+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Consider changing your display name for this forum as it might help . Worth a shot right... hehe
We are July 2019 applicant and finally took oath in May 2021 almost two years of process where everything on file was completed since March 2020 but still it took them 15 months to send oath invite. In our case there was no FP request or any delay with BG etc but still file was on hold for no reason... I think mostly those people got impacted who did their test before the lockdown and were waiting for oath invite. Once they resumed work they started working on those applications which were test ready instead of the ones which were oath ready. Anyways I am glad that its finally over for us.

Trust me I understand the frustration and anxiety you must be going through. I sincerely hope that you get your oath invite soon.

Though you might already have tried this but did you send an email to the email address you got test invite from? In my case phone call or web forms always got me same standard response however when I sent them email to same email address that I received test invite last year it worked. They replied back same day and told me they would try to schedule for oath within a week and then they actually did. Surprise surprise
I tried changing but i could not find the option to change. I am happy for you that you are done with this painful ,torturous and disastrous process. Thanks for letting me know about the email id although I can only send an email to the same address if my DM is made but i will still send an inquiry. lets see.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Consider changing your display name for this forum as it might help . Worth a shot right... hehe
We are July 2019 applicant and finally took oath in May 2021 almost two years of process where everything on file was completed since March 2020 but still it took them 15 months to send oath invite. In our case there was no FP request or any delay with BG etc but still file was on hold for no reason... I think mostly those people got impacted who did their test before the lockdown and were waiting for oath invite. Once they resumed work they started working on those applications which were test ready instead of the ones which were oath ready. Anyways I am glad that its finally over for us.

Trust me I understand the frustration and anxiety you must be going through. I sincerely hope that you get your oath invite soon.

Though you might already have tried this but did you send an email to the email address you got test invite from? In my case phone call or web forms always got me same standard response however when I sent them email to same email address that I received test invite last year it worked. They replied back same day and told me they would try to schedule for oath within a week and then they actually did. Surprise surprise
What i observed is that cic clears 70-80% files in and around the timeframe(whichever the period they change frequently from 12 to 24 months) and keep the rest of 20% applications(non-SLA target) purposely hanging around for test/dm/oath and move on with newer applications. I dont know why but this is what i could see since 2019 applications not processed fully(and some 2018 as well of course) but they moved on to 2020 and worse to the end of 2020 (not sure if they have even moved to 2021 which i wont be surprised).

Last edited:

Flandernss

Mar 5, 2019
What i observed is that cic clears 70-80% files in and around the timeframe(whichever the period they change frequently from 12 to 24 months) and keep the rest of 20% applications(non-SLA target) purposely hanging around for test/dm/oath and move on with newer applications. I dont know why but this is what i could see since 2019 applications(and some 2018 as well of course) but they moved on to 2020 and worse to the end of 2020 (not sure if they have even moved to 2021 which i wont be surprised).
I kinda got a similar impression looking at the spreadcheets

canvisa13

Nov 21, 2019
What i observed is that cic clears 70-80% files in and around the timeframe(whichever the period they change frequently from 12 to 24 months) and keep the rest of 20% applications(non-SLA target) purposely hanging around for test/dm/oath and move on with newer applications. I dont know why but this is what i could see since 2019 applications not processed fully(and some 2018 as well of course) but they moved on to 2020 and worse to the end of 2020 (not sure if they have even moved to 2021 which i wont be surprised).
May be to bring down the avg.processing time to look good in media?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Reactions: luvtrump

executive

Star Member
Mar 27, 2013
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov-2010
Doc's Request.
Jan-2014
Nomination.....
CSQ 12-2014
AOR Received.
QSW AOR Nov-2010, PR AOR Apr 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Original Application
Med's Request
June 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14 July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
July 15
LANDED..........
Oct 2015
I tried changing but i could not find the option to change. I am happy for you that you are done with this painful ,torturous and disastrous process. Thanks for letting me know about the email id although I can only send an email to the same address if my DM is made but i will still send an inquiry. lets see.
No no please dont consider changing display name, I only said it jokingly. :)

Test invite email is sent from lvo so if you send an email to them and request to please expedite etc it might help. Mine was Ottawa office and sending them email directly worked and they finally opened the file. Had I not sent that email I believe I would still be waiting for oath. But yes you are right that in my case I had DM since March 2020 and nothing was pending except oath.

