Med's Done....
24-03-2017
Passport Req..
25-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2017
LANDED..........
05-06-2017
For sure, keep crying because you're not able to hold a flag and smile with group of other people lol.
Some people would give everything to be in a position to become a citizen anyhow, and then people complain about something stupid like this.
Haha. You’re the one who sounds frustrated and disappointed that other members are bringing ideas to the table. It shows lack of interpersonal skills and naïveté on your part.
It’s like saying to a student who recently completed their university degree “oh you went through 4 years of hard work and have paid so much in fees, don’t be stupid to look for an in-person graduation ceremony, just take whatever you get at this point, so many people in your position would be happy to just get the certificate”.

Then why even have the virtual ceremony! Just mail the certificates out for people who have passed the test. Easy! Like Aus and NZ are doing.

Yes. We all would want the citizenship. If the US can do it with proper measures in place, I’m sure Canada can too. We all want the citizenship but if it can be done in person without putting anyone in danger then why not? Your comments also show you’re a new member on this platform and much to learn. Good luck! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: NorthYorkGuy1

zam7

Jun 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-02-2017
AOR Received.
08-02-2017
File Transfer...
06-04-2017
Med's Done....
24-03-2017
Passport Req..
25-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2017
LANDED..........
05-06-2017
Absolutely! We have to be realistic with so much going around... Everyone has been impacted one way or another.
I am being realistic! If the US can do it, I’m sure Canada can. So people there are unrealistic? It was a suggestion for once it’s safe and people here just pass comments and judgements as if they are all-knowing. I’m not saying I’m right in my suggestion but it was a suggestion!!

Last edited:

EUK

Feb 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am being realistic! If the US can do it, I’m sure Canada can. So people there are unrealistic? It was a suggestion for once it’s safe and people here just pass comments and judgements as if they are all-knowing. I’m not saying I’m right in my suggestion but it was a suggestion!!
Haha. You’re the one who sounds frustrated and disappointed that other members are bringing ideas to the table. It shows lack of interpersonal skills and naïveté on your part.
It’s like saying to a student who recently completed their university degree “oh you went through 4 years of hard work and have paid so much in fees, don’t be stupid to look for an in-person graduation ceremony, just take whatever you get at this point, so many people in your position would be happy to just get the certificate”.

Then why even have the virtual ceremony! Just mail the certificates out for people who have passed the test. Easy! Like Aus and NZ are doing.

Yes. We all would want the citizenship. If the US can do it with proper measures in place, I’m sure Canada can too. We all want the citizenship but if it can be done in person without putting anyone in danger then why not? Your comments also show you’re a new member on this platform and much to learn. Good luck! :)
I am sure this is the best time to think outside the box and to do more with less...

Reactions: Salinas_CA

Mike263

Jun 2, 2020
IRCC should resume in-person oath ceremonies with safety measures in place just like US has recently started.

Online doesn’t feel the same and best way to become a citizen. However, it should still be made available for people who choose not to attend an in-person ceremony.

https://www.thestar.com/amp/news/gta/2020/06/17/it-feels-something-was-missing-pandemic-forces-new-canadians-citizenship-ceremonies-onto-zoom.html
@zam7 Canada has only 10 citizenship judges, probably one judge assigned to a specific province and/or territory. Judges are high profile VIP persons and, amid COVID-19 situation, it may be unsafe for them to fly to major cities for in-person oath ceremonies; even with safety measures, masks etc.

**At this time, Canadian Feds don't have any vested electoral interests; but US does have (citizenship matters)**

Reactions: Flandernss and zam7

zam7

Jun 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-02-2017
AOR Received.
08-02-2017
File Transfer...
06-04-2017
Med's Done....
24-03-2017
Passport Req..
25-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2017
LANDED..........
05-06-2017
@zam7 Canada has only 10 citizenship judges, probably one judge assigned to a specific province and/or territory. Judges are high profile VIP persons and, amid COVID-19 situation, it may be unsafe for them to fly to major cities for in-person oath ceremonies; even with safety measures, masks etc.

