+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>AUGUST 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

Rexxxx

Star Member
Jun 16, 2020
From looking at the Outlander PPR thread, it appears a significant number of recent PPRs were received by applicants who did upfront remeds. There is a note on my GCMS notes stating that my medicals are to be extended, however they are not updated on my application.

Does anyone have an opinion if it would be worth doing upfront remeds anyway, just to get someone to pick up my application and hopefully move it along?
Friend, i now fully understand the document validity based processing chart that was everywhere couple of months ago. Apparently they are processing those with relatively valid processing docs - meds, pcc visavis more recent AORs

Probably there's another sweeper VO/officers whose in charge of clearing those applications with <3 months old docs validity. These are the older aor applicants getting ADRs now so processing can continue. But these guys are working batches and probably still in AOR April 20 and prior.

My take is to be ahead and provide new valid docs that'll put your app among the >3 months valid docs.

My musings.

Last edited:
Reactions: BussyBaby and Amiz

BussyBaby

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
Did my upfront medical on the 15th of February, my hospital sent it to IRCC on the 22nd and it was updated to passed on the 25th of February. This morning I received a Schedule A and IMM5406 form. Anyone filled the schedule A form recently? I plan to go back to my application checklist so I don't make any mistakes.

Reactions: Amiz

BussyBaby

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
From looking at the Outlander PPR thread, it appears a significant number of recent PPRs were received by applicants who did upfront remeds. There is a note on my GCMS notes stating that my medicals are to be extended, however they are not updated on my application.

Does anyone have an opinion if it would be worth doing upfront remeds anyway, just to get someone to pick up my application and hopefully move it along?

My theory is that upfront remeds mean the application needs to be "picked up" and updated in response to the webform, and these applications seem to get PPR shortly thereafter. Not sure if I am clutching at straws here or if this is worthwhile :)
Go for upfronts. They didn't pick up my application till I did

Reactions: ih01 and Amiz

Meher88

Dec 1, 2020
Received gcms today. Meds extended till 15 oct 2022.
Aor aug 2020 fswo.
Vo is ottawa.
Is this a gd sign? Assuming visa issued is for 6 months, should i expect ppr next month?
Visa is issued till the expiry of medical or the passport , what ever is first/prior.. no specific validity time...
Meds extended is a good sign in a way that you don't have to do remeds..(even my meds are extended according to my gcms notes) still the visa officer has to pick up the file to process or approve the file ...
In the gcms notes, what's the status of rest of the steps.. ? I mean eligibility , criminality and security..

Kboustany

Mar 25, 2021
Visa is issued till the expiry of medical or the passport , what ever is first/prior.. no specific validity time...
Meds extended is a good sign in a way that you don't have to do remeds..(even my meds are extended according to my gcms notes) still the visa officer has to pick up the file to process or approve the file ...
In the gcms notes, what's the status of rest of the steps.. ? I mean eligibility , criminality and security..
Eligibility passed. Criminality and security not started. Problem with the medical extension is that you are confused what step you should make so that officer picks up your file. Any suggestions ?

Meher88

Dec 1, 2020
Eligibility passed. Criminality and security not started. Problem with the medical extension is that you are confused what step you should make so that officer picks up your file. Any suggestions ?
I know exactly what you mean.. have had similar thoughts since the day I received my gcms notes.. Try calling them and also raise a webform...
Even I raised a webform generally asking for status update...
we do what we can ..

Kboustany

Mar 25, 2021
I know exactly what you mean.. have had similar thoughts since the day I received my gcms notes.. Try calling them and also raise a webform...
Even I raised a webform generally asking for status update...
we do what we can ..
I will try that. Thanks for the suggestion!
May i ask when did you get your meds extended and until what date?