AOR Received.
23-09-2019
Med's Request
08-10-2019
Med's Done....
04-12-2019
Interview........
15-01-2020
Hello. New to this forum, American spouse being sponsored by my Canadian husband. Our application was received in Sydney on 20 August last year. I’ve completed biometrics and medicals, my application is at the VAC in New York as of late last year, and just in the past week it seems my online account shows what seems to potentially be the “ghost update”. Application status in the online account changed from “submitted” to “application/profile updated” and all the different status categories (medical, background check, etc.) stopped being visible and available. Anyone have any idea what might be next? Or is this happening for others as well?

Nina12

Champion Member
Nov 1, 2017
Reactions: HRU

Ana Cruz

Feb 17, 2020
Hello. New to this forum, American spouse being sponsored by my Canadian husband. Our application was received in Sydney on 20 August last year. I’ve completed biometrics and medicals, my application is at the VAC in New York as of late last year, and just in the past week it seems my online account shows what seems to potentially be the “ghost update”. Application status in the online account changed from “submitted” to “application/profile updated” and all the different status categories (medical, background check, etc.) stopped being visible and available. Anyone have any idea what might be next? Or is this happening for others as well?
I know someone who happened the same, December 2018 application,and I had a ghost update on a tourist visa application from 3 years ago, VO Bogota, Colombia. We dont know what’s happening :/

Last edited:

texpat

Jun 6, 2020
App. Filed.......
20-08-2019
AOR Received.
23-09-2019
Med's Request
08-10-2019
Med's Done....
04-12-2019
Interview........
15-01-2020
I know someone who happened the same, December 2018 application,and I had a ghost update on a tourist visa application from 3 years ago, VO Bogota, Colombia. We dont know what’s happening :/
So random applicants are experiencing updates without any progress?

Should we order the GCMS notes at this point?

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
Yup. Interview request came March 5, for late March interview. Received phone call Mid-march cancelling. Zero update since then.
Hi, I heard that some applicants who were required to interview, their interview requests have been waived. I don't have that lucky, and still wait for the interview reschedule. I haven't heard from IRCC for a long time. What about you? Any news?

xMrsBee

Star Member
Aug 19, 2019
Visa Office......
New York
App. Filed.......
22-08-2019
AOR Received.
21-09-2019
File Transfer...
30-10-2019
Med's Request
26-09-2019
Med's Done....
02-10-2019
Interview........
06/10/2020
Im Canadian and sponsoring my American husband. We have the same timeline. We’re also at the VO in NY. We got AOR2 Nov 18th and haven’t heard a thing since. It’s difficult to find anyone who’s application has gone to NY. I have another lady I talk to on here who’s in the same boat but she’s from June. I’ve been wondering about sending for the notes too but I also know it’s delayed due to Covid so I don’t know if I should order notes or not.

texpat

Jun 6, 2020
App. Filed.......
20-08-2019
AOR Received.
23-09-2019
Med's Request
08-10-2019
Med's Done....
04-12-2019
Interview........
15-01-2020
Im Canadian and sponsoring my American husband. We have the same timeline. We’re also at the VO in NY. We got AOR2 Nov 18th and haven’t heard a thing since. It’s difficult to find anyone who’s application has gone to NY. I have another lady I talk to on here who’s in the same boat but she’s from June. I’ve been wondering about sending for the notes too but I also know it’s delayed due to Covid so I don’t know if I should order notes or not.
We’re thinking about ordering the notes. It’s not expensive and - in the event we get to another 30 days and receive the notes without receiving anything else from IRCC - we then have at least some idea of where things sit.

We did receive the “pre-arrival” email in late December, so I am assuming that is a good sign?

Reactions: xMrsBee

xMrsBee

Star Member
Aug 19, 2019
Visa Office......
New York
App. Filed.......
22-08-2019
AOR Received.
21-09-2019
File Transfer...
30-10-2019
Med's Request
26-09-2019
Med's Done....
02-10-2019
Interview........
06/10/2020
We’re thinking about ordering the notes. It’s not expensive and - in the event we get to another 30 days and receive the notes without receiving anything else from IRCC - we then have at least some idea of where things sit.

