+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>AUGUST 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

mnukkiral

Star Member
Jan 14, 2019
There is no inland vs outland in the IRCC system, just CEC, PNP, FSW. Unfortunately I have not seen recent PPRs for FSW because they apparently decided to not issuing visas.
I would like to say that I called the agent this morning asking for the same thing. I was told that the confusion arises because there are a lot more CEC applicants from within Canada (almost 40 CEC for every 1 FSW). Hence they are mentioning that CEC are in full swing, whereas in reality they are processing all inland with full swing. It was certainly quite encouraging to hear!

So far as I know they are processing all inland applications in full swing since these are not affected by the travel restrictions. That's what I can infer from what was told to me.

@Melikaaaaaaaa I hope this lifts up your spirits :D

willapp

Mar 20, 2020
I would like to say that I called the agent this morning asking for the same thing. I was told that the confusion arises because there are a lot more CEC applicants from within Canada (almost 40 CEC for every 1 FSW). Hence they are mentioning that CEC are in full swing, whereas in reality they are processing all inland with full swing. It was certainly quite encouraging to hear!

So far as I know they are processing all inland applications in full swing since these are not affected by the travel restrictions. That's what I can infer from what was told to me.

@Melikaaaaaaaa I hope this lifts up your spirits :D
It might be true but there were so many fsw inland from early 2020 who have not got ppr.
I would not take the call center information too seriously. just based on the ppr for fsw inland I would have to say the information they provided is not accurate. Outland cec are getting processed pretty fast as well.

Reactions: guelphite

rscape

Mar 2, 2020
AOR: Aug 21 inland CEC single
ADR: they asked RCMP check and submitted around Oct 23,
got an email saying they're reviewing the ADR on Nov 17,
biometrics done on Nov 5,
GCMS notes ordered on Feb 5, received on Mar 7, eligibility - recommended pass, criminality - in progress, security - not started, info sharing - completed
got an ghost update sometime in last week and noticed the ADR changed from "we're reviewing..." to "N/A", while on status it still says the most recent update is Oct 13, medical passed
hope that's a good sign.

Reactions: Tivativalu

mnukkiral

Star Member
Jan 14, 2019
It might be true but there were so many fsw inland from early 2020 who have not got ppr.
I would not take the call center information too seriously. just based on the ppr for fsw inland I would have to say the information they provided is not accurate. Outland cec are getting processed pretty fast as well.
We need to check if those 2020 Applicants were inside or outside Canada. If one is inside Canada then they have stopped giving out PPRs solely because of direct COPR issuing protocol for during the COVID; and if they are outside Canada then PPRs have not been issued due to COVID related travel restrictions and hence they may not have updated their status on other forums such as MyImmiTracker or similar. For those who are already in Canada, I think the call center agent was right about the immense amount CEC candidates in contrast to FSW ones. Hence the number of COPRs issued may seem negligible or non-existent. One member from this group (@mg3835 FSW-Inland August 2020 AOR) got all stages passed already! https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/august-2020-aor-join-here.696348/post-9274426

So I think your COPR will come soon too, albeit with a bit of a delay :)

P.S.
Also the temporary halt in ALL PROGRAM DRAWS have further reduced the number of FSW Applicants in 2020. So all in all the FSW population may hence seem low and thus getting very few updates.

Last edited:

Prinx2020

Jul 9, 2020
We need to check if those 2020 Applicants were inside or outside Canada. If one is inside Canada then they have stopped giving out PPRs solely because of direct COPR issuing protocol for during the COVID; and if they are outside Canada then PPRs have not been issued due to COVID related travel restrictions and hence they may not have updated their status on other forums such as MyImmiTracker or similar. For those who are already in Canada, I think the call center agent was right about the immense amount CEC candidates in contrast to FSW ones. Hence the number of COPRs issued may seem negligible or non-existent. One member from this group (@mg3835 FSW-Inland August 2020 AOR) got all stages passed already! https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/august-2020-aor-join-here.696348/post-9274426

P.S.
Also the temporary halt in ALL PROGRAM DRAWS have further reduced the number of FSW Applicants in 2020. So all in all the FSW population may hence seem low and thus getting very few updates.
As far as I’m concern, the explanation the IRCC contact agents are providing about processing FSW inland applications in full swing is complete gibberish. Even if there is 1 FSW vs 100 CEC, that doesn’t support that they are processing FSW inland with full swing. It’s clear that there’s a complete halt on FSW inland. There’s absolutely no single update from any FSW inland applicant after eligibility being recommended pass since last year. Yet, CEC applications that are much later in time are having a tremendous updates.
They just want FSW inland applicants to stop disturbing them with calls.

• Sad
Reactions: mnukkiral

willapp

Mar 20, 2020

P.S.
You can check the percentage on ImmiTracker and you can easily see that FSW inland has not been getting PPRs anywhere close like CEC. FSW inland and outland are both ignored based on the outcome.
One example doesn't mean much. There are so many other FSW inland whose applications have seen no movement at all.
There were FSW outland who got processed pretty fast as well. But the majority of the FSW is stuck at Ottawa office and they are not processing FSW application at Ottawa.

