+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

Isaga

Star Member
May 26, 2019
Congrats. I'm Montreal office so there are no miracles here only delays. Officers are busy eating poutine .
haha, hope you hear the good news soon.
to be fair thought, in my case it was BG that was pending for ages, so not all the blame on my local office.

Reactions: luvtrump

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
haha, hope you hear the good news soon.
to be fair thought, in my case it was BG that was pending for ages, so not all the blame on my local office.
Dont know about me but lots of good news for 2020/2021 applicants. My app is pending another eligibility check and now it's gone for clearances.Im reaching a point of just zero f given. A large office like Montreal should have the capacity to process larger number of applications but again no idea it's part of the black hole.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Dont know about me but lots of good news for 2020/2021 applicants. My app is pending another eligibility check and now it's gone for clearances.Im reaching a point of just zero f given. A large office like Montreal should have the capacity to process larger number of applications but again no idea it's part of the black hole.
Some applicants from Montreal were the first to receive test invites (at least September 2020 applicants). I think for some reason, IRCC is sitting on your file for this long (possibly simply "waiting for clearance")? I think your case is a very strong reason to push your MP to look into this for you. 1.5 years AFTER the test and still nothing is beyond appalling.

I think it is best that you start contacting your MP and explain in utmost detail your grievances and ask them to talk to IRCC and ask WTH is going on.

Reactions: Flandernss

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Some applicants from Montreal were the first to receive test invites (at least September 2020 applicants). I think for some reason, IRCC is sitting on your file for this long (possibly simply "waiting for clearance")? I think your case is a very strong reason to push your MP to look into this for you. 1.5 years AFTER the test and still nothing is beyond appalling.

I think it is best that you start contacting your MP and explain in utmost detail your grievances and ask them to talk to IRCC and ask WTH is going on.
I have contacted my MP's office , they contacted them , cic sent request to supervisor but the supervisor has not replied back ,as usual. Now its gone for another clearance and i do not know what clearance is it ? I will contact my MP's office with the new GCMS notes. Actually its not the MP itself but her secrt. Again she gets the same reply as I do lol

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I have contacted my MP's office , they contacted them , cic sent request to supervisor but the supervisor has not replied back ,as usual. Now its gone for another clearance and i do not know what clearance is it ? I will contact my MP's office with the new GCMS notes. Actually its not the MP itself but her secrt. Again she gets the same reply as I do lol
I cannot imagine the levels of frustrations you must have. Yet, you make people laugh!

I sincerely hope you see some quick progress on your application. Once you receive GCMS notes, push the MPs office as it isn't fair to simply wait while you are not told what it is you are waiting for.

Wish you the best!

gpkaler13

Apr 26, 2021
just out of curiosity, how do you know BG or eligiblilty check take more than 2 months? is there any reason like domestic violence or some sort that causes delay- do not misunderstand me, i am not pointing any one, i am thinking what can be the reason if anyone knows, please guide, like what factors delay the BG checks?

im2kool

Star Member
Dec 29, 2020
just out of curiosity, how do you know BG or eligiblilty check take more than 2 months? is there any reason like domestic violence or some sort that causes delay- do not misunderstand me, i am not pointing any one, i am thinking what can be the reason if anyone knows, please guide, like what factors delay the BG checks?
I think It's random plus it's depends on the country of birth and if someone has visited high risk countries

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
I cannot imagine the levels of frustrations you must have. Yet, you make people laugh!

I sincerely hope you see some quick progress on your application. Once you receive GCMS notes, push the MPs office as it isn't fair to simply wait while you are not told what it is you are waiting for.

Wish you the best!
I cant push more coz there is nothing they can do either. The best i can do is open a hot dog stall infront of the cic office montreal and sell hot dogs on discounts to every officer to process my application quicker but Thanks though . ill update if anything,

• Haha
Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
BG checks are delayed for several reasons. If RCMP requires your finger prints to issue a criminality clearance, then IRCC will send you a Fingerprints request. Once this process is done, RCMP receives these fingerprints and then issues a clearance to IRCC.

A common consensus is that if your name / DOB is similar to that of someone with a criminal record (in the RCMP / Interpol or other police databases), then they might have to scrutinize you more to ensure that you are not the person in those databases. One person even received a direct interview with CSIS (though these cases are extremely rare). We do not know the complete criteria as to why people get selected for deeper BG checks.

gpkaler13

Apr 26, 2021
absolutely correct and if you have certain name and religion too.
[/QUOTE
BG checks are delayed for several reasons. If RCMP requires your finger prints to issue a criminality clearance, then IRCC will send you a Fingerprints request. Once this process is done, RCMP receives these fingerprints and then issues a clearance to IRCC.

A common consensus is that if your name / DOB is similar to that of someone with a criminal record (in the RCMP / Interpol or other police databases), then they might have to scrutinize you more to ensure that you are not the person in those databases. One person even received a direct interview with CSIS (though these cases are extremely rare). We do not know the complete criteria as to why people get selected for deeper BG checks.
hmm, this longer wait is causing anxiety and fear, although i do not have any such background or stuff that should cause delay in checks, but yes, you have solid point, names are very common so that might cause the unnecessary delays of BG checks

Reactions: luvtrump

executive

Star Member
Mar 27, 2013
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov-2010
Doc's Request.
Jan-2014
Nomination.....
CSQ 12-2014
AOR Received.
QSW AOR Nov-2010, PR AOR Apr 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Original Application
Med's Request
June 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14 July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
July 15
LANDED..........
Oct 2015
I cant push more coz there is nothing they can do either. The best i can do is open a hot dog stall infront of the cic office montreal and sell hot dogs on discounts to every officer to process my application quicker but Thanks though . ill update if anything,
Consider changing your display name for this forum as it might help . Worth a shot right... hehe
We are July 2019 applicant and finally took oath in May 2021 almost two years of process where everything on file was completed since March 2020 but still it took them 15 months to send oath invite. In our case there was no FP request or any delay with BG etc but still file was on hold for no reason... I think mostly those people got impacted who did their test before the lockdown and were waiting for oath invite. Once they resumed work they started working on those applications which were test ready instead of the ones which were oath ready. Anyways I am glad that its finally over for us.

Trust me I understand the frustration and anxiety you must be going through. I sincerely hope that you get your oath invite soon.

Though you might already have tried this but did you send an email to the email address you got test invite from? In my case phone call or web forms always got me same standard response however when I sent them email to same email address that I received test invite last year it worked. They replied back same day and told me they would try to schedule for oath within a week and then they actually did. Surprise surprise