AOR Received.
10-10-2019
File Transfer...
21-10-2019
Med's Request
13-11-2019
Med's Done....
05-12-2019
Anyone received any requests or ghost updates these days? We need a sign that IRCC are really working or else will pass the 1 year timeline by the looks of it!! :( :(

josief

Aug 17, 2019
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
12-08-2019
AOR Received.
16-10-2019
I agree HRU, this was discussed on the LVO Whatsapp group and it's not possible for HRU to specifically reference the source. Guys, don't have a go at HRU for trying to share some information with you.

Look - logic says that much of the world's businesses and governments have had to shift focus during the pandemic. So the same logic also says that our applications will be delayed during this time. Many have received emails from LVO and presumably other visa offices stating that there is a delay expected this year. IRCC are not specific about the delay - why would they be? They are never specific about timelines at the best of times. We cannot expect anyone to have a crystal ball and predict the future now.

The best thing to do is be patient, help each other on this board, and realise that you are not the only one going through this difficult time. Immigration will continue to Canada, but just not right this minute.

By the way, realistically, once things do start up again in a few months, or 6 months, it might be that there is such a backlog that our applications go through quickly, or it could be that we have to wait longer and provide updated medicals etc. Time to go with the flow and not take it personally guys!

Sending good vibes from Dubai :)

I know, I’m sorry if I cause any panic but We shouldn’t be panicking, because this COVID situation is very real and we need to be realistic and prepared for the measures the government has to take for everyone’s safety. Don’t worry guys we are all in this together.

The source where I heard this from was a London Visa Office group on WhatsApp, someone had called an MP to ask about the processing of applications. I want to post a screenshot but I don’t know how to on this forum. o_O if anyone knows how to post screenshots here then do tell, I’ll share it with you guys :)

Reactions: jerry22880 and HRU

xMrsBee

Star Member
Aug 19, 2019
Visa Office......
New York
App. Filed.......
22-08-2019
AOR Received.
21-09-2019
File Transfer...
30-10-2019
Med's Request
26-09-2019
Med's Done....
02-10-2019
Interview........
06/10/2020
I agree HRU, this was discussed on the LVO Whatsapp group and it's not possible for HRU to specifically reference the source. Guys, don't have a go at HRU for trying to share some information with you.

Look - logic says that much of the world's businesses and governments have had to shift focus during the pandemic. So the same logic also says that our applications will be delayed during this time. Many have received emails from LVO and presumably other visa offices stating that there is a delay expected this year. IRCC are not specific about the delay - why would they be? They are never specific about timelines at the best of times. We cannot expect anyone to have a crystal ball and predict the future now.

The best thing to do is be patient, help each other on this board, and realise that you are not the only one going through this difficult time. Immigration will continue to Canada, but just not right this minute.

By the way, realistically, once things do start up again in a few months, or 6 months, it might be that there is such a backlog that our applications go through quickly, or it could be that we have to wait longer and provide updated medicals etc. Time to go with the flow and not take it personally guys!

Sending good vibes from Dubai :)
I agree with what you’re saying. Patience is key in this situation. But you can’t expect people to not be frustrated at a time like this. Are the delays understandable considering the situation? Absolutely! There is zero we can do about that so we just wait. But, this pandemic is keeping people away from their loved ones & people are missing each other terribly & it’s different when you have zero way to even visit due to the restrictions, so I don’t blame anyone on here for being somewhat frustrated.

josief

Aug 17, 2019
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
12-08-2019
AOR Received.
16-10-2019
I agree with what you’re saying. Patience is key in this situation. But you can’t expect people to not be frustrated at a time like this. Are the delays understandable considering the situation? Absolutely! There is zero we can do about that so we just wait. But, this pandemic is keeping people away from their loved ones & people are missing each other terribly & it’s different when you have zero way to even visit due to the restrictions, so I don’t blame anyone on here for being somewhat frustrated.
Oh yes, you’re right, everyone is frustrated and entitled to that. I was specifically referring to those who were saying another member was “causing panic” by stating that LVO has slowed down or stopped working - and reminding everyone that it’s true, and not that anyone here wishes for there to be panic. See what I mean?