We did receive the “pre-arrival” email in late December, so I am assuming that is a good sign?
Yeah I’m definitely thinking of doing the same thing. Unfortunately not everyone receives a pre-arrival letter and apparently you can receive it at any time during the process so from what I gather it sadly doesn’t mean much. But that’s good though, we haven’t received one.

texpat

Jun 6, 2020
App. Filed.......
20-08-2019
AOR Received.
23-09-2019
Med's Request
08-10-2019
Med's Done....
04-12-2019
Interview........
15-01-2020
Yeah I’m definitely thinking of doing the same thing. Unfortunately not everyone receives a pre-arrival letter and apparently you can receive it at any time during the process so from what I gather it sadly doesn’t mean much. But that’s good though, we haven’t received one.
Damn, I suspected it didn’t really mean much. We have passed medical, had an interview, kind of the whole nine yards it seems. We thought we were just waiting for the next step...and then boom, COVID. We have assumed everything was basically stopped because the NY VAC is closed. New York City begins reopening today, so perhaps some of this will change in the next few weeks.

Did your spouse’s application also have a recent sort of ghost update?

xMrsBee

Star Member
Aug 19, 2019
Visa Office......
New York
App. Filed.......
22-08-2019
AOR Received.
21-09-2019
File Transfer...
30-10-2019
Med's Request
26-09-2019
Med's Done....
02-10-2019
Interview........
06/10/2020
Damn, I suspected it didn’t really mean much. We have passed medical, had an interview, kind of the whole nine yards it seems. We thought we were just waiting for the next step...and then boom, COVID. We have assumed everything was basically stopped because the NY VAC is closed. New York City begins reopening today, so perhaps some of this will change in the next few weeks.

Did your spouse’s application also have a recent sort of ghost update?
Same here. We were literally waiting for either an interview if they decide we needed one or PPR and out of no where Covid decided to appear. It’s so frustrating being so close to the end and hearing nothing. Understandable due to the situation but I miss my husband. I just saw on Canada.ca that the Canadian border is reopening for immediate family members starting tonight. So, maybe that’s a good thing and applications will pick up?

We've only ever received one ghost update and that was closer to the beginning of the process. Not a peep since Nov 18th for us.

Reactions: HRU

Jersey1

Mar 22, 2020
Same here. We were literally waiting for either an interview if they decide we needed one or PPR and out of no where Covid decided to appear. It’s so frustrating being so close to the end and hearing nothing. Understandable due to the situation but I miss my husband. I just saw on Canada.ca that the Canadian border is reopening for immediate family members starting tonight. So, maybe that’s a good thing and applications will pick up?

We've only ever received one ghost update and that was closer to the beginning of the process. Not a peep since Nov 18th for us.
Same boat here... Canadian sponsoring US common-law partner. Application received July 5th. Process was not great even pre-COVID... a lot of letters sent (by IRCC) in the wrong order and that kind of thing (e.g. "final notice" before "medical instructions" and the such). Medicals passed in October (IRCC acknowledged that in December), and since Jan 30 the application is "processing". Not a word from them since then. I don't know if I should expect a "Decision Made" tomorrow, or in 6 months, and there is zero visibility of what they are doing vs what they stopped.

Reactions: HRU and xMrsBee

xMrsBee

Star Member
Aug 19, 2019
Visa Office......
New York
App. Filed.......
22-08-2019
AOR Received.
21-09-2019
File Transfer...
30-10-2019
Med's Request
26-09-2019
Med's Done....
02-10-2019
Interview........
06/10/2020
Same boat here... Canadian sponsoring US common-law partner. Application received July 5th. Process was not great even pre-COVID... a lot of letters sent (by IRCC) in the wrong order and that kind of thing (e.g. "final notice" before "medical instructions" and the such). Medicals passed in October (IRCC acknowledged that in December), and since Jan 30 the application is "processing". Not a word from them since then. I don't know if I should expect a "Decision Made" tomorrow, or in 6 months, and there is zero visibility of what they are doing vs what they stopped.
Thats the frustrating part. Zero word on what’s been going on. Whether they’ve been working on certain applications or not. Can’t wait until it’s all over.