+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>AUGUST 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

Jo1984

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Wow! We will be crossing the finish line soon by God's grace.
All the best
Very similar timeline to mine. AOR 23 August, MEP and BIL 14 September, biometrics 20 October. I actually did have 2 GU (what they mean exactly is anyone's guess). One was a week after biometrics and my background check went from "We are processing..." to "Your application is in progress...". One day later, I had another GU and the background check wording went back to "We are processing...". That was 1 week ago. I have not enquired about my status yet...

Cannybound

Nov 6, 2020
Very similar timeline to mine. AOR 23 August, MEP and BIL 14 September, biometrics 20 October. I actually did have 2 GU (what they mean exactly is anyone's guess). One was a week after biometrics and my background check went from "We are processing..." to "Your application is in progress...". One day later, I had another GU and the background check wording went back to "We are processing...". That was 1 week ago. I have not enquired about my status yet...
Good to see people with similar timelime.
I think getting the GU means your application is being actively worked upon but since we all don't get these updates it could mean anything. You can raise a CSE or put a call through to know the status of your application now. I think that will give clarity to those GU.
All the best

Jo1984

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Good to see people with similar timelime.
I think getting the GU means your application is being actively worked upon but since we all don't get these updates it could mean anything. You can raise a CSE or put a call through to know the status of your application now. I think that will give clarity to those GU.
All the best
I know I can, I'm just too anxious to do it :)

Reactions: Cannybound

Jo1984

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi!
Does any one know if IP2 occurs only if eligibility is passed?o_O
I think so, yes. My understanding, from everything I read, is that security (IP2) is initiated after eligibility has been passed.

Buik84

Star Member
Nov 1, 2020
BC
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
13-05-2020
AOR Received.
23-08-2020
Med's Done....
01-10-2020
Hi! I am new here
I have been looking for a forum with same timeline to join since I am DIYing my way through the process.
Aor-Aug 22
Adr Imm5475- Sept 10 submitted same day
MP and BIL- Sept 14
Biometrics 7th Oct- reflected within 3hours and the background check changed to "we are processing"
Raised a CSE last week and got the following information: VO-Ottawa
Eligibility met, Criminality valid and security not initiated
similar to my timeline! I had 2 ghost updates during the last week.

mknox

Aug 18, 2020
Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2020
First of all, IRCC is aware of most PCC form all countries is handles. If you changed your name, then the same name will be reflected in your passport and PCC, so there is no need to worry.

People write a lot of stuff what they feel was the reason for the refusal and often leave the real reason.

If you have any concerns, you can send a LoE and explain this. However, I don't see any concerns as your name in PCC and passport is the same.
Thanks for this, a little more relieved now. "People write a lot of stuff what they feel was the reason for the refusal and often leave the real reason." Yes, you are absolutely right, I have seen this happen all the time. I hope this is the case this time as well. My Canadian RCMP pcc runs a check using both my names and this is reflected in the report. I am concerned that the ircc officer might see both names mentioned in the rcmp pcc and wonder why this was not done in my home country's pcc as well. Because if my passport and pcc names are the same, I could have easily have committed crimes earlier before I changed my name, which would then be omitted from a pcc search made using my new name alone. But yes, if they know how different countries' processes work, then they would know that both names are already linked in this particular country's system, so the pcc automatically covers everything. I am still considering an LoE to explain although I don't want to complicate matters if they are uncomplicated as you say. I will think a bit more about this. It is not helping that the criminality has been in progress for over two months now. Thank you though, you are very kind to assuage people's concerns.

Reactions: legalfalcon

MTharwat94

Star Member
Jan 14, 2019
Good evening guys, i have a question.
So my file has been transferred to Cairo LVO, if i called IRCC, will they be able to give me status updates about my file or not ?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks for this, a little more relieved now. "People write a lot of stuff what they feel was the reason for the refusal and often leave the real reason." Yes, you are absolutely right, I have seen this happen all the time. I hope this is the case this time as well. My Canadian RCMP pcc runs a check using both my names and this is reflected in the report. I am concerned that the ircc officer might see both names mentioned in the rcmp pcc and wonder why this was not done in my home country's pcc as well. Because if my passport and pcc names are the same, I could have easily have committed crimes earlier before I changed my name, which would then be omitted from a pcc search made using my new name alone. But yes, if they know how different countries' processes work, then they would know that both names are already linked in this particular country's system, so the pcc automatically covers everything. I am still considering an LoE to explain although I don't want to complicate matters if they are uncomplicated as you say. I will think a bit more about this. It is not helping that the criminality has been in progress for over two months now. Thank you though, you are very kind to assuage people's concerns.
In the form, there is a question that asks if you have ever changed your name. So you would have answered it and IRCC will know the you have changed your name.

IRCC deals within such issues all the times.

mknox

Aug 18, 2020
Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2020
In the form, there is a question that asks if you have ever changed your name. So you would have answered it and IRCC will know the you have changed your name.

IRCC deals within such issues all the times.
Okay, thank you, good to know. Meanwhile, I asked my country's consulate here to send me an "official" email stating that they have already taken both my names into consideration, otherwise they would not have issued me pcc without checking for that first. They answered with this email and told me to use it to show to ircc if I want to. If I decide to write an LoE, I'll attach a screenshot of the email. Although I am feeling much better overall after getting your opinion on this matter. :)

Reactions: legalfalcon

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Okay, thank you, good to know. Meanwhile, I asked my country's consulate here to send me an "official" email stating that they have already taken both my names into consideration, otherwise they would not have issued me pcc without checking for that first. They answered with this email and told me to use it to show to ircc if I want to. If I decide to write an LoE, I'll attach a screenshot of the email. Although I am feeling much better overall after getting your opinion on this matter. :)

Awesome!! Keep us posted on the progress. What you did was an overkill, but better to be safe than sorry!

Reactions: mknox