**At this time, Canadian Feds don't have any vested electoral interests; but US does have (citizenship matters)**
Thanks, Mike! Although, I would love for us all to get virtual invites but I don’t see this as a long term sustainable. They might have to come up with something better otherwise we will have backlog.
My aunt and uncle got their US oath in Houston, TX on June 11th and it was a very quick contactless oath. Literally seated well apart, 35 applicants brought their green cards, took their certificates and left. No citizenship judge was present. Done in 20 minutes. Keep the judge on the giant screen live streaming from their homes if needed!

Flandernss

Mar 5, 2019
I am not sure they are that much concerned about backlogs... I remember not too long ago (around 2012), citzenship processing times were in the ballpark of 3 years. My guess, their attitude is, shrug and think "too bad, it happens sometimes".

EUK

Feb 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am not sure they are that much concerned about backlogs... I remember not too long ago (around 2012), citzenship processing times were in the ballpark of 3 years. My guess, their attitude is, shrug and think "too bad, it happens sometimes".
I dont think that time they did had a great information sharing process with CBSA and CRA and it was the same time where they unearthed irregularities in the physical presence of many applicants.

mena9596

Jun 10, 2016
Back in mid February, I was invited for a citizenship test in early March. However, I was in the US for my work. So I contacted IRCC immediately for rescheduling. I reached out a couple times to follow up via email and the web form but I NEVER heard back. I also didn't get any notification from IRCC including COVID. Anyone have a similar situation? I understand that due to COVID, everything is cancelled. But not getting any responses for 4 months is ridiculous.

Last edited:

Hussam68

Star Member
Jan 29, 2017
Guy, let’s hope all applications processes will continue, all of us wanna be Canadian Citizens. I don’t care about virtual or in person interviews or oath ceremony as long as the process will continue. Some of you were about to take the oath, but remember that more people were supposed to have their tests and interviews. Do you think it’s fun after all these wasted period, we get questioners and request to submit new documents.

Mike263

Jun 2, 2020
Guy, let’s hope all applications processes will continue, all of us wanna be Canadian Citizens. I don’t care about virtual or in person interviews or oath ceremony as long as the process will continue. Some of you were about to take the oath, but remember that more people were supposed to have their tests and interviews. Do you think it’s fun after all these wasted period, we get questioners and request to submit new documents.
@Hussam68 Did you get any questioners and/or request to submit new documents after you'd got invite for oath (or decision made)??

nepali1989

Aug 13, 2019
Hi,
My application status is IP since November 2019. My PR card is set to expire on Sept 2020. My assumption was that i would receive my citizenship by then, but it is looking more and more unlikely now. Should i renew my PR card given the situation? What happens if i don't get a renewed PR card, and my citizenship is still in process by the time my current PR card expires (looks like renewal of PR card is taking almost 270 days now)?

zam7

Jun 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-02-2017
AOR Received.
08-02-2017
File Transfer...
06-04-2017
Med's Done....
24-03-2017
Passport Req..
25-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2017
LANDED..........
05-06-2017
Hi,
My application status is IP since November 2019. My PR card is set to expire on Sept 2020. My assumption was that i would receive my citizenship by then, but it is looking more and more unlikely now. Should i renew my PR card given the situation? What happens if i don't get a renewed PR card, and my citizenship is still in process by the time my current PR card expires (looks like renewal of PR card is taking almost 270 days now)?
If you don’t have any travel plans then you don’t necessarily need to renew your PR Card. However, for potential emergency reasons it’s always advised to have a valid PR card and passport available so I would definitely renew your PR Card. Plus with no exact timeline on tests, it’s extremely difficult to predict when one will receive their oath invite. Your status does not expire but obviously you will not be able to return to Canada without a valid PR card or PR Travel document (PRTD).
In that case submit your app for a new PR card right away. I’m sure if your citizenship comes before your new PR card they will automatically cancel your PR card application and refund your money.