+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>AUGUST 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

ih01

Star Member
Jan 5, 2020
You didn't try the NZ PR buddy? A few of my friends got the 'Resident Visa' being in India but as you are already there, you must have better options rite
Yeah, I already have NZ PR. Looking to move back to the northern hemisphere though.

ambee

May 4, 2021
500+ days since AOR and 5 months since my meds expired. No correspondence or update from IRCC since I gave my biometrics in September 2020. Anyone else in similar situation? What should we August 2020 AOR folks expect moving forward?

ih01

Star Member
Jan 5, 2020
I was looking through my GCMS notes again that I received in December and noticed the "Due Date" in the "Application Assignment" section on page 2 states 2022/01/16.

Does anyone know if that means I can expect my case to be picked up around this date or are the due dates arbitrary?

WPGBound

Star Member
May 12, 2020
I was looking through my GCMS notes again that I received in December and noticed the "Due Date" in the "Application Assignment" section on page 2 states 2022/01/16.

Does anyone know if that means I can expect my case to be picked up around this date or are the due dates arbitrary?
I have the exact same due date. I think (but cannot recall) I read somewhere else that those due dates don't really mean much. Like it may automatically get pushed farther? But I'm not sure on that and would also love to hear if someone is more knowledgeable about it.

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC

The latter. They are computer generated. In normal processing procedure, the GCMS system brings it back up in the queue for the officer to review just prior to that date. However, after COVID affected processing times, IRCC have very rarely stuck to, or respected Due Dates. Don't put too much stock in it.

Amiz

Star Member
Jan 28, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi
I got ghost update for the first time on 13th Jan’21.. I am waiting but havent received any mail from ircc. Can someone plz tell how much time it takes from ghost update till formal communication by IRCC??

WPGBound

Star Member
May 12, 2020
Hi
I got ghost update for the first time on 13th Jan’21.. I am waiting but havent received any mail from ircc. Can someone plz tell how much time it takes from ghost update till formal communication by IRCC??
Hopefully that's a good sign!

You often never get a "formal communication". It depends what the GU was. However, you can try calling IRCC and they may be able to tell you over the phone what the recent change was. And/Or you can order GCMS notes to get even more information.

Reactions: Amiz

Amiz

Star Member
Jan 28, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hopefully that's a good sign!

You often never get a "formal communication". It depends what the GU was. However, you can try calling IRCC and they may be able to tell you over the phone what the recent change was. And/Or you can order GCMS notes to get even more information.
Can you please help me with the number for calling IRCC.

WPGBound

Star Member
May 12, 2020
Can you please help me with the number for calling IRCC.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/client-support-centre.html

1-888-242-2100

Your must be in "Canada" or use a VOIP service that operates like you're in Canada. I haven't done it in a while - if you check around the forums there are probably recommendations for VOIP apps.

It's a pretty lengthy phone tree, and you need to have all important numbers related to your account ready to enter into the phone manually. You get to the last step where a robot "reads" you your current status, which is exactly what you can see online, and then it asks you if you would like to speak to an agent. Indicate yes. THEN you either will be put on hold, or you will be told that the queue is too long and to try again later. If that happens, you just have to keep trying. It's a huge pain, but you can eventually speak to someone who has slightly more information at their finger tips than you're able to see in the portal yourself.

Reactions: Amiz