Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-07-2016
Med's Request
Pre-medical
Interview........
N.A.
hahaha today I send a email asking about my status and explaining my situation, after that I just logged again and guess what ...
Code:
Congratulations! You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on October 4, 2021. Follow the instructions you will receive in your ceremony invitation.
I hope they won't say this is a technical error again. Because my "test" status is still "in progress" and I didn't received any email yet.
Same here. Test is in progress and received oath invite. Might call them to clarify.

Ellasky

Star Member
Jul 28, 2019
I thought the oath is read in both English and French. So, did they schedule the oath for you on the phone? Also, was it a number or caller ID? I receive some calls from unknown numbers, but I don't respond.
I thought so too but apparently they don't host it in both languages now. Maybe someone who had their oath ceremony can confirm?

Also they didn't schedule the ceremony with me over the phone. The agent called from an unknown number and explained that I will receive an email from the Kitchener's office within the next 2 weeks with an invitation. I'm assuming they would email you if you missed one of their calls.

Reactions: CaBeaver

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I thought so too but apparently they don't host it in both languages now. Maybe someone who had their oath ceremony can confirm?

Also they didn't schedule the ceremony with me over the phone. The agent called from an unknown number and explained that I will receive an email from the Kitchener's office within the next 2 weeks with an invitation. I'm assuming they would email you if you missed one of their calls.
These random calls are new. I always prefer emails. I am not always available on the phone.

I remember reading people reading the oath and the singing the anthem in both English and French. I think this is more efficient and can be done since federal workers should speak both languages.

Also, I read that people from different offices and even provinces take the oath together, which should make grouping people based on language easier if that's what they are doing.

Anyway, good news for you. Hope we also hear something soon and end this waiting nightmare

Reactions: Ellasky

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
hahaha today I send a email asking about my status and explaining my situation, after that I just logged again and guess what ...
Code:
Congratulations! You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on October 4, 2021. Follow the instructions you will receive in your ceremony invitation.
I hope they won't say this is a technical error again. Because my "test" status is still "in progress" and I didn't received any email yet.
Congratulations! I've updated the spreadsheet.

Could you also provide the date when your "Prohibitions" was set to "Completed"?

Thanks.

Reactions: Hash1979

achayaan

Nov 25, 2019
Congratulations! I've updated the spreadsheet.

Could you also provide the date when your "Prohibitions" was set to "Completed"?

Thanks.

Hello All,

So the Good news, I got my email about asking to join video Oath ceremony on October 4th.
@rajkamalmohanram Prohibitions, Language skills and Physical presence completed on Aug 3, 2021.

Now my question is I should take the Oath or should postpone because if I am planning to go to India on Nov 1st , by the time I get the passport ?. I have less than a month :(

Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: Hapique

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello All,

So the Good news, I got my email about asking to join video Oath ceremony on October 4th.
@RAJ Prohibitions, Language skills and Physical presence completed on Aug 3, 2021.

Now my question is I should take the Oath or should postpone because if I am planning to go to India on Nov 1st , by the time I get the passport ?. I have less than a month :(

Thanks
Well, I wouldn't postpone my citizenship ceremony unless I were in a coma. You can always apply for urgent passport. However, that's not the problem here.

Someone else had a similar question earlier and I've responded here. I think the same answer should clear your query.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/time-required-to-get-canadian-passport-after-oath.744373/post-9698695

achayaan

Nov 25, 2019
Well, I wouldn't postpone my citizenship ceremony unless I were in a coma. You can always apply for urgent passport. However, that's not the problem here.

Someone else had a similar question earlier and I've responded here. I think the same answer should clear your query.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/time-required-to-get-canadian-passport-after-oath.744373/post-9698695
Okay that reply makes total sense man. Thanks a lot !!

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

Willyoldfox

Star Member
Nov 6, 2013
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-07-2016
Med's Request
Pre-medical
Interview........
N.A.
done call attend the oath they might cancel it.

jokes apart i had talked to CIC and confirmed from GCMS notes, test in progress is a system glitch
Good to know. I didn't call IRCC yet. Did you get an email confirming the oath ceremony on Oct 6th? I just noticed in my IRCC account but no email yet. Moreover, did the test status get updated after calling them?

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Got my travel history from cic and US il. I messed up my physical presence I do not meet the requirements . I'm short a few days ,less than a week though. Guess I cant criticize ircc anymore. Goodluck everyone hope u get ur oaths .

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Got my travel history from cic and US il. I messed up my physical presence I do not meet the requirements . I'm short a few days ,less than a week though. Guess I cant criticize ircc anymore. Goodluck everyone hope u get ur oaths .
Oh shoot. And you have been waiting since August 2019 to know this now? :eek: I wonder if they could have told you earlier. So, now what? I remember you mentioned you applied again online.