+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
MP is useless she does not involve herself but her assistant does all the work. Notes from CBSA and CSIS on the way should be here by 3 to 5th July
Well, that's how it usually works everywhere. The "MP's office" will contact IRCC not the MP directly. A "Constituent Assistant" responsible for that particular constituency (riding) will take up your case and then work with you and IRCC (at least that's how it works here in Ontario).

Make very firm statements but in a polite manner. Your case is crazy - Waiting for more than 1.5 years after the test is simply unacceptable. Give them all the details - all your correspondences to IRCC (webform and calls), all GCMS notes and everything that you have related to the status of your application. They might be able to help.

Reactions: luvtrump

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Well, that's how it usually works everywhere. The "MP's office" will contact IRCC not the MP directly. A "Constituent Assistant" responsible for that particular constituency (riding) will take up your case and then work with you and IRCC (at least that's how it works here in Ontario).

Make very firm statements but in a polite manner. Your case is crazy - Waiting for more than 1.5 years after the test is simply unacceptable. Give them all the details - all your correspondences to IRCC (webform and calls), all GCMS notes and everything that you have related to the status of your application. They might be able to help.
you are absolutely right,

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Haven't you done this already? To no avail?

By the way, regarding the gcms notes, is it worthy it now that we have that fancy online tracker? Doesn't it come down to the same?
Have been in touch with her since Jan , she has gone silent too.

Fancy tracker is good for online apps , nothing regarding paper apps

Flandernss

Mar 5, 2019
The fancy tracker seems to work for me (it is not perfect, there are considerably delays in updating the info). Unless I am missing something.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Fancy tracker is good for online apps , nothing regarding paper apps
Oh, so there is status difference being shown for paper vs online.... but paper is entered online hence why difference... well, its cic hence there will be difference, i got it. ;)

Flandernss

Mar 5, 2019
1.5 years of inactivity AFTER test is ridiculous.

But 2 years of inactivity BEFORE test, like most of us, is almost as much...

This probably shows the place we trully occupy in Canada: this is to be added to the PhDs driving taxi and all of it.

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Oh, so there is status difference being shown for paper vs online.... but paper is entered online hence why difference... well, its cic hence there will be difference, i got it. ;)
I noticed a huge difference regarding dates in GCMS and Online fancy app . All the status on fancy app is fake for paper applicants. The best possible way to find out about ur file is ECAS or GCMS . I am going to apply GCMS every month .

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I noticed a huge difference regarding dates in GCMS and Online fancy app . All the status on fancy app is fake for paper applicants. The best possible way to find out about ur file is ECAS or GCMS . I am going to apply GCMS every month .
Well paper applications are digitized at the time of AOR. Before issuing an AOR, an officer uploads all the details AND your documents to the GCMS system. This is the reason why you can't check the status of your application on ECAS or on the dashboard before you receive AOR (paper applications). However, I don't know what the deal is with online applications - If they are delivered to IRCC electronically, why does it take this long to issue an AOR? That is a burning question I have.

In my case, Mississauga office initiated the process of my test invite on June 21st. I did NOT see any update until June 22nd (until after 10 AM) about this update. Around 10:30 AM, I saw that the dashboard was updated with the test window and "Waiting on you" status. I received my test email on June 23rd. The status was updated on time in the new status dashboard (there was still a 1 day delay in status update - I think this is possibly because the changes are not reflected in real time; A batch job runs every day at a certain time that commits the status updates).

I agree that the status of "Prohibitions", "Language" and "Physical Presence" do NOT correspond with the status of the same statuses on the GCMS notes. However, they are 2 different systems and there might be a reason as to why the aforementioned statuses show "In Progress" on the dashboard but show "Not started" on the GCMS notes. I am not sure why this is or what the reason is. It is, however, possible that the two systems are not fully integrated yet.

I plan to order notes later in the process - Once after a couple of months have passed after the test and once more after oath is completed to see how these statuses change and what more information is populated in the GCMS system. I am simply curious to get a better understanding of the processes that goes on in the backend.

116sg17

Jan 26, 2021
Asking for a friend:

Does office make sure your application is complete before scheduling you for a test? Can they just return your application after test is complete and tell you that your application is not complete/language proof is not acceptable (after about more than 1.5 years of wait)?

This has not happened but is it possible?

• Haha
Reactions: luvtrump

Shoukat Halani

Star Member
Sep 6, 2014
Hi Members,

I tried taking test today, but unable to get the link from IRCC. I tried three times alread. Nothing is in spam and also not connected to VPN. I have emailed at IRCC.CitOnlineTest-TestenligneCit.IRCC. No reply received as. Could you please guide? I only able to reach at Step 4 to 9.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi Members,

I tried taking test today, but unable to get the link from IRCC. I tried three times alread. Nothing is in spam and also not connected to VPN. I have emailed at IRCC.CitOnlineTest-TestenligneCit.IRCC. No reply received as. Could you please guide? I only able to reach at Step 4 to 9.
It takes time. As its holiday today, possibly you would get it on Monday/Tuesday. When is the test end date?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Thank you very much harirajmohan test end date is July 8, 2021. I have already tried many times. Their guidelines state link expires in 15 minutes.
I meant that it takes 1-2 days for ircc to respond, not the link expiry. Yes link expires in 15 mins and we have seen people having this issue.
Thats good that you have many days left to attend the test and planned to attempt well ahead(good plan) hence dont worry. it should be resolved on monday.