+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****August 2019 - Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

Jan 27, 2020
We are very similar - ours was received two days after yours. Medical is done and passed and background check just started about a week ago.
My background check hasn't started yet. There isn't much to it. I moved here as a 20 yr old student on visa and that was 8 yrs ago. I renewed my permits every time.

mohamedbarbary

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
hi , i have question pls
31 Dec 2019 IRCC send me request for fingerprint from RCMP ( because i been in Canada more than 7 month ) so i did on 3 Jan 2020
i called police ( RCMP ) and they informed me they send result to IRCC via regular mail on January 10 , so no update in my GCC account that they revived the result like medical report
Shall i send in webform to inform them about this because tomorrow will be 1 month since they send me they request ?
thanks

Boilon

Aug 15, 2019
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
AOR Received.
20-09-2019
Hello everyone,

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but does anyone know how to link an OWP application to the PR application online account? We applied for an OWP a bit late in early December instead of at the time of PR in August... also how long have some people waited to hear back regarding the OWP? It has been about 8 weeks or so since applying for the OWP.

terrya

Jan 12, 2020
Hello everyone,

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but does anyone know how to link an OWP application to the PR application online account? We applied for an OWP a bit late in early December instead of at the time of PR in August... also how long have some people waited to hear back regarding the OWP? It has been about 8 weeks or so since applying for the OWP.
Are you still on status when you apply for OWP?

ec116

Feb 4, 2020
Hi all,

Just want to share my timeline for future reference. My application was received on Aug 17, 2019. I just called CIC, security check passed and criminality check started on January 25th. Does anyone have an idea of how long between this stage and Eligibility Check? TIA!

mohamedbarbary

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Hi all,

Just want to share my timeline for future reference. My application was received on Aug 17, 2019. I just called CIC, security check passed and criminality check started on January 25th. Does anyone have an idea of how long between this stage and Eligibility Check? TIA!
hi , i just need to know the different between security check and criminality check? i both are same ?
thanks

ec116

Feb 4, 2020
hi , i just need to know the different between security check and criminality check? i both are same ?
thanks
The agent told me there're 2 parts of background check - security and criminality. And also I have seen a lot of posts saying the security check takes longer and usually starts after criminality check so I'm not 100% sure about what the agent told me haha. Saw this in another thread, hope it helps?

"Criminality check
: Your police certificate, RCMP, and Interpol being asked if you've committed crimes. Security check: Asking CSIS and their allies if they believe you're involved with extremists, terrorists, etc"

JamesBarnes

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
Had a ghost update on the 23rd Jan after BGC started earlier in Jan. Called CIC that day and they told me that I'd be receiving a biometrics request letter in 'the next few days'. Haven't received anything like that yet. Is anyone else in a similar situation? I'm not in the Whatsapp group any more so can't check in there :(