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020

Test invite email is sent from lvo so if you send an email to them and request to please expedite etc it might help. Mine was Ottawa office and sending them email directly worked and they finally opened the file. Had I not sent that email I believe I would still be waiting for oath. But yes you are right that in my case I had DM since March 2020 and nothing was pending except oath.
Well since trump is gone i was thinking change to IRCC_suks or Blackhole_suks . If I had an oath in pending id be standing outside their office with poutine and extra cheese atleast id know that a decision has been made. Right now I have no idea what is going on. Im going to duplicate my application and im gonna order gcms notes every month till they get fed up and refund me completely.

Moeodah

Jan 17, 2021

How can i send an email directly to the Ottawa office ? ... And did you get the oath already ?

executive

Star Member
Mar 27, 2013
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov-2010
Doc's Request.
Jan-2014
Nomination.....
CSQ 12-2014
AOR Received.
QSW AOR Nov-2010, PR AOR Apr 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Original Application
Med's Request
June 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14 July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
July 15
LANDED..........
Oct 2015

Flandernss

Mar 5, 2019
Well since trump is gone i was thinking change to IRCC_suks or Blackhole_suks . If I had an oath in pending id be standing outside their office with poutine and extra cheese atleast id know that a decision has been made. Right now I have no idea what is going on. Im going to duplicate my application and im gonna order gcms notes every month till they get fed up and refund me completely.
They are not fed up with you alread? You involved your MP a few times, right? Sometimes I wonder if this kind of thing helps or backfires.

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
They are not fed up with you alread? You involved your MP a few times, right? Sometimes I wonder if this kind of thing helps or backfires.
I guess not that is why I do not have a "Decision Made" yet. This thing does'nt really help much. But i am def going to make them fed up. Ill keep ordering GCMS notes every month till I have a whole shelf full of gcms notes.

• Haha
Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I guess not that is why I do not have a "Decision Made" yet. This thing does'nt really help much. But i am def going to make them fed up. Ill keep ordering GCMS notes every month till I have a whole shelf full of gcms notes.
Well, next time you contact your MP's office, send them the latest copy of your GCMS notes and tell them IRCC is providing no information whatsoever about why the file is still pending. Also, just make sure you have a latest response to a webform (if you don't already have one) that shows the generic response from IRCC. Word of advise, try ordering notes from CBSA to see if you see any more details about why and which stage your file is pending in. The word is that CBSA doesn't redact too much information like IRCC but I can't be sure. I have ordered notes from CBSA myself to confirm this.

Last edited:

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Well, next time you contact your MP's office, send them the latest copy of your GCMS notes and tell them IRCC is providing no information whatsoever about why the file is still pending. Also, just make sure you have a latest response to a webform (if you don't already have one) that shows the generic response from IRCC. One advise, try ordering notes from CBSA to see if you see any more details about why and which stage your file is pending in. The word is that CBSA doesn't redact too much information like IRCC but I can't be sure. I have ordered notes from CBSA myself to confirm this.
Correct, good idea.
you should send that shelf full of gcms notes to MP to note on "no progress by cic for a year". You cant just suffer alone, let MP be part of it ;)

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Well, next time you contact your MP's office, send them the latest copy of your GCMS notes and tell them IRCC is providing no information whatsoever about why the file is still pending. Also, just make sure you have a latest response to a webform (if you don't already have one) that shows the generic response from IRCC. Word of advise, try ordering notes from CBSA to see if you see any more details about why and which stage your file is pending in. The word is that CBSA doesn't redact too much information like IRCC but I can't be sure. I have ordered notes from CBSA myself to confirm this.
MP is useless she does not involve herself but her assistant does all the work. Notes from CBSA and CSIS on the way should be here by 3 to 5th July

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram