+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

ztang

Jun 16, 2022
Congrats. I got an invite back in March and passed the test but still my background check shows in progress beside all other criteria. Would you be able to tell me if your BG check updated recently?
I am in the same boat. Citizenship completed at end of March, no movement on other criteria. Just infuriating...

HM1300

Jun 8, 2021
I am in the same boat. Citizenship completed at end of March, no movement on other criteria. Just infuriating...
My understanding is that you must pass BG before doing the test. It appears it is the other way around for us. It will be 3 years for me on August 15th. The funny thing is that I applied for my PR card to be renewed and it took them only 10-13 days to send me the card. They are working just not on our citizenship application I guess lol .

• Wow
Reactions: saou17

anoop90

Sep 15, 2019
Finally I passed my citizenship test today.
I submitted my application on Aug2019 but was stuck in background check till May2022! I can't wait for next steps till passport.
I guess I am the most delayed applicant :).

Best of luck to us all
Congrats Walid!. I applied on Aug 2019 too. My background check was completed on 8th June. Waiting for my citizenship test next.

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
My understanding is that you must pass BG before doing the test. It appears it is the other way around for us. It will be 3 years for me on August 15th. The funny thing is that I applied for my PR card to be renewed and it took them only 10-13 days to send me the card. They are working just not on our citizenship application I guess lol .
Goddamn, 3 years...

saou17

Oct 18, 2021
App. Filed.......
28-10-2021
AOR Received.
21-01-2022
Hey admins, could you help update my status in the spreadsheet?
Line 107:
Test Interview date
Nov-4-2021 (that's for the citizenship test online)
(Jan-5-2022: I got the request to have a video interview; Interview done Jan-13-2021)

During the interview, the officer mentioned "FOIA request" as I had many trips between US and Canada. It took me many months to get this document after the interview. I received FOIA doc request on Feb-24-2022 and submitted the doc Apr-1-2022

Decision Made date
May-19-2022: the date of "Prohibitions activity status updated" - the last update before ceremony

Oath Letter Date
May-26-2022

Oath Ceremony
Jun-21-2022 (Niagara, via zoom online)

My whole timeline as a kitchener applicant:
Application delivered (paper mail): Aug-14-2019
AOR: Nov-14-2019
In process ECAS: Dec-12-2019
Portal "Background verification activity status updated": Dec-16-2019
Portal "Citizenship test activity status updated": Oct-8-2021
Portal "Scheduled for citizenship test": Oct-15-2021
Done the test: Nov-4-2021
Portal "Citizenship test activity status updated": Nov-7-2021
Interview request email from IRCC: Jan-5-2022
Portal "Interview required": Jan-13-2022 (and interview done)
Portal "Language skills activity status updated": Jan-13-2022 (and interview done)
FOIA request from IRCC: Feb-24-2022 (applied FOIA in Jan)
Send back FOIA doc to IRCC: Apr-1-2022
Portal "Physical presence activity status updated": May-12-2022
Portal "Prohibitions activity status updated": May-19-2022
Portal "Citizenship oath activity status updated" "Oath or affirmation of citizenship form required" "Scheduled for Citizenship oath": May-26-2022
Oath date: Jun-21-2022 via zoom (email from Niagara office). I asked for rescheduling to Aug and let's what happens next...
I hope you will be able to do your oath on time. I am hearing that the rescheduling can take months and further delay the applicant. Best to do it timely if you are in Canada. Best of luck.

Reactions: Hash1979

udaysvasu

Jun 22, 2022
Hi Everyone,
Hope all are doing good. Thank you so much for all the support your guys are providing, I appreciate it.
I have been a passive follower of this forum.

Here are my timeline for my citizenship application:
Application sent: Aug 2019
AOR: Nov 20, 2019
Fingerprints requested: Dec 2019
Fingerprints submitted: Feb 2020
Citizenship test competed: Feb 2020
Second Fingerprints requested: March 2021
Second Fingerprints submitted: Apr 2021

Current status:
In my online account to track the status, in the "Application history" section, it says, April 12, 2021 - Fingerprints results received
But at the top of the page, it says, next step, Submit your fingerprints - Waiting on you
My application was originally with Calgary center. I moved to Ottawa in May 2020 and so my application is with Ottawa center now.

(In the online account, under Details of your application Status section, only citizenship test is marked as complete, rest all are in progress, except Citizenship ceremony, which is marked 'Not started')

No clarity:
I have spoken to customer care once and submitted web form twice asking for a clarification on the current status and the discrepancy in online account tracker. But no useful information other than what I know already.

Question:
Can you please let me know what I should do now? Just wait until they get back? I am confused as to whether they are really waiting on me, even though I have submitted the second fingerprints? Do I submit the fingerprints again?

Thank you so much for your time.

Ash79

Feb 24, 2022
Hi Everyone,
Hope all are doing good. Thank you so much for all the support your guys are providing, I appreciate it.

Current status:
In my online account to track the status, in the "Application history" section, it says, April 12, 2021 - Fingerprints results received
But at the top of the page, it says, next step, Submit your fingerprints - Waiting on you
My application was originally with Calgary center. I moved to Ottawa in May 2020 and so my application is with Ottawa center now.

(In the online account, under Details of your application Status section, only citizenship test is marked as complete, rest all are in progress, except Citizenship ceremony, which is marked 'Not started')

No clarity:
I have spoken to customer care once and submitted web form twice asking for a clarification on the current status and the discrepancy in online account tracker. But no useful information other than what I know already.

Question:
Can you please let me know what I should do now? Just wait until they get back? I am confused as to whether they are really waiting on me, even though I have submitted the second fingerprints? Do I submit the fingerprints again?

You probably need to do 3rd fingerprint.

Reactions: udaysvasu

sss82

Star Member
Oct 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw, Poland(originally NDVO)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9-Oct-2014
Nomination.....
16-Jan-2015-PER
AOR Received.
25-Feb-2015
Hi Everyone,

Current status:

No clarity:

Question:

Hi

Can you please update if anything moved in your application. I am in the same boat. Have done fingerprints twice and it has been 1 year since the second fingerprint. Stuck in this endless loop of providing fingerprints.

udaysvasu

Jun 22, 2022
Hi

Can you please update if anything moved in your application. I am in the same boat. Have done fingerprints twice and it has been 1 year since the second fingerprint. Stuck in this endless loop of providing fingerprints.
Hi,
Sure, I will. I am planning to submit my finger prints again, as suggested above.