AOR Received.
20-09-2019
Med's Request
07-12-2019
Med's Done....
11-12-2019
LANDED..........
24-03-2020
Yes, I included all the requirements for OWP. We were just waiting now if they will return the package probably this week.
If you are able to send your application out (with OWP) before your status expires, then you will be on implied status until a decision is made about your work permit. You have to be 100% certain you will get the OWP because if that gets returned and you're out of status. You have to apply for restoration.

Brayan&Rachell

Star Member
Aug 13, 2019
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
13-08-2019
AOR Received.
20-09-2019
Med's Request
07-12-2019
Med's Done....
11-12-2019
LANDED..........
24-03-2020
On extending my visitor's visa, do I need to scan all the pages of my passport?
No, you only have to scan your biodata page, and if requested, any pages with stamps to/ from Canada.

Katt

Feb 10, 2019
If you are able to send your application out (with OWP) before your status expires, then you will be on implied status until a decision is made about your work permit. You have to be 100% certain you will get the OWP because if that gets returned and you're out of status. You have to apply for restoration.
I think for my OWP, I am sure I included all the required documents including the right fee of the total of $255. The only thing I did wrong is not signing by hand the Schedule A form next to the electronic name. I just found out last night while reading on a few forums here. Thank you so much for the help. :)

Reactions: Brayan&Rachell

Katt

Feb 10, 2019
No, you only have to scan your biodata page, and if requested, any pages with stamps to/ from Canada.
Thank you. Can you help me also on how will I merge all the supporting documents into one file? Can I put them all on word docs and upload as one file?

Brayan&Rachell

Star Member
Aug 13, 2019
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
13-08-2019
AOR Received.
20-09-2019
Med's Request
07-12-2019
Med's Done....
11-12-2019
LANDED..........
24-03-2020
Thank you. Can you help me also on how will I merge all the supporting documents into one file? Can I put them all on word docs and upload as one file?
Good to know for your OWP application!

What I did before is I used an online pdf merger.
https://combinepdf.com/
It's pretty straight forward to use and you can just download your merged files and upload :D

Katt

Feb 10, 2019
Good to know for your OWP application!

What I did before is I used an online pdf merger.
https://combinepdf.com/
It's pretty straight forward to use and you can just download your merged files and upload :D
Oh.. Thank you so much! For the eligibility questionaire, what shud I answer on the question " What would you like to do in Canada?" Shud I choose "visit" or "move there"

Brayan&Rachell

Star Member
Aug 13, 2019
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
13-08-2019
AOR Received.
20-09-2019
Med's Request
07-12-2019
Med's Done....
11-12-2019
LANDED..........
24-03-2020
Oh.. Thank you so much! For the eligibility questionaire, what shud I answer on the question " What would you like to do in Canada?" Shud I choose "visit" or "move there"
So! I personally chose visit on mine!
Just so you know, I applied for my extension last year in December but I applied for my PR just last month - when I did my visitors extension, I did solely just for visiting - I did not know at that time I would be applying for PR.

JamesBarnes

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
Hi @Katt

I just sent my extension app recently! For reason I put visit. You’ll see an optional section called ‘client info’, I included a letter briefly outlining my husband and I’s relationship (we met when I was on an IEC and I returned to Canada so we could marry and apply inland etc) I mentioned that we hadn’t received AOR so I was applying to remain in status in case of a returned app.

I also mentioned in the letter that should my OWP and PR be refused I understand I need to return to the UK and I have funds put aside for a return ticket. I also attached copies of the OWP and PR receipts as proof that we applied :)

Katt

Feb 10, 2019
Hi @Katt

I just sent my extension app recently! For reason I put visit. You’ll see an optional section called ‘client info’, I included a letter briefly outlining my husband and I’s relationship (we met when I was on an IEC and I returned to Canada so we could marry and apply inland etc) I mentioned that we hadn’t received AOR so I was applying to remain in status in case of a returned app.

I also mentioned in the letter that should my OWP and PR be refused I understand I need to return to the UK and I have funds put aside for a return ticket. I also attached copies of the OWP and PR receipts as proof that we applied :)
Oh, Thank you so much!!! Goodluck for you PR anyway :) what about on the form 5708, what did you choose on "intention to visit canada" did u choose "other" and explained that because u applied for PR?

Katt

Feb 10, 2019
So! I personally chose visit on mine!
Just so you know, I applied for my extension last year in December but I applied for my PR just last month - when I did my visitors extension, I did solely just for visiting - I did not know at that time I would be applying for PR.
Thank you so much for your help and goodluck to your PR app. :)

JamesBarnes

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
Oh, Thank you so much!!! Goodluck for you PR anyway :) what about on the form 5708, what did you choose on "intention to visit canada" did u choose "other" and explained that because u applied for PR?
I selected other and wrote ‘visiting my spouse’ :)