If you try logging into your IRCC account there is a notice at the top of the page about delays due to Covid-19 and all official government news sources state the same.

Reactions: HRU and Nina12

august 2019

Star Member
Feb 18, 2020
Visa Office......
ndvo
App. Filed.......
august 12 2019
AOR Received.
oct 17 2019
File Transfer...
jan12 2020
Med's Request
oct 22 2019
Med's Done....
oct 25 2019
hi does any one know if you will reciecve an email if your file got transferred again after being transferred once? my file got transferred to CPC-Mississauga office in January 2020 and yesterday i sent email to IRCC to inquiry about my application since i was getting worried. they said my file is in New Delhi visa office but i haven't received any email stating that my file was transferred again. is that normal?
is New Delhi visa office is still open? i am august 8 2019 applicant.

Nina12

Champion Member
Nov 1, 2017
hi does any one know if you will reciecve an email if your file got transferred again after being transferred once? my file got transferred to CPC-Mississauga office in January 2020 and yesterday i sent email to IRCC to inquiry about my application since i was getting worried. they said my file is in New Delhi visa office but i haven't received any email stating that my file was transferred again. is that normal?
is New Delhi visa office is still open? i am august 8 2019 applicant.
their closed and under lockdown till may 6 I think

august 2019

Star Member
Feb 18, 2020
Visa Office......
ndvo
App. Filed.......
august 12 2019
AOR Received.
oct 17 2019
File Transfer...
jan12 2020
Med's Request
oct 22 2019
Med's Done....
oct 25 2019
their closed and under lockdown till may 6 I think
thank you. do you know how long does it usually take to get PPR from them?

Last edited:

Ellazizi

Oct 24, 2019
I guess with the VFS offices closed in Lagos and Abuja till further notice, I won’t be able to submit my passport anytime soon. Or has anyone in this group from Nigeria been to any of these offices recently?

Amykas

Aug 23, 2019
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
01-08-2019
AOR Received.
10-10-2019
File Transfer...
21-10-2019
Med's Request
13-11-2019
Med's Done....
05-12-2019
I guess with the VFS offices closed in Lagos and Abuja till further notice, I won’t be able to submit my passport anytime soon. Or has anyone in this group from Nigeria been to any of these offices recently?
Hello, did u receive ppr? Can u share ur timeline please?
As i have searched different countries all vfs offices are closed :(We are all in this predicament together.

Ellazizi

Oct 24, 2019
Hello, did u receive ppr? Can u share ur timeline please?
As i have searched different countries all vfs offices are closed :(We are all in this predicament together.
No. I haven’t received ppr yet. I’m for that too. But with the VFS offices closed in Lagos till further notice, I don’t see it happening.

Amykas

Aug 23, 2019
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
01-08-2019
AOR Received.
10-10-2019
File Transfer...
21-10-2019
Med's Request
13-11-2019
Med's Done....
05-12-2019
No. I haven’t received ppr yet. I’m for that too. But with the VFS offices closed in Lagos till further notice, I don’t see it happening.
I was trying to find Something online About when they will be reopening but I found nothing!! :(:(

Reactions: HRU

Ellazizi

Oct 24, 2019
Application received 6/8/2019
Sponsor approval 15/10/2019
Biometrics request 15/10/2019
Biometrics submission 19/10/2019
File transferred to Accra Ghana 21/10/2019
Additional documents requested 28/11/2019
Medical request 4/2/2020
Pre-arrival letters 4/2/2020
Medical 19/3/2020
All I see on my on my application for almost 2 months is medical received. So I’m wondering how long it will take before this VFS offices will open and long it will take to request for my passport in view of this COVID 19 delays