+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****August 2019 - Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

stellahello

Star Member
Aug 1, 2013
Folks who already got your AORs!

Were any of you missing the OWP checklist? Really concerned our app will get returned because we didn’t know we needed to include the OWP checklist and a second copy of docs such as passport and marriage cert.

Hoping on it being the case of it being a pilot scheme and they’re not as strict about missing docs but if any of you have received AOR with these things missing please let me know!
I worried the same thing the other day and have seen so many people not enclosing the OWP checklist and duplicate copies. They did receive an AOR without any issue. A colleague from here shared the below information the other day when I was concerned about the OWP checklist. Hope this helps.

Now that you’ve finished preparing your application, you can submit it for processing. You should do the following:

1. Place a copy of the checklist on top of your complete application package. This will help make sure the application can be processed as quickly as possible when it arrives in our office.
  2. If you’re applying under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada class and the person you’re sponsoring is also applying for an open work permit, after the checklist, place:
    • the work permit application form and documents (if applicable) and
    • a separate fee payment receipt for the cost of the work permit application
  3. The order of documents should be as follows:
    • checklist;
    • open work permit application (and supporting documents), if applicable;
    • any barcode pages;
    • supporting documents, in the order they are listed on the checklist.

Link:https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html#mail

Brayan&Rachell

Star Member
Aug 13, 2019
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
13-08-2019
AOR Received.
20-09-2019
Med's Request
07-12-2019
Med's Done....
11-12-2019
LANDED..........
24-03-2020
Omg, signatures? I thought there was just one electronic signature you had to sign next to!
I only had one document with electronic signature and a physical one right next to it :)

Reactions: Ella A

Brayan&Rachell

Star Member
Aug 13, 2019
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
13-08-2019
AOR Received.
20-09-2019
Med's Request
07-12-2019
Med's Done....
11-12-2019
LANDED..........
24-03-2020
Yes, there is different checklist for OWP, you need to place that top of the PR application
Their a few people from this thread who have sent their OWP applications without the checklist and the duplicate photocopies and they recently just got their AOR. If they had a problem with it, CIC would most likely have sent back their applications. :D

Ami55

Jul 23, 2019
Contact your shipping company (Canada Post, Fedex, etc). Tell them you lost your tracking number. Give as much detail as possible, when you mailed it, where you mailed it from, where it's going, etc.

Because otherwise you're just waiting around hoping everything works out.

I'd do this ASAP.
I will go today after work to the canada post where i sent my package.. do you think they can give me the informatiom there ? I remember exactly what tine i sent it etc..thank u :(

TheUltimateLurker

Star Member
May 2, 2019
I will go today after work to the canada post where i sent my package.. do you think they can give me the informatiom there ? I remember exactly what tine i sent it etc..thank u :(
Wouldn't hurt. My gut tells me they'll tell you to call, but I could be wrong! Best of luck in tracking it down!~

JamesBarnes

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
Hi @Ami55

I reckon it'll be about 50/50. There have been instances on this forum where people have lost their tracking number and had to wait for AOR or a returned application :( the good news about that is that the AORs seem to be coming in pretty quickly at the moment.

However, I did some digging around on other forums and some people have had success from Canada Post by going to the branch they used to mail the package and asking them to go through the receipt roll. It helps that you have the time and date and so they at least know what time to start looking. Did you pay by debit/credit card? That might also help them narrow it down and you can also tell them the exact amount you paid as well as the intended destination.

Good luck! Keeping everything crossed for you!

Reactions: TheUltimateLurker

ToughNuggets

Star Member
Oct 21, 2017
More fantastic news here guys. We were able to successfully link the application today (on the first try no less!). No other developments to report, just a generic note from CIC saying they’ll contact us when there’s an update and they’re working on processing the application. It did have a neat little timeline saying the process should be done by August 2020. Will continue monitoring this forum in case I might be able to help others ☺ I’m a librarian and I see a lot of people coming to the library to fill out and print out forms for PR and other immigration statuses. I always try to help them as much as I can!

IvoryZhang

Aug 1, 2019
More fantastic news here guys. We were able to successfully link the application today (on the first try no less!). No other developments to report, just a generic note from CIC saying they’ll contact us when there’s an update and they’re working on processing the application. It did have a neat little timeline saying the process should be done by August 2020. Will continue monitoring this forum in case I might be able to help others ☺ I’m a librarian and I see a lot of people coming to the library to fill out and print out forms for PR and other immigration statuses. I always try to help them as much as I can!
My timeline says 11 months left too. But that is just a general tracking. I think we will likely have It done within 6 months

Ami55

Jul 23, 2019
Hi @Ami55

I reckon it'll be about 50/50. There have been instances on this forum where people have lost their tracking number and had to wait for AOR or a returned application :( the good news about that is that the AORs seem to be coming in pretty quickly at the moment.

However, I did some digging around on other forums and some people have had success from Canada Post by going to the branch they used to mail the package and asking them to go through the receipt roll. It helps that you have the time and date and so they at least know what time to start looking. Did you pay by debit/credit card? That might also help them narrow it down and you can also tell them the exact amount you paid as well as the intended destination.

Good luck! Keeping everything crossed for you!
Thank you ! i was able to take the tracking number from the branch..should arrive today..and then the real wait begin !

Reactions: TheUltimateLurker

endian

May 15, 2019
Yes, I have followed that page and I have created an online account but could not find a link to extend visit visa. It would be really helpful if you could send a screenshot of the page or share exact link.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/apply-new-temporary-resident-visa-within-canada.html

Apply a regular visitor visa, and when you go through the questions they ask you.. mention that you want to extend your stay.

let me know if you still are having problems with it.

Reactions: Manny777

siham44

Star Member
Jun 29, 2017
Hi everyone, i have submitted my pr plus owp application on sep 13 and got my passport renewed ( should receive it y end of next week) how can i inform cic about that for the owp..i still didnt receive an aor but i know that for owp we dont receive the aor..thank you !

Katt

Feb 10, 2019
Hi guys, I submitted my app last July 31st and didn't get any response until now.. But then I saw this issue about missing the signature by hand next to the electronic one and realized that I didn't sign too.. My visa will expire next month october 14, if I resubmit this month and they receive before the end of this month, should I still need to extend my visa? Or I'll be on an implied status as soon as they receive my resubmission? Thank you for those who will answer.

Brayan&Rachell

Star Member
Aug 13, 2019
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
13-08-2019
AOR Received.
20-09-2019
Med's Request
07-12-2019
Med's Done....
11-12-2019
LANDED..........
24-03-2020
Hi guys, I submitted my app last July 31st and didn't get any response until now.. But then I saw this issue about missing the signature by hand next to the electronic one and realized that I didn't sign too.. My visa will expire next month october 14, if I resubmit this month and they receive before the end of this month, should I still need to extend my visa? Or I'll be on an implied status as soon as they receive my resubmission? Thank you for those who will answer.
Are you sending an OWP with your application?

Brayan&Rachell

Star Member
Aug 13, 2019
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
13-08-2019
AOR Received.
20-09-2019
Med's Request
07-12-2019
Med's Done....
11-12-2019
LANDED..........
24-03-2020
Hi everyone, i have submitted my pr plus owp application on sep 13 and got my passport renewed ( should receive it y end of next week) how can i inform cic about that for the owp..i still didnt receive an aor but i know that for owp we dont receive the aor..thank you !
I would suggest sending them a webform on regards to the change of passport information.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp