+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

Ellasky

Star Member
Jul 28, 2019
I applied from Waterloo and I've been on DM since April 23rd. No sign of an oath invite. I know I'm not the only one in that situation, but is there anything I can do to receive an update? An office I can email? I'm running out of options

• Sad
Reactions: el02220

rhi

Dec 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-Aug-15
Doc's Request.
Not Requested
Nomination.....
06-July-15
AOR Received.
09-Nov-15
IELTS Request
Submitted with Package
File Transfer...
30-Nov-15
Med's Request
02-Feb-16
Med's Done....
5-Feb-16, ECAS updated 25-feb- 16
Passport Req..
DM on 3 mar 16 & PPR on 7 th march 16
VISA ISSUED...
15th Mar 16
LANDED..........
Very Soon
Seems like there is no real update on our applications this week so far… anybody here got decision made in old ecas and waiting on oath invite since July … i am waiting on this step since July 15….

rhi

Dec 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-Aug-15
Doc's Request.
Not Requested
Nomination.....
06-July-15
AOR Received.
09-Nov-15
IELTS Request
Submitted with Package
File Transfer...
30-Nov-15
Med's Request
02-Feb-16
Med's Done....
5-Feb-16, ECAS updated 25-feb- 16
Passport Req..
DM on 3 mar 16 & PPR on 7 th march 16
VISA ISSUED...
15th Mar 16
LANDED..........
Very Soon
Anyone have Winnipeg cic email address? Do they reply the emails for asking status update? I believe this is a stupid question…

HM1300

Jun 8, 2021
Hi everyone,

I sent my application on August 15, 2019, received AOR on November 15, 2019 and IRCC started processing my application on December 17, 2019. As of today, there is no update on my application and everything shows in progress including my background check. Anyone in the same situation?

As per my last conversation with IRCC agent, it appears my application has been sent to the Scarborough office.

Helenou

Jan 17, 2021
Hi everyone,

I sent my application on August 15, 2019, received AOR on November 15, 2019 and IRCC started processing my application on December 17, 2019. As of today, there is no update on my application and everything shows in progress including my background check. Anyone in the same situation?

As per my last conversation with IRCC agent, it appears my application has been sent to the Scarborough office.
Hi,

I'm in the same situation. My application was sent in Aug.2019, and got AOR in Nov.2019. Now everything is in process (or not started) except background check was completed. My processing office is Mississauga.

I've tried webform, phone call, MP contact, seems no improvement except letting me to wait, to be patient.

achayaan

Nov 25, 2019
hahaha today I send a email asking about my status and explaining my situation, after that I just logged again and guess what ...
Code:
Congratulations! You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on October 4, 2021. Follow the instructions you will receive in your ceremony invitation.
I hope they won't say this is a technical error again. Because my "test" status is still "in progress" and I didn't received any email yet.

Last edited:

nikcap

Mar 23, 2019
hahaha today I send a email asking about my status and explaining my situation, after that I just logged again and guess what ...
Code:
Congratulations! You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on October 4, 2021. Follow the instructions you will receive in your ceremony invitation.
I hope they won't say this is a technical error again. Because my "test" status is still "in progress" and I didn't received any email yet.
I've got 'Decision made' but haven't got invitation for oath yet.... interesting.

akhil5293

Sep 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Yes
Passport Req..
15-12-16
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-16
LANDED..........
30-12-16
Code:
what address you used to send an email ?

Orgcom

Feb 27, 2020
I've got 'Decision made' but haven't got invitation for oath yet.... interesting.
Yes, indeed, very interesting. Your situation is unique…
In 100% cases on this forum it’s opposite - first, oath, then, in couple of months, status changes to “Decision made”, and after that the passport is mailed to in gold envelop.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I applied from Waterloo and I've been on DM since April 23rd. No sign of an oath invite. I know I'm not the only one in that situation, but is there anything I can do to receive an update? An office I can email? I'm running out of options
Send them a webform. Don't care about their response. Explain that you have been waiting for more than 4 months for the next step.

Reactions: Ellasky

Ellasky

Star Member
Jul 28, 2019
Weird coincidence but I just got a call from the Kitchener's office. They asked me if I was okay with having the oath ceremony in English (French is my first language). They also explained that the delay I experienced since getting DM is partially due to them waiting to have enough French applicants to host the ceremony in French. The agent said I should expect an oath invite via email this week or the next.

Reactions: el02220

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Weird coincidence but I just got a call from the Kitchener's office. They asked me if I was okay with having the oath ceremony in English (French is my first language). They also explained that the delay I experienced since getting DM is partially due to them waiting to have enough French applicants to host the ceremony in French. The agent said I should expect an oath invite via email this week or the next.
I thought the oath is read in both English and French. So, did they schedule the oath for you on the phone? Also, was it a number or caller ID? I receive some calls from unknown numbers, but I don't respond.