Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi, I need some advice. Maybe @legalfalcon if you are available.
I am still waiting (as many) for the CoPR. My GCMS notes from April stated that everything was passed (including Eligibility) but that Security and Background checks hadn't started yet. In November the passport of my wife (who is part of my application, although I am the primary applicant) will expire and our consulate (we are FSW-Inland) has told her that it will take up to two months for her new passport to arrive and that during that time her actual passport will become null.
Should she go on and start the process of getting a new passport? and in that case, should I raise a webform informing them of the situation during our wait for my wife's new passport to arrive?
I appreciate it if you could help me with this situation.
If you are an inland applicant with all family members in Canada you will not be asked to provide or submit your passport. You will be issued a COPR.

However, you should always make sure that all your identity documents, specially the passport are current since you will require it when you apply for SIN and your health card after your COPR.

Reactions: jaschraiber

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon ,

Applying for CEC application. Will the inland dependent also be eligible to apply for open work permit extension just like primary applicant ?
If the PA gets a BOWP, then the spouse or CLP can apply for SOWP.

Reactions: RSK07

RSK07

Feb 25, 2020
If the PA gets a BOWP, then the spouse or CLP can apply for SOWP.
I just have another question. I have 8 years of foreign experience , is it mandatory to mention latest 3 years of experience or 3 years of beginning of my career( since I havee proper documents)

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I just have another question. I have 8 years of foreign experience , is it mandatory to mention latest 3 years of experience or 3 years of beginning of my career( since I havee proper documents)
All work experience for which you can claim points should have been in the last 10 years. You get maximum points for 3 years of work ex and maximum MEC points for 6 years of work experience.

zzzzzzzz_

Jul 13, 2021
Does anyone know why security verification is not started? My eligibility check was passed on 2020/10/01. However, my security verification is not started as of today...

cck1986

May 8, 2020
Does anyone know why security verification is not started? My eligibility check was passed on 2020/10/01. However, my security verification is not started as of today...
My eligibility was passed on first week of aug.still security’s not started.all our bad luck yar

Deepthi354

Feb 6, 2021
Is there any FSW inland applicant in this group whose all stages have passed in the year 2020, but still awaiting copr? It has been 1 year since i submitted my pr appln , so eager to know if there r others facing same delay as me.

jaschraiber

May 31, 2021
I (FSW-Inland, with one dependant also inland) have just received GCMS notes. Nothing has changed from the last time I received them (April 2021).

Eligibility: Passed.
Medical: Passed.
Biometrics: Passed.
Criminality: In Progress.
Security: Not Started.
Info Sharing: Completed.
Office: CPC-Ottawa

I really don't understand what is taking so long to complete the application, and I don't know what else to do. I am feeling so frustrated and depressed right now. It really kills me that there is no way to predict when they will complete my application. It is so discouraging.
If anyone has any idea of what is currently going on, and if the lifting of some border restrictions might affect the pace at which they will process our applications, I will appreciate any info you can share.

boilercat

Star Member
Sep 16, 2020
I (FSW-Inland, with one dependant also inland) have just received GCMS notes. Nothing has changed from the last time I received them (April 2021).

I really don't understand what is taking so long to complete the application, and I don't know what else to do. I am feeling so frustrated and depressed right now. It really kills me that there is no way to predict when they will complete my application. It is so discouraging.
If anyone has any idea of what is currently going on, and if the lifting of some border restrictions might affect the pace at which they will process our applications, I will appreciate any info you can share.
We are in the same boat.

Aug 31 AOR

Nov 9, 2020

Has the eligibility part been reflected on your portal?

Totodonna

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019

im sept aor and have the same status as you. Also fsw inland, Ottawa vo. Don’t understand why we are not being processed just like cec.

Ahmed H

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Same boat. I need to travel and I have no idea what will happen if I get the portal confirmation email while being abroad !!!!!!! Any thoughts? I’ve a valid visa and permit tho