Reactions: guelphite

Traveller@world

Jul 17, 2020
1. You can do either, it would not matter for your current job. However, with a BOWP, since it is a open work permit, you can work for any employer in Canada, since you did not claim any points for arranged job offer. Also, if your PR application is pending, you can extend your BOPW, but your WP will depend on your employer and how long they want to keep you in the job.

2. If you have a valid visa and WP, you can travel and return.
Hi. I got my work permit extension today. I went for the employer specific option as my employer had already applied on their side.
My question is that all I can see is my application has been approved and I can just see a work permit document number that is valid. But I haven’t got any message. Also I need a visa to travel back to Canada which I submitted the form for it along with my application, and there is no information on how to get the counterfoil and how to get my physical work permit. Do you know what I can do about it? Thanks.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi. I got my work permit extension today. I went for the employer specific option as my employer had already applied on their side.
My question is that all I can see is my application has been approved and I can just see a work permit document number that is valid. But I haven’t got any message. Also I need a visa to travel back to Canada which I submitted the form for it along with my application, and there is no information on how to get the counterfoil and how to get my physical work permit. Do you know what I can do about it? Thanks.
It will depend off whether you applied for work permit from within canada or outside canada. If your applied as form within Canada, you will be send a revised WP. If you applied for WP outside Canada, you will be issued an eta and a WP depending on your country of citizenship.

Renewing your work permit
If we issue your renewed work permit on or after May 1, 2017, we will automatically issue you an eTA as well.

If we issued your renewed work permit before May 1, 2017 and you don’t already have an eTA, you will need to get one before you return to Canada by air.

If you’re from a visa-required country
You’ll need a valid visa and a valid work permit to return to Canada to work. You don’t need a valid visa if you return directly from a visit only to the United States or St. Pierre and Miquelon. You must re-apply for a visitor visa if your visa:

• has expired or
  • was only valid for a single entry to Canada
Starting May 1, 2017, eligible citizens of select visa-required countries will receive an eTA when they renew their work permit. The eTA is electronically linked to the passport you used to renew your permit and is valid for five years or until your passport expires. You can only use the eTA when you fly to, or transit through, Canada by air. You will receive a letter from us with information about your eTA number and expiration date.
If you already have a valid visitor visa, you can use it to travel to Canada until it expires. A visitor visa will let you travel to Canada by plane, car, bus, train or boat.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/extend/travel-outside-canada.html

Traveller@world

Jul 17, 2020
It will depend off whether you applied for work permit from within canada or outside canada. If your applied as form within Canada, you will be send a revised WP. If you applied for WP outside Canada, you will be issued an eta and a WP depending on your country of citizenship.

Renewing your work permit
If we issue your renewed work permit on or after May 1, 2017, we will automatically issue you an eTA as well.

If we issued your renewed work permit before May 1, 2017 and you don’t already have an eTA, you will need to get one before you return to Canada by air.

If you’re from a visa-required country
You’ll need a valid visa and a valid work permit to return to Canada to work. You don’t need a valid visa if you return directly from a visit only to the United States or St. Pierre and Miquelon. You must re-apply for a visitor visa if your visa:

• has expired or
  • was only valid for a single entry to Canada
Starting May 1, 2017, eligible citizens of select visa-required countries will receive an eTA when they renew their work permit. The eTA is electronically linked to the passport you used to renew your permit and is valid for five years or until your passport expires. You can only use the eTA when you fly to, or transit through, Canada by air. You will receive a letter from us with information about your eTA number and expiration date.
If you already have a valid visitor visa, you can use it to travel to Canada until it expires. A visitor visa will let you travel to Canada by plane, car, bus, train or boat.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/extend/travel-outside-canada.html
Thanks for your reply. I applied for the extension from inside Canada and got it approved in a week. I’m not from a visa exempt country, and not from Bulgaria and Brazil either. Does it mean they won’t issue a visa automatically with my work permit extension, and I have to apply for it separately?
If so, what will happen if I leave Canada before the visa is approved? Can I get the visa abroad and return to Canada?

Last edited:

mnukkiral

Star Member
Jan 14, 2019
As far as I’m concern, the explanation the IRCC contact agents are providing about processing FSW inland applications in full swing is complete gibberish. Even if there is 1 FSW vs 100 CEC, that doesn’t support that they are processing FSW inland with full swing. It’s clear that there’s a complete halt on FSW inland. There’s absolutely no single update from any FSW inland applicant after eligibility being recommended pass since last year. Yet, CEC applications that are much later in time are having a tremendous updates.
They just want FSW inland applicants to stop disturbing them with calls.
Is there something that you can do as a FSW Applicant? Maybe lodge a complaint against IRCC or maybe enquire with immigration minister's office? There has to be some way as to you guys can fight this inequality.