FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Are you guys kidding? I can finish a university degree with 3 yrs...

eliekh2

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
Hi, My profile got finally updated, and all is completed except the ceremony, in the old tracker, it says decision made. I didn't get to send additional documents or so, didn't get an interview only the test a year and 4 months ago.

Now it says Ceremony not started, does anyone have an idea what can happen next? and in how much time on average? I'm getting married in September, I prefer not to have my ceremony then...
My application is in Montreal's office.

Reactions: Hash1979 and cna110

cna110

Apr 25, 2022
Hi, My profile got finally updated, and all is completed except the ceremony, in the old tracker, it says decision made. I didn't get to send additional documents or so, didn't get an interview only the test a year and 4 months ago.

Now it says Ceremony not started, does anyone have an idea what can happen next? and in how much time on average? I'm getting married in September, I prefer not to have my ceremony then...
My application is in Montreal's office.
Congrats
Send an email to the office and explain the situation.
They will put your name in

citizentest21

Nov 30, 2021
Hey admins, could you help update my status in the spreadsheet?
Line 107:
Test Interview date
Nov-4-2021 (that's for the citizenship test online)
(Jan-5-2022: I got the request to have a video interview; Interview done Jan-13-2021)

During the interview, the officer mentioned "FOIA request" as I had many trips between US and Canada. It took me many months to get this document after the interview. I received FOIA doc request on Feb-24-2022 and submitted the doc Apr-1-2022

Decision Made date
May-19-2022: the date of "Prohibitions activity status updated" - the last update before ceremony

Oath Letter Date
May-26-2022

Oath Ceremony
Jun-21-2022 (Niagara, via zoom online)

My whole timeline as a kitchener applicant:
Application delivered (paper mail): Aug-14-2019
AOR: Nov-14-2019
In process ECAS: Dec-12-2019
Portal "Background verification activity status updated": Dec-16-2019
Portal "Citizenship test activity status updated": Oct-8-2021
Portal "Scheduled for citizenship test": Oct-15-2021
Done the test: Nov-4-2021
Portal "Citizenship test activity status updated": Nov-7-2021
Interview request email from IRCC: Jan-5-2022
Portal "Interview required": Jan-13-2022 (and interview done)
Portal "Language skills activity status updated": Jan-13-2022 (and interview done)
FOIA request from IRCC: Feb-24-2022 (applied FOIA in Jan)
Send back FOIA doc to IRCC: Apr-1-2022
Portal "Physical presence activity status updated": May-12-2022
Portal "Prohibitions activity status updated": May-19-2022
Portal "Citizenship oath activity status updated" "Oath or affirmation of citizenship form required" "Scheduled for Citizenship oath": May-26-2022
Oath date: Jun-21-2022 via zoom (email from Niagara office). I asked for rescheduling to Aug and let's what happens next...
hello, thanks for this!
I have similar situation too, I have got an interview request for next week. How many total trips did you have between US and Canada that they asked you get the FOIA request? Now I’m worried about this! I applied back in August 2020 and they just sent me an interview request last week for the upcoming week!
Any suggestion would really help !

citizentest21

Nov 30, 2021
I'm a August 2019 applicant. I completed my online test Nov 2021 and passed it. 5 months with no updates and everytime I called them or sent a webform, they told me to just wait. After 5 months now they sent me an email for re-test and interview with MS teams in 1 week from now.

From what I am reading on here, it seems they ask people to send fingerprints again, and passport copies etc. I don't understand, do fingerprints change ? Why would they need that again? They have not asked me for anything yet. I hope my test and interview goes smoothly, since I have applied in 2019 and this has been a very difficult and stressing situation. There are August 2021 applicants who already have citizenship and passport in hand (9 months........)
Hey, even after passing the test, why did they ask you for a retest? Did they ask you the booklet questions during your interview?
how was your interview? Mine is next week, so I’m getting very worried!

sss82

Star Member
Oct 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw, Poland(originally NDVO)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9-Oct-2014
Nomination.....
16-Jan-2015-PER
AOR Received.
25-Feb-2015
Hi,
Sure, I will. I am planning to submit my finger prints again, as suggested above.
Hi - Are you planning to provide them the third set of fingerprints without being asked or have they asked for the third time ?

