+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

Shoukat Halani

Star Member
Sep 6, 2014
I meant that it takes 1-2 days for ircc to respond, not the link expiry. Yes link expires in 15 mins and we have seen people having this issue.
Thats good that you have many days left to attend the test and planned to attempt well ahead(good plan) hence dont worry. it should be resolved on monday.
Thank you very much dear. Much appreciated.

Flandernss

Mar 5, 2019
Asking for a friend:

Does office make sure your application is complete before scheduling you for a test? Can they just return your application after test is complete and tell you that your application is not complete/language proof is not acceptable (after about more than 1.5 years of wait)?

This has not happened but is it possible?
Dont think that is quite possible. If there is stuff missing, they dont give you AOR and ship it back to ya.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Asking for a friend:

Does office make sure your application is complete before scheduling you for a test? Can they just return your application after test is complete and tell you that your application is not complete/language proof is not acceptable (after about more than 1.5 years of wait)?

This has not happened but is it possible?
I imagine it's like PR, you don't get AOR if your documents aren't complete and valid.

What's the worry about their language proof? It's pretty lax and straightforward.

Shoukat Halani

Star Member
Sep 6, 2014
I just passed my citizenship test (19/20). Difficulty level was moderate.

Initially I did not receive the link. My link was directly going into trash whereas I was checking my spam folder.

I read Discover Canada two times and practiced from the following fours sites:

https://www.canadacitizenshipstudyguide.com/member/canadian-citizenship-practice-test.php
https://www.apnatoronto.com/canadian-citizenship-test-practice/
http://www.thecanadiantest.com/citizenship-test/1
https://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/

Here is my time line. Sent application on Aug 28, 2019.
  • Jun 18, 2021
    Scheduled for citizenship test

Citizenship test

You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between June 18, 2021 and July 8, 2021. Information and instructions will be sent to you.

• Mar 18, 2020

Citizenship test

You've been scheduled to take citizenship test on March 18, 2020. Information and instructions will be sent to you.

• Feb 18, 2020
    Citizenship test activity status updated

Citizenship test

Citizenship test status has been updated to In progress

• Jan 13, 2020
    Background verification activity status updated

Background verification

Background verification status has been updated to Completed

• Nov 15, 2019
    Application filed

We have received your application and have begun to process your application. Information about next steps and required action items will be coming soon.

Reactions: harirajmohan

Shoukat Halani

Star Member
Sep 6, 2014
I just passed my citizenship test (19/20). Difficulty level was moderate.

Initially I did not receive the link. My link was directly going into trash whereas I was checking my spam folder.

I read Discover Canada two times and practiced from the following fours sites:

https://www.canadacitizenshipstudyguide.com/member/canadian-citizenship-practice-test.php
https://www.apnatoronto.com/canadian-citizenship-test-practice/
http://www.thecanadiantest.com/citizenship-test/1
https://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/

Here is my time line. Sent application on Aug 28, 2019.
  • Jun 18, 2021

Citizenship test

You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between June 18, 2021 and July 8, 2021. Information and instructions will be sent to you.

• Mar 18, 2020

Citizenship test

You've been scheduled to take citizenship test on March 18, 2020. Information and instructions will be sent to you.

• Feb 18, 2020
    Citizenship test activity status updated

Citizenship test

Citizenship test status has been updated to In progress

• Jan 13, 2020
    Background verification activity status updated

Background verification

Background verification status has been updated to Completed

• Nov 15, 2019
    Application filed

We have received your application and have begun to process your application. Information about next steps and required action items will be coming soon.
One important point; if you are applying from Ontario use "Health Card"; Reason being Ontario Driver License's fonts are not very much clear or screen readable; I was unable to take a clear photo of Driver's License and the same is the case with PR Card and due to this my first link expired. The fonts of the Health Card are very clear and readable. This is just an advice.

Last edited:

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
One important point; if you are applying from Ontario use "Health Card"; Reason being Ontario Driver License's font are not very much clear or screen readable; I was unable to take a clear photo of Driver's License and the same is the case with PR Card and due to this my first link expired. The fonts of the Health Card are very clear and readable. This is just an advice.
Thanks for this. I'm taking the test in another 17 minutes, I'll use my health card.

Reactions: Shoukat Halani

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
rajkamalmohanram

Your signature says you are a 2020 applicant. I mean no offense, but what is your interest in August 2019 applicants posts?
If you look more closely, my interest would be for 24 months worth of applications - From Jan 2019 to December 2020. I have been updating the spreadsheets - keeping track of timelines for all 2019 and 2020 applicants for a while now.

I do this because I want to get a grasp on how the applications are moving and how the processing times are changing with time.

Flandernss

Mar 5, 2019
If you look more closely, my interest would be for 24 months worth of applications - From Jan 2019 to December 2020. I have been updating the spreadsheets - keeping track of timelines for all 2019 and 2020 applicants for a while now.

I do this because I want to get a grasp on how the applications are moving and how the processing times are changing with time.
That's cool, thanks.

Looking on the spreadsheets I got the impression August applicants could expect to get to 80-85% tests completed by December 2021 (that is, some 3% monthly increments or 4-5 test invites by monthly cohort). In other words, things are moving veeeeeeery slowly and maybe a third of us still waiting for a test won't have citizenship Oaths before way into the winter in 2022. Sounds correct?

Flandernss

Mar 5, 2019
I also wonder when presential tests would resume: this could resolve the problem... Everybody is talking about re-opening, they should at least address the topic.

Reactions: Ash201288

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
That's cool, thanks.

Looking on the spreadsheets I got the impression August applicants could expect to get to 80-85% tests completed by December 2021 (that is, some 3% monthly increments or 4-5 test invites by monthly cohort). In other words, things are moving veeeeeeery slowly and maybe a third of us still waiting for a test won't have citizenship Oaths before way into the winter in 2022. Sounds correct?
A lot of entries are in the spreadsheet are stale. For September 2020, I try to keep it as updated as I possibly can but for other months, someone from that thread should take up that responsibility. Because of the stale entries, it might appear that people are not getting test invitations or updates on their application, which isn't a true representation of reality. A number of applicants in the September 2020 thread are (fortunately) active and provide updates on a regular basis. If you look at September 2020 data, the test invites have been coming in at a rather rapid pace (compared to the previous months). If IRCC is re-opening, then in-person AND online formats of both the test and oath would likely be conducted and this will certainly serve the purpose of tackling the backlog we have now (especially the backlog for oath ceremonies).

canvisa13

Nov 21, 2019
That's cool, thanks.

You are right. Very very few invites to 2019 applicants, but a lot around 90% of invites to 2020 applicants. Unfair.

Flandernss

Mar 5, 2019
Thanks!

You touched an important point: forum activity.

I don't know to what extent the problem is IRCC neglecting 2019 applicants or if it is 2019 applicants who got tired and now neglect the forum.

It is certainly both, but no idea to what degree.

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
So I had a talk with IRCC agent today , I asked her about my status what GCMS shows and What new trackers shows . She said Prohib no started . So basically this confirms what you see on fancy tracker is not true status but ur GCMS is true. so keep ordering every month to get yourself relieved.

Secondly ,I mentioned all 2020 and 2021 applications are moving fast because they are online and as I see stats too they are getting oath invites ccompared to 2019/2018 paper applicants should i apply online then ?
She became pisssed off and in a rude awakening said you can cannot compare to them as each applicant is different.

I said its 22 months should i apply online and get complete refund for my current app ? she said nothing is needed as for now but u cannot put multiple applications and you only get 100 dollar refund for the certificate if u withdraw.

With a sigh i hanged up the phone.