+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014
Has been any updates on August 2019 applicant. I am still waiting from April 2021 for ceremony date. I contacted CIC, MP and no changes in my case. They had been telling me to wait and you receive an invitation with no updates except providing them my fingerprint in May 2022.
I think now would be a good time to confirm if they received the latest fingerprints, the agent is supposed to receive and update the file , unless the support agent cannot see if it has been updated, that means the agent hasnt updated the system, also keep sending them new webform every single day, ask your MP to call them on your behalf, this is beyond ridiculous

eliekh2

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
Just to calm maybe a bit, the frustration we all have: I know someone who got a decision made in March 2021 and then got invited to the ceremony in April 2022. She didn't write them or do anything she just waited. her office is Montreal, and she was a July 2019 applicant.
What I mean to say is that we are a bunch of people in this situation it doesn't mean that we have problems in our applications, they're just too slow. on the other hand I understand that comparing to new applicants it's unfair how behind we are but I got this reassurance that it has nothing to do with us personally, it's just that we applied at the worst timing ever. So hang out there, the wait will end one day. I'm waiting also, I have a DM but ceremony section not yet started. Does anyone know if ceremonies are still all virtual?

Reactions: walid_Mississauga

Shoukat Halani

Star Member
Sep 6, 2014
I am an August 2019 Applicant. Today, I received a Ghost update, nothing changed. The last Ghost Update was on October 22, 2021. I completed my test in July 2021.

Ash79

Feb 24, 2022
The worst part about the process of 2019 applicant is the uncertainty section. No one is giving any information on when process will end. In the past, the process used to be first come first served with exception to some people and those people has issues with their application. But for 2019 applicant, there are no information on how long the process will take and when it will end. Now that many of us had passed the three years milestone. It is almost three time the normal processing time. Will will we have to have to wait another 1 year or two years? Should we apply to renew our PR cards? No one is giving us information so we can plan accordingly. We are not able to travel outside of canada as many of us don’t have means to come back as our PR card expired. I am not sure, is too much to ask how long will the process take?? Is it 3 year or 4 or 5 year process????

Reactions: Shoukat Halani

Ash79

Feb 24, 2022
I think now would be a good time to confirm if they received the latest fingerprints, the agent is supposed to receive and update the file , unless the support agent cannot see if it has been updated, that means the agent hasnt updated the system, also keep sending them new webform every single day, ask your MP to call them on your behalf, this is beyond ridiculous
I had provided an updated fingerprint print to the IRCc. The latest information I received that you have to wait 3 more months before requesting further update. They provided no information on when will my application will be processed. They have no further information beyond that. None of the online tools CIC can estimate the processing time for COVID applicant.

Reactions: Dreamlad

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014
I had provided an updated fingerprint print to the IRCc. The latest information I received that you have to wait 3 more months before requesting further update. They provided no information on when will my application will be processed. They have no further information beyond that. None of the online tools CIC can estimate the processing time for COVID applicant.
Ask the customer service agent, if the latest fingerprints were received and updated in the system by the officer dealing with your file?

Shoukat Halani

Star Member
Sep 6, 2014
The worst part about the process of 2019 applicant is the uncertainty section. No one is giving any information on when process will end. In the past, the process used to be first come first served with exception to some people and those people has issues with their application. But for 2019 applicant, there are no information on how long the process will take and when it will end. Now that many of us had passed the three years milestone. It is almost three time the normal processing time. Will will we have to have to wait another 1 year or two years? Should we apply to renew our PR cards? No one is giving us information so we can plan accordingly. We are not able to travel outside of canada as many of us don’t have means to come back as our PR card expired. I am not sure, is too much to ask how long will the process take?? Is it 3 year or 4 or 5 year process????
I second to your opinion; it's totally unfair, illegal and highly unethical

walid_Mississauga

Jun 8, 2020
Mississauga
Hi all,
My wife and kids recieved the invitation to Oath yesterday, I did not get any although we are all family application.
I am an applicant in Mississauga since Aug2019... I called CIC today and told me they will inform officer. I also emailed Mississauga office and replied to the test invite email.
Any one faced such an issue?Any advice?

Walid

Reactions: rishisingh86

walid_Mississauga

Jun 8, 2020
Mississauga
My wife and kids recieved the invitation to Oath yesterday, I did not get any although we are all family application. My file still shows in progreass

I understand that for family application, all the family members should attend cermony together otherwise I should be informed first accordong to this

"After the test, you or a family member may be asked to:

re-write the written test; or
attend a hearing with a citizenship officer or a citizenship judge
If this happens, we may process the other family members’ applications separately. This process might mean that they will attend an earlier citizenship ceremony and become citizens faster than the one re-writing the test or attending the interview.

We will tell you before we process your family’s applications separately. We will also send you a form that you can use to ask us to process the applications together. If you want the applications processed together, we will pause the other family members’ applications until after the second test or interview." from https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=734&top=5

rishisingh86

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
Hi all,
My wife and kids recieved the invitation to Oath yesterday, I did not get any although we are all family application.
I am an applicant in Mississauga since Aug2019... I called CIC today and told me they will inform officer. I also emailed Mississauga office and replied to the test invite email.
Any one faced such an issue?Any advice?

Walid

Hi Walid..I have read here in the forum that this could happen. It happened to me as well. My spouse and I applied together and she completed her oath last month and mine is scheduled for next month

walid_Mississauga

Jun 8, 2020
Mississauga
Hi Walid..I have read here in the forum that this could happen. It happened to me as well. My spouse and I applied together and she completed her oath last month and mine is scheduled for next month
Thanks a lot for your info.
Everything is marked complete in my application except cermony "not started". Was this the case with you too?. With everything complete in my file I can not find a reason I am not with my family in Oath

rishisingh86

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
No. In my case, when my spouse had her oath, My background, physical, prohibitions and language were In Progress. Upon completion of the background check, within a week everything was completed. I waited for a week to see if there was any progress but that was not the case. Once I reached out to my MP, I got the oath invitation the next day.

Reactions: iceman55

walid_Mississauga

Jun 8, 2020
Mississauga
No. In my case, when my spouse had her oath, My background, physical, prohibitions and language were In Progress. Upon completion of the background check, within a week everything was completed. I waited for a week to see if there was any progress but that was not the case. Once I reached out to my MP, I got the oath invitation the next day.
Thanks
I will also contact my MP. It will be frustrationg if after this 3 years journey Iwont be with my family, I am already at DM

Reactions: rishisingh86

iceman55

May 1, 2022
Glad to see your process is finishing up. Congrats.

Last edited: