+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>AUGUST 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

Meher88

Dec 1, 2020
Folks, an update to share. Our medicals were extended till Sep 2022 as per a phone conversation with a customer service rep couple of months ago and today our profile/application was updated with medicals passed. Finally someone looked at our application after an year and 5 months.
what's the status of your background check/security ?

AverageIndianGuy

Star Member
Apr 10, 2020
Hi Guys....
Bit of happiness in the midst of all chaos... Got my upfront remedials updated on my online account!!
Did upfront remed on Feb 17 and they passed me on March 14!

Now my Background check its showing: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

I hope it is processing.... what will happen next? Should i do anything?

I didnt recv any email for Med passed, came to know when i logged on today!!

Any thoughts guys???

AverageIndianGuy

Star Member
Apr 10, 2020
Hi all,
Just recvd another update: its a further request.

They asked for
1) New Schedule A
2) POF : last 6 months statement
3) PCC from my Current country

Need to upload within 30 days, they have allocated new slots on submitted docs page to upload them....

Finally some real movement in file after sooooo long... ☺☺☺

ih01

Star Member
Jan 5, 2020
I also had my medicals extended on March 10th. On March 11th I received a request for more information. I have been asked to provide a police certificate from my Country of Residence (New Zealand) and to complete form IMM 5669.

A bit concerned about this, does anyone know why they would ask this when I already provided the information?

Anyway, looks like there is some movement for a lot of us - finally some positive progress :)
Submitted the ADR docs today (March 15th).

I am (optimistically) thinking this potentially means PPR will come through in ~1 month. While this is exciting, the unfortunate thing is I am planning travel at the end of April for 2 months. I am from a visa exempt country so I believe I will just need to upload a copy of my passport to MyCIC portal and possibly mail some photos to my local visa office, which I could do from abroad.

My main concern is around receiving COPR documents. Does anyone know if COPR for outlanders is issued as physical mail or through the eCOPR portal?

Reactions: WPGBound

Amiz

Star Member
Jan 28, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi,
Anyone who has shared their upfront medicals to CIO - VO, please share the email address of the VO..

Reactions: CarlCoco

vivy1002

Feb 27, 2022
Finally EE-FSW Request for Visa Mail Received today, March 15th, 2022.

Timeline:

AoR: Aug 17, 2020.
Primary VO: Ottawa
Secondary: CIO
Biometrics: Sep 2020
Medical passed: Sep 2020.

Long Silence.

1st Gcms: Jan. 2021. Eligibility passed. Info sharing complete. Security & criminality not started.
2nd Gcms: Feb. 2021. Eligibility passed. Info sharing complete. Security & criminality not started
3rd Gcms: July. 2021. Eligibility passed. Info sharing complete. Security & criminality not started.
4th gcms: Dec. 2021. Received March 2022.
Eligibility passed. Info sharing complete. Security & criminality not started. Medical expired.

Jan 2022. Applied for visitor's visa after getting tired of waiting for EE FSW

Upfront Medicals & PCC: March 7th
CsE/emails to Ottawa VO. March 8th for upfront medicals

1st GU March 10th: Medical showed "passed" on gckey profile:

2nd GU March 11th.: background changed to "we are processing your background check..."

March 14th - Passport Request for Visitor's visa.

March 14th - raised cse with upfront PCC and sent emails again to Ottawa VO with PCC

March 15th: Golden Email received for Permanent Resident Visa. (REQUEST FOR VISA)

My family is overjoyed! We have cried and laughed so much today

Thanks for all the encouragement here, and special thanks to @ambee for helping with email format to the VO.

I wish everyone still waiting this good news soonest!
God bless you all ❤

ambee

May 4, 2021

Timeline:

Long Silence.

1st Gcms: Jan. 2021. Eligibility passed. Info sharing complete. Security & criminality not started.
2nd Gcms: Feb. 2021. Eligibility passed. Info sharing complete. Security & criminality not started
3rd Gcms: July. 2021. Eligibility passed. Info sharing complete. Security & criminality not started.
Eligibility passed. Info sharing complete. Security & criminality not started. Medical expired.

2nd GU March 11th.: background changed to "we are processing your background check..."

March 14th - raised cse with upfront PCC and sent emails again to Ottawa VO with PCC

March 15th: Golden Email received for Permanent Resident Visa. (REQUEST FOR VISA)

Thanks for all the encouragement here, and special thanks to @ambee for helping with email format to the VO.

God bless you all ❤
Yayyy! ❤

Reactions: Amiz

Meher88

Dec 1, 2020

Timeline:

Long Silence.

God bless you all ❤
Congratulations... :) :)

Reactions: vivy1002

Jassi1891

Mar 16, 2022
Hello everyone,

My AOR is of 3rd Aug2020 and waiting impatiently for PPR. I got my pre-medical done on 19Jan and got updated on 3rd March. The background check says "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."

Now I'm not sure what is happing with my application. I have seen a lot of people from Jan 2021AOR getting their PPR.

What should I be doing next? Can I expect my PPR soon? Or should I look for some alternate options?

WPGBound

Star Member
May 12, 2020
Hello everyone,

My AOR is of 3rd Aug2020 and waiting impatiently for PPR. I got my pre-medical done on 19Jan and got updated on 3rd March. The background check says "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."

Now I'm not sure what is happing with my application. I have seen a lot of people from Jan 2021AOR getting their PPR.

What should I be doing next? Can I expect my PPR soon? Or should I look for some alternate options?
You're in a great spot. A number of other people with AOR of August 2020 have been following a similar pattern where they have been doing re-meds, seeing that approved in their portal online, seeing their background check as in process, and within a couple weeks getting their PPR.

I think you should sit tight through the end of the month to see if you get the golden email.

Reactions: CarlCoco and VVV62