+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

Sanathkumar C

Jun 14, 2020
Hi Folks, quick question.
1. The photocopies of all biographical pages of my passport and the other documents such as personal ID proofs are Black & White printouts. Are we required to submit colour printouts instead or are B&W photocopies sufficient.
2. For my English Proficiency i am attaching a photocopy of my IELTS report which i had earlier used when i applied for my PR (immigration). CIC have requested only for one proof. Should i also take photocopies of my secondary & college degrees and attach them as proofs for Language proficiency or would the IELTS scorecard suffice ?

NorthYorkGuy1

Sep 20, 2014
1. The photocopies of all biographical pages of my passport and the other documents such as personal ID proofs are Black & White printouts. Are we required to submit colour printouts instead or are B&W photocopies sufficient.
2. For my English Proficiency i am attaching a photocopy of my IELTS report which i had earlier used when i applied for my PR (immigration). CIC have requested only for one proof. Should i also take photocopies of my secondary & college degrees and attach them as proofs for Language proficiency or would the IELTS scorecard suffice ?
1. Color NOT required.
2. Photocopy of IELTS is enough.

Mike263

Jun 2, 2020
-Black & White photocopies are old fashioned. I'll suggest to use colored photocopies because they reflect the true "as is" image of document. It'll just cost a little bit more.

-A photocopy of IELTS score card is enough. Plus you can also include a copy of highest degree & transcript (detailed marks sheet with all subjects/courses listed).

sk000

Jan 3, 2015
-Black & White photocopies are old fashioned. I'll suggest to use colored photocopies because they reflect the true "as is" image of document. It'll just cost a little bit more.

-A photocopy of IELTS score card is enough. Plus you can also include a copy of highest degree & transcript (detailed marks sheet with all subjects/courses listed).
What if i did not submit my IELTS score during PR application process but sat down for IELTS general anyway, can i submit that score? or it has to be submitted before immigration purpose??

Mike263

Jun 2, 2020
What if i did not submit my IELTS score during PR application process but sat down for IELTS general anyway, can i submit that score? or it has to be submitted before immigration purpose??
@sk000 I'll suggest to include that IELTS score card with ur citizenship application. During citizenship interview (after test), officer shall ask and have a look at your original IELTS card. It does not matter whether you submitted it earlier during PR. Whatever language proof you had submitted during PR process, it should also be included within ur citizenship application.

Hope it helps.

sk000

Jan 3, 2015
@sk000 I'll suggest to include that IELTS score card with ur citizenship application. During citizenship interview (after test), officer shall ask and have a look at your original IELTS card. It does not matter whether you submitted it earlier during PR. Whatever language proof you had submitted during PR process, it should also be included within ur citizenship application.

Hope it helps.
Thanks for you explanation. I have the original copy with me. just wanted another opinion.

carielilviztie

Dec 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 29, 2015 (Federal)
Nomination.....
CSQ December 15, 2014
Med's Request
July 13, 2015 and RPRF
Med's Done....
July 21, 2015 and Paid RPRF July 22, 2015
Interview........
Waived...
Passport Req..
February 01, 2016 (DECISION MADE on e-cas Feb 02, 2016)
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 01, 2016
LANDED..........
June 24, 2016

Hope it helps.
It varies a lot from officer to other officers, when i sat for my interview it only took me less than 5 minutes, she only ask me if i still live on same address and checked my passport then told to wait for oath invitation in 2-4 weeks, never ask for my ielts etc. Had my citizenship exam last November 2019. Till now no invitation for oath ceremony.

Reactions: sk000

grajdev382

Star Member
Apr 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-08-2015
Med's Done....
25-07-2015
Any invites for virtual oath ceremonies to anyone?

baba1234

Aug 4, 2011
I have done my test/interview in Feb 2020 and waiting for Oath, now I am moving from Edmonton to Ontario what will be the effect on my Oath.

zam7

Jun 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-02-2017
AOR Received.
08-02-2017
File Transfer...
06-04-2017
Med's Done....
24-03-2017
Passport Req..
25-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2017
LANDED..........
05-06-2017

Salinas_CA

Jun 18, 2020
IRCC should resume in-person oath ceremonies with safety measures in place just like US has recently started.

Online doesn’t feel the same and best way to become a citizen. However, it should still be made available for people who choose not to attend an in-person ceremony.

https://www.thestar.com/amp/news/gta/2020/06/17/it-feels-something-was-missing-pandemic-forces-new-canadians-citizenship-ceremonies-onto-zoom.html
Really? Now we gonna complain about something like this? Should be grateful to have a chance to become a citizen, instead of complain

Reactions: fr72 and elwaver

EUK

Feb 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Really? Now we gonna complain about something like this? Should be grateful to have a chance to become a citizen, instead of complain
Haha!! well you can't keep everyone happy... Even the funerals are different these days!!!

zam7

Jun 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-02-2017
AOR Received.
08-02-2017
File Transfer...
06-04-2017
Med's Done....
24-03-2017
Passport Req..
25-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2017
LANDED..........
05-06-2017
Nobody is complaining ! With distance maintained in-person oath ceremonies should resume. The US has started it on June 11th. Virtual ceremonies will not be apt for a large number of applicants.

You have no right to judge someone’s feelings and wants. If you feel getting citizenship whichever way is enough then suit yourself. Nobody asked for your opinion.

EUK

Feb 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nobody is complaining ! With distance maintained in-person oath ceremonies should resume. The US has started it on June 11th. Virtual ceremonies will not be apt for a large number of applicants.

You have no right to judge someone’s feelings and wants. If you feel getting citizenship whichever way is enough then suit yourself. Nobody asked for your opinion.
Absolutely! We have to be realistic with so much going around... Everyone has been impacted one way or another.

Reactions: zam7

Salinas_CA

Jun 18, 2020

For sure, keep crying because you're not able to hold a flag and smile with group of other people lol.
Some people would give everything to be in a position to become a citizen anyhow, and then people complain about something stupid like this.