I worried the same thing the other day and have seen so many people not enclosing the OWP checklist and duplicate copies. They did receive an AOR without any issue. A colleague from here shared the below information the other day when I was concerned about the OWP checklist. Hope this helps.Folks who already got your AORs!
Were any of you missing the OWP checklist? Really concerned our app will get returned because we didn’t know we needed to include the OWP checklist and a second copy of docs such as passport and marriage cert.
Hoping on it being the case of it being a pilot scheme and they’re not as strict about missing docs but if any of you have received AOR with these things missing please let me know!
Now that you’ve finished preparing your application, you can submit it for processing. You should do the following:
- Place a copy of the checklist on top of your complete application package. This will help make sure the application can be processed as quickly as possible when it arrives in our office.
- If you’re applying under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada class and the person you’re sponsoring is also applying for an open work permit, after the checklist, place:
- the work permit application form and documents (if applicable) and
- a separate fee payment receipt for the cost of the work permit application
- The order of documents should be as follows:
- open work permit application (and supporting documents), if applicable;
- any barcode pages;
- supporting documents, in the order they are listed on the checklist.