+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AUGUST 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Mojtaba.abb

Oct 5, 2017
Hi
application received: Aug 6
Biometrics done: Oct 23
Medical passed: Nov 1
I just linked my application to Canada.ca. It says estimated time 8 months which is exactly 1 year from the date we applied.
Is it possible we get the result sooner? Do you know anybody who has applied earlier?

maicha

Star Member
Feb 26, 2013
SK
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Feb 2017
Doc's Request.
June 2017
Nomination.....
Nov 2016
AOR Received.
April 2017
Med's Request
February 28 2018/ March 12 2018
Med's Done....
06-03-2018/ May 17, 2018 PASSED
Passport Req..
01-06-2018
I did the exact same thing as you wanna do, there would be no problem at all.
You mean your spouse sent the forms to you here in canada ?
And you processed it here

josief

Aug 17, 2019
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
12-08-2019
AOR Received.
16-10-2019
Hello everyone.
Can someone help me pls.
We are currently filling out forms for Spousal sponsorship. I am (sponsor) a permanent resident here in Canada and my husband (principal applicant) is outside Canada.

My plan is after he signed all the forms, he's going to send the forms to me here in canada and I will submit it.

My question is is it possible to process the outland spousal sponsorship here in canada or it should be submitted where is the principal application (my husband) residing at present?

Need your advices pls and thank you
As long as you have all the signed forms, you can mail or courier it from anywhere. Just make sure you can track the delivery and get a signature! All the best

maicha

Star Member
Feb 26, 2013
SK
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Feb 2017
Doc's Request.
June 2017
Nomination.....
Nov 2016
AOR Received.
April 2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
01-06-2018
As long as you have all the signed forms, you can mail or courier it from anywhere. Just make sure you can track the delivery and get a signature! All the best
I scanned only the last pages of every forms and email to him, and he will print it and sign.

Will there be a problem with that?
Because he's not a techy person so that's what I did.

maicha

Star Member
Feb 26, 2013
SK
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Feb 2017
Doc's Request.
June 2017
Nomination.....
Nov 2016
AOR Received.
April 2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
01-06-2018
the best

I scanned only the last pages of every forms and email to him, and he will print it and sign.

Because he's not a techy person and don't know how to print the forms, so that's what I did.

josief

Aug 17, 2019
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
12-08-2019
AOR Received.
16-10-2019
the best

Because he's not a techy person and don't know how to print the forms, so that's what I did.
Well, obviously he needs to know what he’s signing! He should review each page, since it’s a legal commitment.

All I mean is that you can mail the complete application from anywhere.

StanDiv

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
transferred to CPC Mississauga! Medical will be on Oct 9! hopefully we get good news soon!!!
Hi, did you get any update after the file transfer? Mine was transferred on Nov 22nd. Would be nice to know where you are at in the process.

StanDiv

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
Just got the email that our file has been transferred to the visa office in Mississauga. Half way there, so exciting :) ... I’ll post our timeline so far.

Sponsor Canadian Citizen
PA American Citizen
•Application Mailed - Aug 20, 2019
•Application Received - Aug 22, 2019
•AOR - Sept 21, 2019
•ECAS In Process - Sept 21, 2019
•Biometrics Request - Sept 25, 2019
•SA - Sept 26, 2019
•ECAS Decision Made - Sept 26, 2019
•Medical Request - Sept 26, 2019
•Medical Completed - Oct 2, 2019
•Medical Passed - Oct 6, 2019
•Biometrics Completed - Oct 9, 2019
•Transferred to VO Mississauga - Oct 9, 2019
Hi did you get any status update after our file was transferred to CPCM?

ChaoticRandom

Sep 20, 2019
We are a little confused. We received what looks like a passport request but none of our accounts show a decision was made.

Also we don't live particularly close to any VFS center. Is there a suggested/recommended way to send the passport?

stellahello

Star Member
Aug 1, 2013
Thanks for your reply. I guess I shall take him out from my dependent. Shall I update 0008 form and include cover letter saying I misunderstood the definition of dependent and cancel my brother-in-law's dependent application ?

I applied my son's Canadian citizenship already and he is holding a Canadian passport, so he is not dependent and I don't need to do anything for him right ?

Million Thanks !
Yes, I would definitely do so. And yes, you don't need to anything for your son. Good luck!

mrstrunks

Star Member
Aug 28, 2019
Hello everyone.
Can someone help me pls.
We are currently filling out forms for Spousal sponsorship. I am (sponsor) a permanent resident here in Canada and my husband (principal applicant) is outside Canada.

My plan is after he signed all the forms, he's going to send the forms to me here in canada and I will submit it.

My question is is it possible to process the outland spousal sponsorship here in canada or it should be submitted where is the principal application (my husband) residing at present?

What I did on mine was, I printed all the forms (after filling it out and checking all the spellings), sent the documents that needed the PA's signature to my husband in the Philippines... and then he just sign the papers and sent it back to me including the other required documents ie. marriage certificate which we did not get a month after we got married.... after I received the documents...I sent the package from Canada to CPC Sydney

Mojtaba.abb

Oct 5, 2017
the best

Yes there will. Do not make my mistake. The forms make specific barcodes which changes and drove me mad.
Just sent him all the forms and he prints and sign them. Have it mailed to you. Or print them, paper mail them and have him mail it to you!!!
Hope you got it. lol

Belarusian

Sep 3, 2019
Hello everyone.
Can someone help me pls.

remember that in forms with barcodes, if you make changes, you must print the entire document. because each page has numbers that are tied to a barcode. I want to say that if you updated the info - do not print only the pages with a barcode and page with new info!!!, print all the pages again. we almost made such a mistake. my husband corrected one point and wanted to add a page with this info and a page with a new barcode, but leave the page with my signature from the previous version!

Reactions: armoured

Amykas

Aug 23, 2019
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
01-08-2019
AOR Received.
10-10-2019
File Transfer...
21-10-2019
Med's Request
13-11-2019
Med's Done....
05-12-2019
Question for us going to Quebec do we need to do the Values test or it applies for all who apply for CSQ after January 1st?