And do you plan to use the letter from the previous year ?

eliekh2

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
Congrats
Send an email to the office and explain the situation.
They will put your name in
Thank you, I asked my MP if I should write them. he told me we can try but there's not really a chance they will consider it. I have a new PR card I can go get married and come back and have the ceremony later.

yeezee

Aug 23, 2019
hello, thanks for this!
I have similar situation too, I have got an interview request for next week. How many total trips did you have between US and Canada that they asked you get the FOIA request? Now I’m worried about this! I applied back in August 2020 and they just sent me an interview request last week for the upcoming week!
Any suggestion would really help !
My 2 cents: apply for FOIA now, the process is super long and it offers perfect excuse for IRCC to further delay your application. Also in the interview, confirm with the officer whether they want foia or not. The officer may say something like "we are not sure but it is a good idea to request FOIA now".
I may have 10-20 trips to the US...and a few of the trips did not even have stamps on my passport.

Don't worry too much about FOIA, you still have time.

udaysvasu

Jun 22, 2022
Hi - Are you planning to provide them the third set of fingerprints without being asked or have they asked for the third time ?

And do you plan to use the letter from the previous year ?
Hey! I sent an email to Vancouver office (they are responsible for receiving fingerprint results as per the initial letter I received, currently my application is with Ottawa office though) explaining my situation (everything that I mentioned in my initial post above - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/august-2019-citizenship-applicants.646213/page-239#post-10127771). I received a response asking me to do the fingerprints again, since my last fingerprint results had expired (validity of one year). I received a new request from them, will do it with that letter. Hopefully my application will move forward this time after I submit it again. And they asked me to mail the results to Vancouver office (address is provided in the letter).

sss82

Star Member
Oct 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw, Poland(originally NDVO)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9-Oct-2014
Nomination.....
16-Jan-2015-PER
AOR Received.
25-Feb-2015
Hey! I sent an email to Vancouver office (they are responsible for receiving fingerprint results as per the initial letter I received, currently my application is with Ottawa office though) explaining my situation (everything that I mentioned in my initial post above - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/august-2019-citizenship-applicants.646213/page-239#post-10127771). I received a response asking me to do the fingerprints again, since my last fingerprint results had expired (validity of one year). I received a new request from them, will do it with that letter. Hopefully my application will move forward this time after I submit it again. And they asked me to mail the results to Vancouver office (address is provided in the letter).
Hi - thanks for the reply. MY last fingerprint request was also for the vancouver office. Did you send the email to the address mentioned in the fingerprint request PDF ?

citizentest21

Nov 30, 2021
My 2 cents: apply for FOIA now, the process is super long and it offers perfect excuse for IRCC to further delay your application. Also in the interview, confirm with the officer whether they want foia or not. The officer may say something like "we are not sure but it is a good idea to request FOIA now".
I may have 10-20 trips to the US...and a few of the trips did not even have stamps on my passport.

Don't worry too much about FOIA, you still have time.
Hey! Thanks for the information. Can you please send me the link so I can apply for the FOIA?

Ash79

Feb 24, 2022
Has been any updates on August 2019 applicant. I am still waiting from April 2021 for ceremony date. I contacted CIC, MP and no changes in my case. They had been telling me to wait and you receive an invitation with no updates except providing them my fingerprint in May 2022.

eliekh2

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
Has been any updates on August 2019 applicant. I am still waiting from April 2021 for ceremony date. I contacted CIC, MP and no changes in my case. They had been telling me to wait and you receive an invitation with no updates except providing them my fingerprint in May 2022.
What can you see in your online tracker? are all sections completed?