Med's Done....
06-11-2015
Passport Req..
09-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
01-03-2016
LANDED..........
22-03-2016
I called today to CIC. We had our interview on Jan 28th with test. They said that all virtual ceremonies are only happening for special cases. IE: People that may lose their job if they don't have Canadian citizenship etc. Regular cases will need to wait for reopen.

Flandernss

Mar 5, 2019
"Regular cases will need to wait for reopen."

"Reopen" like after the second wave of Corona this winter? Then we are talking summer 2021 at best.

Flandernss

Mar 5, 2019
Frankly, even the Parliament and the UN, and everybody else, is conducting business online with meetings, etc. Why do we have to wait "reopening"?? This is crazy.

Sanathkumar C

Jun 14, 2020
Hi, I am PR who just qualified to apply for Canadian Citizenship. I am in the process of gathering all necessary documents and wanted to know if the immigration department was accepting fresh citizenship application packages and issuing fresh AORs (acknowledgement of Receipt) in the past 3 months since the COVID pandemic (post March 2020). Should i prepare the application package ASAP and mail it or can i hold on to this preparation for the tie being and leisurely mail the package to IRCC after mid july 2020 by which we would have a more clearer grasp of the processing times. Any response would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Mike263

Jun 2, 2020
Hi, I am PR who just qualified to apply for Canadian Citizenship. I am in the process of gathering all necessary documents and wanted to know if the immigration department was accepting fresh citizenship application packages and issuing fresh AORs (acknowledgement of Receipt) in the past 3 months since the COVID pandemic (post March 2020). Should i prepare the application package ASAP and mail it or can i hold on to this preparation for the tie being and leisurely mail the package to IRCC after mid july 2020 by which we would have a more clearer grasp of the processing times. Any response would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
@Sanathkumar C
IRCC is still accepting new citizenship applications. If you meet the requirement of citizenship, I would suggest to send your complete application ASAP thru a registered trackable courier. The processing time starts when your application arrives in their mailroom.

The Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR) you'll receive by email/letter in near future (probably in 2-3 months) depending on the "completeness" of your application package.

Hope it helps.

Ref.:-
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1474
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/citizenship.html

Last edited:
Reactions: Sanathkumar C

Sanathkumar C

Jun 14, 2020
@Sanathkumar C
IRCC is still accepting new citizenship applications. If you meet the requirement of citizenship, I would suggest to send your complete application ASAP thru a registered trackable courier. The processing time starts when your application arrives in their mailroom.

The Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR) you'll receive by email/letter in near future (probably in 2-3 months) depending on the "completeness" of your application package.

Hope it helps.

Ref.:-
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1474
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/citizenship.html

Thanks a ton Mike, your response & the links you shared were most helpful. There is one other question from my end. I need to submit photocopies of 2 pieces of personal identification. I plan on submitting the biographical pages of my passport as one, and the health card as another. The issue is that the OHIP health card has just expired this week as per the expiry date on the card. The government of Ontario has extended the validity of all expired health insurance cards. That being the case can i still submit the health card as a valid personal ID proof ?

NOTE: i don't have a drivers license because i don't drive.

K310

Star Member
Apr 25, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2017
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
Thanks a ton Mike, your response & the links you shared were most helpful. There is one other question from my end. I need to submit photocopies of 2 pieces of personal identification. I plan on submitting the biographical pages of my passport as one, and the health card as another. The issue is that the OHIP health card has just expired this week as per the expiry date on the card. The government of Ontario has extended the validity of all expired health insurance cards. That being the case can i still submit the health card as a valid personal ID proof ?

Try to go on Ontario website which states that your health card is considered as valid if also it’s expired due to covid 19 take print out of that and attach with the expired health card. Also put a covering letter for same. Hope this helps

melito

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2017
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-12-2016
AOR Received.
27-02-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
08-04-2017
Passport Req..
09-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2018
LANDED..........
17-05-2018
@Sanathkumar C
Nobody has reported receiving an AOR since after March 15th. The last people to have received AOR were January applicants, and even then, some of them still haven't received it. It is unlikely you will receive anything within 2-3 months.
Here is the tracker: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1U27V95kWlCVYWB0zye7DvqoXSkyqxgbA31eEJ_TKO6Y/edit?usp=sharing

Mike263

Jun 2, 2020

@Sanathkumar C

Biographical pages of passport are mandatory to submit.

For 2 pieces of personal identification, I would suggest to add photocopies of IDs issued by government: (1) Ontario Health Card (2) Ontario Photo Card

https://www.ontario.ca/page/ontario-photo-card
An Ontario Photo Card is a wallet sized card that provides government-issued identification to those Ontarians who do not have a driver’s licence.

Hope it helps.

Sanathkumar C

Jun 14, 2020
@Sanathkumar C

Biographical pages of passport are mandatory to submit.

For 2 pieces of personal identification, I would suggest to add photocopies of IDs issued by government: (1) Ontario Health Card (2) Ontario Photo Card

https://www.ontario.ca/page/ontario-photo-card
An Ontario Photo Card is a wallet sized card that provides government-issued identification to those Ontarians who do not have a driver’s licence.

Hope it helps.
Thanks Mike. I will attach photocopies of the health card and the photo card.