+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
Yes, you're right. ......."God knows what IRCC is doing?"

There is something extremely blurred and intentionally kept hidden, and we don't know yet what criterion makes a client to be invited for oath.
I beg to differ...Only IRCC knows what it's doing;)

• Haha
Reactions: zam7

da4u518

Star Member
Jan 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 9, 2015
Nomination.....
Nov 25, 2015
AOR Received.
Mar 4, 2016
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
In canada
Hello guys
I have applied on August 7 2019 and got AOr on Nov 12th. But nothing since then. I see lots of people are getting oath invite. I didn't even get test invite. I am guessing my processing office is Hamilton, ontario as I am from burlington. So is it just me who is waiting for test invite or Hamilton office is slow?? Is anyone from hamilton office still Waiting for test invite?

Mike263

Jun 2, 2020
Hello guys
I have applied on August 7 2019 and got AOr on Nov 12th. But nothing since then. I see lots of people are getting oath invite. I didn't even get test invite. I am guessing my processing office is Hamilton, ontario as I am from burlington. So is it just me who is waiting for test invite or Hamilton office is slow?? Is anyone from hamilton office still Waiting for test invite?
You need to take a long rest....."rest is best for the test".

zam7

Jun 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-02-2017
AOR Received.
08-02-2017
File Transfer...
06-04-2017
Med's Done....
24-03-2017
Passport Req..
25-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2017
LANDED..........
05-06-2017
Hello guys
Nov 2019 applicant just got an oath invite today for Aug 7th in Scarborough. I’m really baffled and don’t know what IRCC are up to!! :eek:

cestcaquejm

Mar 5, 2020
Nov 2019 applicant just got an oath invite today for Aug 7th in Scarborough. I’m really baffled and don’t know what IRCC are up to!! :eek:
I think this is a serious issue. Thousands of people applied way before Nov are still waiting for oath!!

Mike263

Jun 2, 2020
I think this is a serious issue. Thousands of people applied way before Nov are still waiting for oath!!
How come Sep or November 2019 regular clients got an oath invite while clients who'd applied prior to Nov and already had DM status and/or had previous oath cancelled are still waiting??

I'm quite curious about the selection of oath awaiting clients being invited in an ostensible manner. Although this specific selection is not random at all; however, I reasonably believe, it is also sort of an integrated computer system (apart from manual SOPs) that automatically pulls up specific ceremony-ready clients and sets up scheduling based on specific XYX criteria/variables fed in that system database by the respective offices/officers. To get invited for an virtual oath invitation definitely comprises a series of steps or stages after successfully passing through a series of validations, checks and clearances. That said, from the pool of ceremony-ready clients, the ("whatever") system seemingly further narrows down and segregates or filters out certain number of candidates (not chronologically but on the basis of meeting some degree of priority/triage-high, medium, low) and brings them up to the level to be scheduled; and where those precisely segregated and refined ceremony-ready clients finally receive an official intimation of eCAS update or email or phone call of a virtual oath ceremony.

It does rule out the ircc's so-called logic that the clients are being invited in a chronological order. It doesn't make any sense at all.

Last edited:

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
How come Sep or November 2019 regular clients got an oath invite while clients who'd applied prior to Nov and already had DM status and/or had previous oath cancelled are still waiting??

It does rule out the ircc's so-called logic that the clients are being invited in a chronological order. It doesn't make any sense at all.
Seems his/her test selection in Feb was fast as well as DM was fast. So these 2 steps are/were the problem for many and were fast for few/some. So surely these 2 steps are making difference of few to many months in processing time compared with others. So it was just luck that few candidates get the processing done faster. Its totally depending on the officer at each stage(and of course the profile). Looking at this time line, it seems like as if the cic never requested any clearance and just passed the file directly in one week - i wonder why clearances(if it actually happens) takes lot of time(months/year) and even being asked for fingerprinting. So some unclear processing steps at clearances in cic processing.

AOR: 22 Feb, 2020
Test: 9 Mar, 2020
DM: 10 Mar, 2020

Last edited:

EUK

Feb 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Seems his/her test selection in Feb was fast as well as DM was fast. So these 2 steps are/were the problem for many and were fast for few/some. So surely these 2 steps are making difference of few to many months in processing time compared with others. So it was just luck that few candidates get the processing done faster. Its totally depending on the officer at each stage(and of course the profile). Looking at this time line, it seems like as if the cic never requested any clearance and just passed the file directly in one week - i wonder why clearances(if it actually happens) takes lot of time(months/year) and even being asked for fingerprinting. So some unclear processing steps at clearances in cic processing.

Well it's not luck, it's about how quickly the information can be verified along with security and background checks... Security checks and other checks would take time if a person is from a developing country vs developed country...

