Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2020
Exactly, i know the ip1/ip2 statuses don’t matter much and each case is different, but i can’t help be curious on why mine hasn’t changed since aor like majority of others this year.

Also, how do you know your criminality is in progress? Did you place a call to ircc or something?
On the same day as my MEP / BIL, I also got an ADR for an rcmp pcc. This means they were either already doing criminality or wanted to start it. I had a second ghost update after uploading the rcmp pcc but nothing changed in my profile for several days, so I called to ask what the update was for. The agent said your criminality is in progress so maybe it was started that day after receiving the pcc, but eligibility and security is not yet started. Frustratingly, he seemed to not know whether r10 is complete or not—which was strange because I always thought they will do criminality only if r10 is complete. See, this is why I wish my status would change like the other people's statuses, then I could at least make some basic guesses! o_O

Treasure59

Star Member
Mar 8, 2020
oh wow! Are you fsw?
Atleast you’re certain criminality has started.
Also, according to this link, https://www.getgcms.com/blog/express-entry-application-processed/ R10 is usually completed before you are sent your MEP or around same time so i’m pretty sure yours is completed as well because thats usually even before criminality starts. So i’m guessing it means your “IP1” has begun but your background status just hasn’t changed.

On the same day as my MEP / BIL, I also got an ADR for an rcmp pcc. This means they were either already doing criminality or wanted to start it. I had a second ghost update after uploading the rcmp pcc but nothing changed in my profile for several days, so I called to ask what the update was for. The agent said your criminality is in progress so maybe it was started that day after receiving the pcc, but eligibility and security is not yet started. Frustratingly, he seemed to not know whether r10 is complete or not—which was strange because I always thought they will do criminality only if r10 is complete. See, this is why I wish my status would change like the other people's statuses, then I could at least make some basic guesses! o_O

mknox

Aug 18, 2020
Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2020
oh wow! Are you fsw?
Atleast you’re certain criminality has started.
Also, according to this link, https://www.getgcms.com/blog/express-entry-application-processed/ R10 is usually completed before you are sent your MEP or around same time so i’m pretty sure yours is completed as well because thats usually even before criminality starts. So i’m guessing it means your “IP1” has begun but your background status just hasn’t changed.
Yeah, FSW (inland).

Same, I think both of us are in ip1, that is what the ghost update after MEP / BIL probably is.

Libin3391

Jul 23, 2020
Hi all,
I got a ghost email on 18th September
My medicals and biometrics request were done on 17th September, any reason why the ghost email came?

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
Hi all,
I got a ghost email on 18th September
My medicals and biometrics request were done on 17th September, any reason why the ghost email came?
Yes, because the biometric information is updated in your application.
My AOR was on 01 Aug. ADR was submitted on 19 Aug.
I received the update in the same day when I gave my biometrics.
I received another ghost update on 09 Sep, kicking start IP1 message (changing from false IP2 to real IP1).

MTharwat94

Star Member
Jan 14, 2019
some clarification, agent confirmed that it went through recommend pass, confirmed pass, and security/criminality should be starting imminently in CPC Ottawa. Good luck to everyone!
can you tell me what did you ask the agent about exactly to get this answer ? just asked what's the status of my application or eligibility status ?

Libin3391

Jul 23, 2020
I received another ghost update on 09 Sep, kicking start IP1 message (changing from false IP2 to real IP1).
hi @joconstantine sorry I put my question in a wrong way actually I just got a message of medicals passed and request for collection of biometrics on 17th....and on 18th I got a ghost email, can you help with the reason here

jl3579

Aug 16, 2020
hi @legalfalcon

I just found out that the bank statement I uploaded shows only my balance by a specific day but does NOT show
  • average balance for the past 6 months
My current status is MEP passed and BIL enrolled, should I submit 6 months eStatement via webform now or should better wait for ADR?

Thank you!

Last edited:

Treasure59

Star Member
Mar 8, 2020
Hello, so you mean that email about your application being updated after you done with biometrics is just them updating your biometric info on your application?

Please how long after your email did you receive a ghost update of change from false IP2 to IP1? Does this mean your BCG status changed from “we are processing” to “in progress”?

Treasure59

Star Member
Mar 8, 2020
Hello, please what number exactly did you call? And do you know if they respond weekends as well?

some clarification, agent confirmed that it went through recommend pass, confirmed pass, and security/criminality should be starting imminently in CPC Ottawa. Good luck to everyone!

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
Hello, so you mean that email about your application being updated after you done with biometrics is just them updating your biometric info on your application?

Please how long after your email did you receive a ghost update of change from false IP2 to IP1? Does this mean your BCG status changed from “we are processing” to “in progress”?
I only received one email notification for the BIL.
The two most recent updates were without email (ghost you might call). One was right after my biometrics giving. Another changed “we are processing” to “in progress” (for this, it was 1 month 9 days after my AOR).

shmups

Feb 19, 2020
This is my second time applying this year, my AOR is August 5, 2020. My initial application was Inland, this time it's Outland.

I have received no updates on my application yet. I'm using the same medical exam results from my previous application, dated November 2019. Will there be an issue when this expires while my application is processing? I would have thought that using the same results from a previous application would speed things up but my current application's medical exam status has not changed since the day I applied.

I'm also worried that I haven't received any BIL yet. On my previous application it took around 3 weeks and it's been over 6 weeks and counting this time around. I heard that they are using biometrics results from previous applications in certain cases. Where can I read more about this? I assume if this was the case, my application would be updated to include the Biometrics Number / Date of the previous one (which is not the case right now).

My Canadian immigration experience has been very frustrating and the lack of transparency in the process does not help. I sincerely hope everyone else has a smoother ride than me, I will be very glad to put this process in the rear-view mirror.

shmups

Feb 19, 2020
hi @legalfalcon

I just found out that the bank statement I uploaded shows only my balance by a specific day but does NOT show
My current status is MEP passed and BIL enrolled, should I submit 6 months eStatement via webform now or should better wait for ADR?

Thank you!
You should be proactive and provide your six months of statements as soon as possible via webform.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
hi @legalfalcon

Thank you!
As an applicant It is your responsibility to meet the prerequisites of IRCC for all admissibility factors. If you are aware that your PoF documents do not demonstrate 6 months average balance, then you should submit it proactively as soon as possible via webform instead of waiting for an ADR or PFL.

See https://bit.ly/2H96ls8