+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AUGUST 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

HRU

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
Biometrics received by cic on October 21 and medical passed and received by cic on October 25, but no other update received yet, why haven’t my application been transferred to a VO yet? :( Applicant is from and currently in Afghanistan.

Bagofnails

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
How is this even possible ? Background check started October 15, Decision made October 16, passport request October 17.
Not sure. I like to think that it has something to do with us being a legitimate couple and having as straight forward an application as possible.

Don’t overthink it, we haven’t.

xMrsBee

Star Member
Aug 19, 2019
Visa Office......
New York
App. Filed.......
22-08-2019
AOR Received.
21-09-2019
File Transfer...
30-10-2019
Med's Request
26-09-2019
Med's Done....
02-10-2019
Interview........
06/10/2020
Not sure. I like to think that it has something to do with us being a legitimate couple and having as straight forward an application as possible.

Don’t overthink it, we haven’t.
That’s amazing it only took 74 days for you. Congrats :) .. But, to ask people in a situation like this not to overthink something who are also legitimate couples and could also have straight forward applications is a bit ridiculous lol. Of course you’re not overthinking it, it happened to you. Everyone here has the same goal but unfortunately not the same time frame. You can be excited for yourself but have some compassion for everyone else still waiting.

Peter1997

Star Member
Oct 21, 2019
Hi all, it has nearly been 80 days since my application had been received. Still haven't heard anything or received AOR1. Starting to get nervous. Do I carry on waiting? or shall I send a application again?

Aug 1, 2019
That’s amazing it only took 74 days for you. Congrats :) .. But, to ask people in a situation like this not to overthink something who are also legitimate couples and could also have straight forward applications is a bit ridiculous lol. Of course you’re not overthinking it, it happened to you. Everyone here has the same goal but unfortunately not the same time frame. You can be excited for yourself but have some compassion for everyone else still waiting.
I know eh. Love the way it was posted : something to do with us being as legitimate couple, as if everyone else has a marriage of convenience but you. LOL.

slochinexpert626

Oct 30, 2018
Just a couple of updates since last time!

File Transfer to CPC-Mississauga - 10/21/2019
Bio-metrics Completed - 10/23/2019
Bio-metrics Approved - 10/23/2019
Medical Completed - 10/25/2019
Medical Passed - 11/01/2019

Rest of timeline in signature below.

Reactions: HRU
Aug 1, 2019
Hi all, it has nearly been 80 days since my application had been received. Still haven't heard anything or received AOR1. Starting to get nervous. Do I carry on waiting? or shall I send a application again?
I would give a call to IRCC, Peter. Don't send a an application again. It will create unnecessary confusion

Reactions: pardis.tabar

HRU

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
Does anyone know the timeframe for getting your application transferred to a VO, I got my biometrics and medical test done two weeks ago but no update yet

xMrsBee

Star Member
Aug 19, 2019
Visa Office......
New York
App. Filed.......
22-08-2019
AOR Received.
21-09-2019
File Transfer...
30-10-2019
Med's Request
26-09-2019
Med's Done....
02-10-2019
Interview........
06/10/2020
Does anyone know the timeframe for getting your application transferred to a VO, I got my biometrics and medical test done two weeks ago but no update yet
Honestly, it’s different for everyone from what I’ve seen. I’m sure it’ll happen soon :)

tacobowl123

Star Member
Jul 21, 2019
Do we get a notification or any indication when the medical is uploaded? I know when a decision on the medical is made, there is clear indication. The reason i'm asking is because the doctor's office sat on uploading the medical results for a week. They promised to do it tomorrow and I really want to believe them. But, they also said they would be uploading within 48 hours which was would have been last week Wednesday. Short of me calling them everyday now, the only option I have is to check ECAS.

Bagofnails

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
I'm sorry that you read something negative in my post, I can assure you it was not meant to be. I'm sure 99.9% of the people here, including the person who asked how it was possible ours was done so fast are legit couples.

I know eh. Love the way it was posted : something to do with us being as legitimate couple, as if everyone else has a marriage of convenience but you. LOL.
Lol. That's cute. Read what I said above. ^^

Good luck everyone, I truly mean that but the level of pettiness and the amount of "I SENT MY APPLICATION IN BEFORE YOU, THIS IS UNFAIR!" around these parts is somewhat ridiculous.

We all want the same thing, it happens at different times. When I said "Don't overthink it, we didn't" it was meant to be a "don't let our timeline bother you, others didn't bother us. It is what it is". Other people got theirs quicker than us who lodged after us. You can't sweat that stuff.

That's all. No hard feelings eh?

deepa_c

Sep 6, 2019
There could be so many factors as to why some applications take longer than others, even though IRCC says applications are processed in the order that they're received, unless we have insider insight as to what's going on at the IRCC offices, we can only speculate. Reasons which seem silly but can include things like the clerk or visa officer who is looking at your application happens to be more skeptical than the officer who handled someone whose application got processed faster. The PA's country's local visa office may be short staffed, or they are better organized to handle high volume, who knows. Heck, one of my friends even suggested that PAs from commonwealth countries get a quicker processing. As I said, pure speculation.

Not to mention, for whatever undisclosed reason IRCC did miss 3 weeks' worth of application so processing time is a bit out of sync anyway and not happening chronologically (e.g. some people who got AOR1 first, have had to wait for the earlier applications to get their AOR1 before they got their Biometrics and Med requests - according to a few forum posts anyway).

But I completely understand the plight of those who are watching their peers' applications get processed meanwhile not hearing a peep from IRCC about their own and these speculative reasons does nothing to help reassure them.

With all due gratitude for the wealth of information provided in these forums I do feel in times like these, seeing a side by side comparison of other applicants' progress can be both a blessing and a curse. Had it not been for this forum, I wouldn't get the helpful answers to some case-specific questions that helped me put our application together. At the same time, I can't help but ask "is there something I could have done with our application to make it progress as quick as others?"

So I will just count my blessings and move forward. Congrats to those who got their PPR and/or COPR, we'll get them too. Those who are behind in the process, have faith. It's probably not something you want to hear, but your time will come too. Keep us updated, we're here for you.