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Well it's not luck, it's about how quickly the information can be verified along with security and background checks... Security checks and other checks would take time if a person is from a developing country vs developed country...
No way possible to verify in one week like happened for that candidate even if he/she is from certain country. There is some serious process issues. We all entered after clearances and most of us dont stay for 6 months outside the country hence clearances should be fast within local/US but what we see is opposite. Most of these precleared cases too take up to 1 year and take months minimum for most candidate for getting test invites after AOR. If cic processes it correctly then these most candidates should have received test invites within a month of AOR which is not the case.

Reactions: Svet81

zam7

Jun 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-02-2017
AOR Received.
08-02-2017
File Transfer...
06-04-2017
Med's Done....
24-03-2017
Passport Req..
25-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2017
LANDED..........
05-06-2017
No way possible to verify in one week like happened for that candidate even if he/she is from certain country. There is some serious process issues. We all entered after clearances and most of us dont stay for 6 months outside the country hence clearances should be fast within local/US but what we see is opposite. Most of these precleared cases too take up to 1 year and take months minimum for most candidate for getting test invites after AOR. If cic processes it correctly then these most candidates should have received test invites within a month of AOR which is not the case.
Precisely. His application screams "Urgent" all over so we don't know whats going on. Zero transparency or consistency!

cestcaquejm

Mar 5, 2020

It is LUCK. To my understanding after DM everyone should be at the same stage, which means a decision has been made to the application. People who are qualified for citizenship should be marked as Ready for Ceremony. Now you just need to wait for your turn. But how they are prioritizing people applied and got DM after?? That person specifically mentioned he/ she did NOT request for urgent processing. Good LUCK on the looong wait people!!

zam7

Jun 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-02-2017
AOR Received.
08-02-2017
File Transfer...
06-04-2017
Med's Done....
24-03-2017
Passport Req..
25-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2017
LANDED..........
05-06-2017
It is LUCK. To my understanding after DM everyone should be at the same stage, which means a decision has been made to the application. People who are qualified for citizenship should be marked as Ready for Ceremony. Now you just need to wait for your turn. But how they are prioritizing people applied and got DM after?? That person specifically mentioned he/ she did NOT request for urgent processing. Good LUCK on the looong wait people!!
The only thing I can think of is they are inviting applicants based on alphabetical order or of different countries of origin (like they have a cap for some countries within the span of time?). Again, I'm just speculating.. haha! :p

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/ceremony/schedule/notifications-regarding.html

"Preparing the list of candidates and the number of countries of origin
Citizenship staff should print the “Nominal Roll – Ceremony” form [CIT 0037], which is a list of the candidates for citizenship to whom a notice to appear has been sent, and make copies as required. The list should be sorted alphabetically by last name.
The nominal roll is used to check off the candidates’ names to confirm that
  • they have arrived and submitted the “Permission Release and Consent”, on the last page of the “Notice to Appear – To Take the Oath of Citizenship” form [CIT 0024 CIF2] (see Allowing guests to take photographs);
  • their Record of Landing documents have been updated and their PR cards have been collected.
The clerk of the ceremony will need to track the number of candidates’ countries of origin and provide the total number to the citizenship judge or volunteer presiding official. This information is available in the Global Case Management System (GCMS)."

tmondapr

Star Member
Jan 30, 2017
I honestly think it depends on the officer who is handling your file. Yes, your circumstances do play a huge factor but it all comes back down to the officer. I know of someone who did their test 2 weeks before i did mine and was given an oath ceremony date a few days after their test. My officer, when i had my interview seemed very "chill". He didn't even look at my documents and told me that i would get my invite by late spring/early summer and yet here I am. In my mind, at the interview, i knew i would not have gotten an invite so "quick" based on his "chill" demeanour.

Last edited:
Reactions: zam7

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
The only thing I can think of is they are inviting applicants based on alphabetical order or of different countries of origin (like they have a cap for some countries within the span of time?). Again, I'm just speculating.. haha! :p

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/ceremony/schedule/notifications-regarding.html

"Preparing the list of candidates and the number of countries of origin
Citizenship staff should print the “Nominal Roll – Ceremony” form [CIT 0037], which is a list of the candidates for citizenship to whom a notice to appear has been sent, and make copies as required. The list should be sorted alphabetically by last name.
The nominal roll is used to check off the candidates’ names to confirm that
  • they have arrived and submitted the “Permission Release and Consent”, on the last page of the “Notice to Appear – To Take the Oath of Citizenship” form [CIT 0024 CIF2] (see Allowing guests to take photographs);
  • their Record of Landing documents have been updated and their PR cards have been collected.
The clerk of the ceremony will need to track the number of candidates’ countries of origin and provide the total number to the citizenship judge or volunteer presiding official. This information is available in the Global Case Management System (GCMS)."
This is seems to be a ceremony day's process, not seeing this as application processing process.