Med's Done....
24-03-2017
Passport Req..
25-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2017
LANDED..........
05-06-2017
This is seems to be a ceremony day's process, not seeing this as application processing process.
Yeah I’m just speculating as to why applicants after me have gotten oath invitations..

cestcaquejm

Mar 5, 2020
I honestly think it depends on the officer who is handling your file. Yes, your circumstances does play a huge factor but it all comes back down to the officer. I know of someone who did their test 2 weeks before i did mine and was given an oath ceremony date a few days after their test. My officer, when i had my interview seemed very "chill". He didn't even look at my documents and told me that i would get my invite by late spring/early summer and yet here I am. In my mind, at the interview, i knew i would not have gotten an invite so "quick" based on his "chill" demeanour.
I think someone mentioned they asked the officer if they could get an early oath invite at interview but was told oath scheduling is handled by a different department.

With that said, has anyone contacted IRCC regarding this? People applied in Sep and Nov are getting oath invites but others applied way earlier are still struggling....

Reactions: zam7

Alberta30

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Well it's not luck, it's about how quickly the information can be verified along with security and background checks... Security checks and other checks would take time if a person is from a developing country vs developed country...
This statement sounds somewhat sounds very troubling.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
What's troubling in it?
This statement sounds somewhat sounds very troubling.
Its trouble either if application gets through by luck (based on officer) or got stuck because officer was lazy. THe process should drive the timelines of application processing(except for difficult cases for few which is based on the applicant's profile).

Its definitely inconsistent with example step of the process: Fingerprint request. So on what basis the officer chooses to request fingerprints(based on country, gender, xyz) and i see that all/most of cases of fingerprint candidates get through. So how come they dont ask for others and ask for some and delay more. Still they need to streamline the verification processes. If fingerprinting is important then they should include for all or dont ask for anyone. They should not be deciding to avoid fingerprinting based on what is mentioned in application as they are supposed to check my background irrelevant of what i mentioned in application.

Same case with one office updating the file to DM, the very next day or same day of test and while other officers take days/weeks/months.
Same case for some get invited for test without fingerprinting and some get asked for fingerprinting after the test.

Last edited:

justrajdeep

Star Member
Dec 28, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/03/2015
AOR Received.
14/09/2015
finished my virtual oath today ... it took about 45mins ...
There were 11 of us who took oath today. One family of 3 and the rest were all single applicants.
There were 3 clerk-officers and one judge. I had to cut up my PR card after the oath. Had to fill out a form with instructions over the phone and scan and send it back.
The officer handling the case told me that they will send the citizenship doc as soon as they receive the scanned and filled form. They also told me to put the contact number saying they might call in case they need anything.

For emergency travel they told me to contact the Passport Office for other travels they asked me to wait for Passport Office to become normal before applying for passport.

ECAS still shows DM. Hope other August applicants have their oath soon.

Alberta30

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Its trouble either if application gets through by luck (based on officer) or got stuck because officer was lazy. THe process should drive the timelines of application processing(except for difficult cases for few which is based on the applicant's profile).

Its definitely inconsistent with example step of the process: Fingerprint request. So on what basis the officer chooses to request fingerprints(based on country, gender, xyz) and i see that all/most of cases of fingerprint candidates get through. So how come they dont ask for others and ask for some and delay more. Still they need to streamline the verification processes. If fingerprinting is important then they should include for all or dont ask for anyone. They should not be deciding to avoid fingerprinting based on what is mentioned in application as they are supposed to check my background irrelevant of what i mentioned in application.

Same case with one office updating the file to DM, the very next day or same day of test and while other officers take days/weeks/months.
Same case for some get invited for test without fingerprinting and some get asked for fingerprinting after the test.
I am a March 18, 2019 applicant that has DM and is still waiting so I understand the never ending wait, however you are using the term developing countries two loosely and that statement is what I find troubling, I am a nurse that works only on a Covid19 positive unit, so I am very frustrated with entire immigration processes and the first come last served service, but still we have to be very careful in our utterances, because that entire statement can imply a myriad of negatives.

