Medical received: Nov 15,2019
AOR2: Nov. 14,2019

*Good Luck to us!!!

Reactions: jerry22880

HRU

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
Hi did you receive any update !!
Thanks so much for asking! :) how is your case going?

For me... No not any update has come at all .. :( I don’t know if I’m being impatient, but I am getting very worried.
It’s been more than a month now since biometrics and medicals, absolutely no updates of my case being transferred or anything. I don’t know what’s going on ..my GCMS notes haven’t arrived yet either so I don’t know what’s going on. I check ECAS and MyCicAccount each day multiple times, but no updates yet. Let’s hope for the best..

Best of luck to you! :)

Reactions: jinkydo

SDEV8

Sep 20, 2017
Hello friends could anyone shed some light on this please
My DM was on 20 Nov at CPC M, no PPR yet so I called CIC and the agent said that the file had been transferred to the home country of PA and they will send Further instructions.
My question is if my DM was at CPC M which sends out PPR directly so why file has been transferred to PA home country.
Any comments would be very much appreciated

darshankumar patel

Feb 1, 2019
Thanks so much for asking! :) how is your case going?

For me... No not any update has come at all .. :( I don’t know if I’m being impatient, but I am getting very worried.
It’s been more than a month now since biometrics and medicals, absolutely no updates of my case being transferred or anything. I don’t know what’s going on ..my GCMS notes haven’t arrived yet either so I don’t know what’s going on. I check ECAS and MyCicAccount each day multiple times, but no updates yet. Let’s hope for the best..

Best of luck to you! :)

HRU

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
Same here no updates getting worried now! give me update when u get something once!
Sure Of course, I definitely will update you!
Keep me updated as well please if your file gets transferred :) Let’s hope it happens soon.
I am getting very worried now too.. but I guess we can’t do anything but wait. Best of luck :)

jlau2001

Nov 26, 2019
hi all,

I am from HK and new to this thread. Had been looking for informations here when I apply my wife's outland PR application and I have to say this is one of the most informative sites I encounter to.

Long story short, below is the status of my wife's application.

- PR application start end of Aug, 2019
- My sponsor application status is "Decision Made"
- My wife's medical result had been received.

Few days ago, CIC sent an email to my wife, saying she needs to submit some documents. I believe what she needs to do is just get original police certificate and update form IMM5669 and IMM5406. When we apply outland application, we put my wife's brother as one of dependent as we foresee he and his family may move to Canada in the future (10 years or 20 years maybe).

Do we need to follow CIC instruction to provide my brother in-law's info, as shown below in italic and underline ?
or simply just update the form and revoke him from our dependent in this application ?
Is there any impact to my wife's PR application if we don't submit my brother in-law's information ?

For the principal applicant and all dependents, whether accompanying you to Canada or not:
Ø If not yet submitted: Copy of Hukou (household register) if you reside in the People’s Republic of China or Taiwan, accompanied by a notarized translation into either English or French. Translation must be part of the notarized booklet.
Ø If not yet submitted: Copy of the bio-data page of your valid passport. DO NOT submit your original passport at this time.
Ø If not yet submitted: Two (2) recent photos respecting precise specifications that can be found at: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

For the principal applicant and all dependents 18 and over, whether accompanying you to Canada or not:
Ø Updated Schedule A Background/Declaration form (IMM 5669): You must declare your personal history and addresses from the age of 18 (not only the past 10 years).
Ø Updated Additional Family Information form (IMM 5406)
Ø If not yet submitted: Original police certificates from each country in which you have spent 6 months or more since the age of 18. For instructions on how to obtain police certificates for specific countries, click here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how.html. If you are unable to submit police certificate(s) within the 30 day deadline, submit proof of having applied for the certificate with your package

Sorry for the long post, I tried to look up the internet but no possible solution had been found so far.

Thanks for the help.

Justin Lau

stellahello

Star Member
Aug 1, 2013
hi all,

I am from HK and new to this thread. Had been looking for informations here when I apply my wife's outland PR application and I have to say this is one of the most informative sites I encounter to.

Long story short, below is the status of my wife's application.

- PR application start end of Aug, 2019
- My sponsor application status is "Decision Made"
- My wife's medical result had been received.

Few days ago, CIC sent an email to my wife, saying she needs to submit some documents. I believe what she needs to do is just get original police certificate and update form IMM5669 and IMM5406. When we apply outland application, we put my wife's brother as one of dependent as we foresee he and his family may move to Canada in the future (10 years or 20 years maybe).

Do we need to follow CIC instruction to provide my brother in-law's info, as shown below in italic and underline ?
or simply just update the form and revoke him from our dependent in this application ?
Is there any impact to my wife's PR application if we don't submit my brother in-law's information ?

For the principal applicant and all dependents, whether accompanying you to Canada or not:
Ø If not yet submitted: Copy of Hukou (household register) if you reside in the People’s Republic of China or Taiwan, accompanied by a notarized translation into either English or French. Translation must be part of the notarized booklet.
Ø If not yet submitted: Copy of the bio-data page of your valid passport. DO NOT submit your original passport at this time.
Ø If not yet submitted: Two (2) recent photos respecting precise specifications that can be found at: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

For the principal applicant and all dependents 18 and over, whether accompanying you to Canada or not:
Ø Updated Schedule A Background/Declaration form (IMM 5669): You must declare your personal history and addresses from the age of 18 (not only the past 10 years).
Ø Updated Additional Family Information form (IMM 5406)
Ø If not yet submitted: Original police certificates from each country in which you have spent 6 months or more since the age of 18. For instructions on how to obtain police certificates for specific countries, click here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how.html. If you are unable to submit police certificate(s) within the 30 day deadline, submit proof of having applied for the certificate with your package

Sorry for the long post, I tried to look up the internet but no possible solution had been found so far.

Thanks for the help.

Justin Lau
Your brother is not your dependent even if he wanted to come to Canada 10 or 20 years later. You may want to find the definition of the
DEPENDANT" on IRCC website.

jlau2001

Nov 26, 2019
Your brother is not your dependent even if he wanted to come to Canada 10 or 20 years later. You may want to find the definition of the
DEPENDANT" on IRCC website.
Thanks for your reply. I guess I shall take him out from my dependent. Shall I update 0008 form and include cover letter saying I misunderstood the definition of dependent and cancel my brother-in-law's dependent application ?

I applied my son's Canadian citizenship already and he is holding a Canadian passport, so he is not dependent and I don't need to do anything for him right ?

Million Thanks !