+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AUGUST 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Ellazizi

Oct 24, 2019
Hi everyone, I got the mail from our immigration lawyer as regards the update on my application. I find it kind of confusing. Can someone please explain to me in clear terms what they mean because my blond roots are beginning to surface. But I think it has to do with payment for the right to become a permanent resident but I don’t know if my passport is included. I’m just going to copy the mail forwarded by our lawyer.

Dear Elohozino Cote:

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Actstates that a person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following:

Ø RPRF: Pay the Right of Permanent Residence fee

*** To avoid delays, please submit all requested documents at the same time ***

Please note:

Please note we no longer accept responses via email. Please go to the following link: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=Accra, complete the form, click “Next”, click “Yes” (to confirm you want to include documents), and then attach the requested documents to your response. Responses received via email will not be actioned and may result in the refusal of your application.

All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable. As of May 1, 2018, all original documents, including passports, must be submitted via the VAC. To contact the VAC, please see: http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/

You have 30 days from the date of this letter to submit additional information so that we may continue processing your application. Please note this will be the ONLY opportunity we will provide for you to submit additional evidence. Your application will be assessed in 30 days and the final decision will be based on the evidence on file at that time. If you choose not to respond with additional information, a decision will be made based on the information on file, which may result in the refusal of your application.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Regards,

Immigration Section

Migration Program | Programme de migration (JO)

High Commission of Canada in Ghana| Haut commissariat du Canada au Ghana

P.O. Box 1639

42 Independence Ave., Accra
, Ghana

ACCRAIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi everyone, I got the mail from our immigration lawyer as regards the update on my application. I find it kind of confusing. Can someone please explain to me in clear terms what they mean because my blond roots are beginning to surface. But I think it has to do with payment for the right to become a permanent resident but I don’t know if my passport is included. I’m just going to copy the mail forwarded by our lawyer.

Ø RPRF: Pay the Right of Permanent Residence fee
If you're paying a lawyer, that money should include them explaining to you what these letters mean.

At any rate, it's simple: when you applied, there were various fees (biometric, etc). Some of those you had to pay right away, others you had the option of paying later.

The Right of Permanent Residence fee is a separate fee which now you must pay.

That's it, pretty simple. You can pay it online.

• Haha
Reactions: DiiDii

Ellazizi

Oct 24, 2019
If you're paying a lawyer, that money should include them explaining to you what these letters mean.

At any rate, it's simple: when you applied, there were various fees (biometric, etc). Some of those you had to pay right away, others you had the option of paying later.

The Right of Permanent Residence fee is a separate fee which now you must pay.

That's it, pretty simple. You can pay it online.
Yes we hired a lawyer but he’s the reason I’m still stuck here. He took almost a year to do background check on my hubby and I before submitting our application. So basically he was trying do the job of the immigration, knowing fully that’s the Job of the immigration, wasted our time! we had to called him several times this week plus mails before he finally responded that he’ll track the mail.
He told my hubby I can travel once the fee is paid without passport request.
I told my hubby that doesn’t sound right. Which is why I brought it here.
So apparently it means my application has been approved but We need to pay this fee which the lawyer should have paid from the get go.

Reactions: armoured

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
Yes we hired a lawyer but he’s the reason I’m still stuck here. He took almost a year to do background check on my hubby and I before submitting our application. So basically he was trying do the job of the immigration, knowing fully that’s the Job of the immigration, wasted our time! we had to called him several times this week plus mails before he finally responded that he’ll track the mail.
He told my hubby I can travel once the fee is paid without passport request.
I told my hubby that doesn’t sound right. Which is why I brought it here.
So apparently it means my application has been approved but We need to pay this fee which the lawyer should have paid from the get go.
I would have removed him a long time ago. I believe you can call and ask you have a right to your file. You will still have to pay the fee. Be careful who you hire to do these things. Most people do not use lawyers unless the situation is complicated. If you want to fight it out with your lawyer you'll take longer. You only have 30 days from the letter to satisfy the requirement. Good luck

Ellazizi

Oct 24, 2019
I would have removed him a long time ago. I believe you can call and ask you have a right to your file. You will still have to pay the fee. Be careful who you hire to do these things. Most people do not use lawyers unless the situation is complicated. If you want to fight it out with your lawyer you'll take longer. You only have 30 days from the letter to satisfy the requirement. Good luck
I know right. He’s seem retarded that’s all I can say now. But my real question is how to pay this fee. Should I go to the VFS office or pay online or should my hubby do the payment over there?
I’m scared if we send the money to the lawyer, he’ll delay and everything will go awry.

Smd91_

Apr 6, 2019
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
15-03-2023
I know right. He’s seem retarded that’s all I can say now. But my real question is how to pay this fee. Should I go to the VFS office or pay online or should my hubby do the payment over there?
I’m scared if we send the money to the lawyer, he’ll delay and everything will go awry.
You can simply pay it online and raise a webform. Theres an option to attach documents with it and you will be good to go.

Reactions: DiiDii and armoured

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
Yes pay online

Luck_Matters

Aug 29, 2020
Hey Guys ,
Are TRV ( Visiting visa ) being processed right now ?? How many days does it take to get response ? My spousal PR process is pending from 14 months .. and still waiting for COPR . Any thoughts ?

Ellazizi

Oct 24, 2019
Hey Guys ,
Are TRV ( Visiting visa ) being processed right now ?? How many days does it take to get response ? My spousal PR process is pending from 14 months .. and still waiting for COPR . Any thoughts ?
Hi, what do you mean by pending, did you get passport request?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
I send my passport last week October 13 anyone here knows how long will it takes thank you so much.
Godbless us all.
Hard to say but since VFS is open in MNL and Cebu and MVO is operating I would guess not more than a couple weeks, could be longer since the courier companies are not operating at normal delivery times. Congratulations.

xMrsBee

Star Member
Aug 19, 2019
Visa Office......
New York
App. Filed.......
22-08-2019
AOR Received.
21-09-2019
File Transfer...
30-10-2019
Med's Request
26-09-2019
Med's Done....
02-10-2019
Interview........
06/10/2020
My husband just got his passport request. Omg! I never thought this day would ever come honestly. This is so exciting!!