+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>AUGUST 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

Tivativalu

Apr 12, 2019
@legalfalcon Thanks for the reply. Below here is the original question post.

@legalfalcon . I recieved an email from a person claiming to be an Investigator with CBSA and that he tried contacting me on my old Canadian number regarding my wife's previous applications. I am a CEC Outland applicant and I did put my Indian number on my PR Application and my old Canadian number is not in use since I left Canada.
This person is asking for my new number so he can get in touch with me, Or to update my number in IRCC portal and then email him back. ( I already put my Indian number in my PR application)

Sorry to ask you a lot of questions but I was wondering if this is genuine or not. Thanks a lot for your time.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
@legalfalcon in my case, I am assuming that Eligibility is not conclusively passed since Security hasn't started right? I guess my criminality hasn't passed yet since I was only able to give my biometrics much later than when it was requested
If you are inland you can request your Gcms Notes from CBSA as well that will give you some more info on security and it's free for inland applicants

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Thanks for the reply. Below here is the original question post.
Telephone scams
We won’t telephone you to collect money or payments. We may sometimes contact you by telephone to get more information to continue processing an application, or to ask for more documents.
We will never ask you for any sort of payment by telephone.
People can use telephone scams to steal your money or identity, which is why we take strict measures to keep your information confidential.
You should be very careful of scams asking for details like your credit card, bank account numbers, or any other payment information.
If you get a suspicious call, hang up right away and contact your local police to report it. You may also contact the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre.
For more information about what to do if you or someone you know has been the victim of a scam, go to the Royal Canadian Mounted Police website.
Find more on how to protect yourself from fraud.
However, if they specifically asked you to update your information on the IRCC portal, you should do that and then send an email that your number has been updated. If you have provided your Indian number in your application, you need not worry, and if it was a genuine call, they will contact you back.

Usually CBSA does not call applicants whose PR applications is in process as explained in my previous post.

https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/contact/fraud-arnaque-eng.html

Scammers posing as CBSA employees
Recognizing a scam
If you've received a 1-800 call from the CBSA, this is a strong indicator of a scam. The CBSA does not contact the public directly. The CBSA never requests payments, personal or financial information, such as Social Insurance Number (SIN) or credit card numbers.

Telephone calls may display numbers and employee names that appear to be from the CBSA. Emails may contain CBSA logos, email addresses or employee names and titles to mislead the readers.

Reporting a scam
To report scams, contact the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre. If you think you may be the victim of fraud or you unknowingly provided personal or financial information, contact your local police service, financial institution, and credit reporting agencies.

Other ways to stop fraud
Make sure you recognize the signs of fraud and take action. Talking to your friends and family about the signs can help protect them from becoming a victim. Remember, you can stop phone fraud: just hang up!

Visit the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre for more information.

Reactions: Tivativalu

zhou79685

Star Member
Oct 29, 2020
Edmonton
Category........
AINP
AOR Received.
16-08-2020
Med's Done....
28-09-2020
Just got off the phone with IRCC and my progress as follows is:

AOR: August 11, 2020
MEP: August 27
Biometrics: October 9

Visa Office: Ottawa

Eligibility: Passed
Security: Not Started
Criminality: In Progress
My situation is similar to you. AOR 8.16, MEP 9.28.
Security: Not Started
Criminality: In Progress

Hyperian2207

Sep 27, 2020
Called IRCC today and was informed as below:
Criminality: Not started
Security: Not started
VO: Ottawa

AOR: 19th Aug
MEP: 12th sept
Biometrics: 16th sept

Reactions: BussyBaby

jass91

Apr 17, 2020
Hi guys
i have question
My application status changed back to Submitted and invitation received. What it usually means?
AOR 19Aug
Medical Passed, Bio-metric and RCMP check request letter 30 Sept
RCMP letter submitted 7 October
Today Got call from service canada
Evening time my status changed back to submitted and invitiation recieved?
I'm really worried about it.

Hibeekhay

Oct 6, 2020
Good day folks, please Ideally how long does the eligibility takes before it is passed? My application is two months old last Sunday and the time I called IRCC my eligibility is still in process and security and background check has not started.
Also my study permit application I was asked to update my international passport because the one I used for the application has expired which I already did. My application there has passed the eligibility stage and has been granted an AIP(I am sorry this is not the right group for this to be discussed I mean the study permit application) but after then nothing has been done too. Just wandering

Tivativalu

Apr 12, 2019
@legalfalcon
However, if they specifically asked you to update your information on the IRCC portal, you should do that and then send an email that your number has been updated. If you have provided your Indian number in your application, you need not worry, and if it was a genuine call, they will contact you back.

Usually CBSA does not call applicants whose PR applications is in process as explained in my previous post.

https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/contact/fraud-arnaque-eng.html
ThankYou @legalfalcon . Will call them up today. Thanks for your patience and time.

Reactions: legalfalcon

jass91

Apr 17, 2020
Hi guys
should we need to continue our job after eligibility passed or we can quit?
please let me know if anybody knows about it.
Thanks in advance

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
Good day folks, please Ideally how long does the eligibility takes before it is passed? My application is two months old last Sunday and the time I called IRCC my eligibility is still in process and security and background check has not started.
Also my study permit application I was asked to update my international passport because the one I used for the application has expired which I already did. My application there has passed the eligibility stage and has been granted an AIP(I am sorry this is not the right group for this to be discussed I mean the study permit application) but after then nothing has been done too. Just wandering
There are no official timelines and each application is different, It is not possible to predict

Reactions: Hibeekhay

Debbso

Star Member
Aug 12, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
RPRF 06-10-2020
AOR Received.
27-08-2020
Hi guys
should we need to continue our job after eligibility passed or we can quit?
please let me know if anybody knows about it.
Thanks in advance
Lmaooo...why would you quit your job cos eligibility is passed? Eligibility passed don’t necessarily mean PPR is close. Please go on with your normal life until you get PPR.

jass91

Apr 17, 2020
Lmaooo...why would you quit your job cos eligibility is passed? Eligibility passed don’t necessarily mean PPR is close. Please go on with your normal life until you get PPR.
Actually i didn't want that but i had to quit because of my employer. She just exploit their employees.

Debbso

Star Member
Aug 12, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
RPRF 06-10-2020
AOR Received.
27-08-2020
Actually i didn't want that but i had to quit because of my employer. She just exploit their employees.
Oh wow, sorry to hear that. Pls find something else to keep yourself busy and get your mind distracted from this PR process. Could be a short or long journey, hopefully, the former.