• Sad
Reactions: HMJC and EUK

cestcaquejm

Mar 5, 2020
I am a March 18, 2019 applicant that has DM and is still waiting so I understand the never ending wait, however you are using the term developing countries two loosely and that statement is what I find troubling, I am a nurse that works only on a Covid19 positive unit, so I am very frustrated with entire immigration processes and the first come last served service, but still we have to be very careful in our utterances, because that entire statement can imply a myriad of negatives.
Feel so bad for you... even Sep and Nov applicants are getting oath invites. Have you tried contacting IRCC about your case? I called them several times and was told people got invites earlier than me were just "Lucky" (yes, believe it or not that's the word they used) and we have to wait.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
I did not use the term developing countries as i dont see any difference in citizenship application after entering the country with preclearance and cic officers should not be giving any leniency to any specific region/passport. Its same frustration for many of us not able to understand why some gets it fast and most/many dont - the worse part is that it happens the same delay for many in multiple stages(test, dm and oath).

Mike263

Jun 2, 2020
I did not use the term developing countries as i dont see any difference in citizenship application after entering the country with preclearance and cic officers should not be giving any leniency to any specific region/passport. Its same frustration for many of us not able to understand why some gets it fast and most/many dont - the worse part is that it happens the same delay for many in multiple stages(test, dm and oath).
I have one more observation.

Some super-fast candidates (Sep, Nov 2019 applicants etc) went thru the processes quite smoothly and seem to have already gotten decision made or granted status in the ("whatever") system, and were about to receive some update or notice of DM and/or oath; but suddenly the operations halted due to covid. That's why those super-fast clients, highlighted as bright-green by the system, are now being prioritized than others; although other ceremony-ready clients who'd submitted their applications prior to them and even have 'decision made/granted' status or previous oaths cancelled; however, when it comes to inviting for a virtual citizenship ceremony; the difference or degree of priority lies in the fact that whoever firstly managed to pass through the system as ALL CLEAR, neat and clean in one-go and got his or her granted status in the ("whatever") system.

In addition, those hundreds and thousands of candidates who finally got 'decision made / granted' status or were about to receive or already had received official notices to take Oath of Citizenship at in-person ceremonies in mid or late March, their citizenship certificates were already printed, dated and ready to be served at a ceremony. Unfortunately COVID-19 came in, and everything got cancelled until further notice. So those unused citizenship certificates, already printed and dated (now backdated) automatically became invalid and would have to be "destroyed / shredded immediately" and new citizenship certificates would need to be issued as per the new customized schedules (varies from client to client) having a specific date on it i.e., citizen with effect from xxxx/xx/xx.

**More relevant info:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/ceremony/oath.html

Mike263

Jun 2, 2020
I'm guessing on possible parameters what specifically determine an application speed to be processed at:

-Immigration history, prohibitions, rcmp and security clearances, for sure
-Your First, Middle, Last Name [some names flag up and may trigger the system(s) to dig deep down]
-Number of addresses you have been living at
-Type of addresses you have been living at
-Number of international travels (specifically after becoming PR)
-Physical presence (or absences)
-CRA history, taxes paid etc
-Past / present professional history
-Job / occupation nature
-Single / family
- ......... etc

issteven

Jan 2, 2014
I'm guessing on possible parameters what specifically determine an application speed to be processed at:

-Immigration history, prohibitions, rcmp and security clearances, for sure
-Your First, Middle, Last Name [some names flag up and may trigger the system(s) to dig deep down]
-Number of addresses you have been living at
-Type of addresses you have been living at
-Number of international travels (specifically after becoming PR)
-Physical presence (or absences)
-CRA history, taxes paid etc
-Past / present professional history
-Job / occupation nature
-Single / family
- ......... etc
some of these params are not required for citizenship application:

those matters: (time spent in Canada, filed taxes for three years, no criminal history), if these are met, one shall be granted citizenship.

If other params are considered to slow down the process, IRCC should make it clear in the application guide in the first place. if they didn't mention those, but did that , that is a lie by IRCC.