Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2020
Did you also get a ghost update?
Well, I had the "ghost update" that generally accompanies the glitch. I don't really think that would count as a real ghost update though. The page will always show an "application/profile updated" message if you're about to get a Bad Gateway error—from what I have learnt, this is somehow triggered by the error, but of course, it could coincide with an actual update. Which is why I like to come on here and check if others are also experiencing the error at the same time or if it is just me.

If you want to drive yourself crazy (I like doing that to myself), then anecdotally, I can confirm that at least twice I have had a glitch-related "ghost update" coincide with an actual update. So if you want to desperately seek hope (like me), then you might like to pretend that an officer updating your file in the background is causing your portal to temporarily act glitchy at your end. Good old speculation! :)

animhossain1989

May 13, 2017
Well, I had the "ghost update" that generally accompanies the glitch. I don't really think that would count as a real ghost update though. The page will always show an "application/profile updated" message if you're about to get a Bad Gateway error—from what I have learnt, this is somehow triggered by the error, but of course, it could coincide with an actual update. Which is why I like to come on here and check if others are also experiencing the error at the same time or if it is just me.

If you want to drive yourself crazy (I like doing that to myself), then anecdotally, I can confirm that at least twice I have had a glitch-related "ghost update" coincide with an actual update. So if you want to desperately seek hope (like me), then you might like to pretend that an officer updating your file in the background is causing your portal to temporarily act glitchy at your end. Good old speculation! :)
Oh yes! I absolutely pretend that.

• Haha
Reactions: mknox

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
I actually enjoy the "TMI" posts. It's nice to read about other people's experiences. Anyone who isn't interested in reading that much can just scroll right past.
Yes but there is a question somewhere in the post so that wouldn't be a very wise decision now would it? There might be another threads you can enjoy but not this one lol

Debbso

Star Member
Aug 12, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
RPRF 06-10-2020
AOR Received.
27-08-2020
Another ghost update again today. Nothing changed on my profile. Background check still on “your application is in progress.....”
Another ghost update again today, came with a change. Background check has changed back to “we are processing....” IP2.

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
Another ghost update again today, came with a change. Background check has changed back to “we are processing....” IP2.
Congrats, IP2 to PPR took me exactly 3 weeks. I received my PPR on Monday early morning but the Final GU (yes, there is a GU to look forward to, no glitch) came on Friday afternoon, so it could have been shorter than 3 weeks. Anyway, wish you received it soon.

Debbso

Star Member
Aug 12, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
RPRF 06-10-2020
AOR Received.
27-08-2020
Congrats, IP2 to PPR took me exactly 3 weeks. I received my PPR on Monday early morning but the Final GU (yes, there is a GU to look forward to, no glitch) came on Friday afternoon, so it could have been shorter than 3 weeks. Anyway, wish you received it soon.
Thank you.

Debbso

Star Member
Aug 12, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
RPRF 06-10-2020
AOR Received.
27-08-2020
Got off the phone with IRCC
Eligibility: passed
Security: passed
BGC: not started.

VO: Ottawa
Lovely. What does your BG check status say?

Treasure59

Star Member
Mar 8, 2020
Can one raise a webform to their VO to find out the status of their application if ircc says they cant give any info again because the file has been moved to local VO? Or do VOs have numbers you can call to make enquiries on your application?