, 2021

Congratulations!
In your CIC account, does it state that you passed Eligibility, Criminality and Security? or you just got these updates from the agent ?

mudjawd

Sep 9, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
09th August
Congratulations!
In your CIC account, does it state that you passed Eligibility, Criminality and Security? or you just got these updates from the agent ?
Congratulations!
Nope. No change in the account so far. The CIC account looks exactly the same on what it looked back when my Medical /Biometrics passed. Looks exactly like below. I got the status that eligibility/security/criminality passed from the agent.

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
  • September 29, 2020 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • September 29, 2020 Completed.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Reactions: Chilling.Lion

skyhigh1245

Mar 12, 2019
I am 09th August AOR and I finally got to know today after calling the IRCC helpline that my Security/Eligibility/Criminality passed. (i got a ghost update yesterday). So, i am assuming you all would be seeing movements in your file very soon.
That's lovely news, thanks for sharing.

MannBoy

Feb 24, 2016
I just called cic , said eligibility review required and everything still pending but in process. Anyone with same situation. It is killing me ....
please reply

mudjawd

Sep 9, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
09th August
I just called cic , said eligibility review required and everything still pending but in process. Anyone with same situation. It is killing me ....
please reply
What is your AOR?

Based on progress tracked here across few folks , I feel the applications are progressing really fast since Jan after not a lot of movement last year. So, we all should see some real progress this month. what is your AOR?

Chilling.Lion

Star Member
Feb 16, 2021
Nope. No change in the account so far. The CIC account looks exactly the same on what it looked back when my Medical /Biometrics passed. Looks exactly like below. I got the status that eligibility/security/criminality passed from the agent.

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
  • September 29, 2020 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • September 29, 2020 Completed.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
I have the same thing exactly, except that my biometrics are still not complete, I am supposed to be biometrics “Exempt” since I already gave biometrics in the past and are still valid until 2024.
AOR August 5th.

MannBoy

Feb 24, 2016
What is your AOR?

Based on progress tracked here across few folks , I feel the applications are progressing really fast since Jan after not a lot of movement last year. So, we all should see some real progress this month. what is your AOR?
Aor-5th Aug VO Ottawa

sponsort

Jun 14, 2018
Express Entry applications
Last updated: March 2, 2021

Canadian Experience Class applications
We’re working at full capacity to process applications.

You may experience delays because we have a backlog of applications due to COVID-19.

We’re currently finalizing most applications we received between
May 10 and 16, 2020

If your application is complex, it may take us longer to process it.