+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

116sg17

Jan 26, 2021
Same here. Decision Made in the old system since Jan 2021 but the new system shows In Process. Oath Ceremony marked as Not Started. It has been almost 6 months now since i cleared my written test on December 14, 2020.
Does everything other than the oath ceremony show complete or in process?

Some checks might have actually expired and some of them do take a while.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
I think only criminality check expires , are there any other checks too ?
Seems prohibitions doesnt have due date. Where does this fit in among the eligibility sections?

Reactions: luvtrump

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Seems prohibitions doesnt have due date. Where does this fit in among the eligibility sections?
Prohibitions isn't like the other three. Prohibitions, I think, is one final check to see if you are still eligible and to confirm that you aren't prohibited from obtaining Canadian citizenship just before making a decision on your application ("Decision Made" status on ECAS).

Reactions: harirajmohan

amirreza

Jun 16, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Hello everyone,

I'm really desperate and would really appreciate your help!

Tomorrow morning I'm also going to submit a complaint about this on IRCC Web Form (https://secure.cic.gc.ca/feedback-retroaction/feedback-retroaction-eng.aspx).

I submitted my application about 22 months ago in August 2019.
My application was received on August 2, 2019.
Processing of application started on November 18, 2019 and 7 or 8 December 2019 I submitted finger-prints.

From that point, I did not get ANY updates related to my application. I have called IRCC Call Centre a few times, and every time in the past several months, they said my application is just routine and it just needs to be processed and I need to wait.

On May 11, 2021 I submitted a request under the "Access to Information Act to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada" and on May 31, 2021 I received the detailed information about my application. To my HUGE SURPRISE, I see that from January 2, 2020 (so for about 1.5 years) there’s been NO UPDATE to my application. And NON of the Knowledge, Residence, Language, and Prohibition assessments have NOT STARTED yet!

I CANNOT comprehend WHY there was NO UPDATE from January 2020 to my application, while I know several of my friends who applied for Grant of Citizenship application only in 2020 and they already did their Online Citizenship test too.

Primary Office: Scarborough Citizenship Operations
Secondary Office: GTA-CEN IRCC

My timeline:

Application Received: Aug 2, 2019
In Process: Nov 18, 2019
Fingerprint requested: 4 Dec, 2019
Fingerprint submitted: 8 Dec, 2019
Test Invite: Waiting
Test Passed: Waiting
Decision Made: Waiting
Oath Invite: Waiting

Last edited:

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Hello everyone,

I'm really desperate and would really appreciate your help!

Tomorrow morning I'm also going to submit a complaint about this on IRCC Web Form (https://secure.cic.gc.ca/feedback-retroaction/feedback-retroaction-eng.aspx).

I submitted my application about 22 months ago in August 2019.
My application was received on August 2, 2019.
Processing of application started on November 18, 2019 and 7 or 8 December 2019 I submitted finger-prints.

From that point, I did not get ANY updates related to my application. I have called IRCC Call Centre a few times, and every time in the past several months, they said my application is just routine and it just needs to be processed and I need to wait.

On May 11, 2021 I submitted a request under the "Access to Information Act to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada" and on May 31, 2021 I received the detailed information about my application. To my HUGE SURPRISE, I see that from January 2, 2020 (so for about 1.5 years) there’s been NO UPDATE to my application. And NON of the Knowledge, Residence, Language, and Prohibition assessments have NOT STARTED yet!

I CANNOT comprehend WHY there was NO UPDATE from January 2020 to my application, while I know several of my friends who applied for Grant of Citizenship application only in 2020 and they already did their Online Citizenship test too.

which office ? Contacting them will only get you a BOT reply. Instead go through your MP .

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
And NON of the Knowledge, Residence, Language, and Prohibition assessments have NOT STARTED yet!
These parts are only checked AFTER you passed Knowledge/the test (if you are not exempt), or when an officer opens your file. Otherwise, as with many people here, your file is sitting in backlog hell. :(

Last edited:
Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

amirreza

Jun 16, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FSW
which office ? Contacting them will only get you a BOT reply. Instead go through your MP .
Thank you for your feedback.

In the "GCMS Information Request" I received, it says:

How do I go through MP, if you don't mind?

amirreza

Jun 16, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FSW
These parts are only checked AFTER you passed the test (if you are not exempt), or when an officer opens your file. Otherwise, as with many people here, your file is sitting in backlog hell. :(
Thank you for the feedback.

So basically the next step in my application seem to be getting invitation for Online Test, is that right?

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Thank you for your feedback.

In the "GCMS Information Request" I received, it says:

How do I go through MP, if you don't mind?
The area you live in. For eg Scarborough Centre MP is Hon Salma Zahid.

Reactions: amirreza