+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

Eshtemler

Feb 20, 2020
Toronto
Hi everyone, today i realized that my completed Back Ground status has bounced back to "processing" . I took the test late March and the test status was updated on may 2nd. i'm a september 2019 applicant which my BG was completed in March 2022. has anyone experienced similar situation? and if yes what does it mean? back to square one and fingerprints again?........ do i need to follow-up or just wait for them?

eliekh2

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
Hi everyone, today i realized that my completed Back Ground status has bounced back to "processing" . I took the test late March and the test status was updated on may 2nd. i'm a september 2019 applicant which my BG was completed in March 2022. has anyone experienced similar situation? and if yes what does it mean? back to square one and fingerprints again?........ do i need to follow-up or just wait for them?
This means that your security check is expired and they are renewing it. It's not back to square one it's only a pause in your application until they get that check updated then they resume from where the process stopped. They might ask you for fingerprints again ( I don't know who they ask, maybe it's based on origine, for some nationals they don't need fingerprints to get their info, for others they do...) anyway that's how I understood the process by reading other cases.

Reactions: saou17

rishisingh86

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017

mine changed yesterday to in progress...this is the 3rd time its happening. I am pretty sure my fingerprints are valid for another 2 more months. this is seriously so messed up :/

Reactions: Eshtemler

Hash1979

Star Member
Aug 9, 2021
Finally my nightmare is almost over . Did my oath ceremony on may 3 then I got an email a day later asking to resend my signed affirmation . And today my status changed to closed. I don’t know how long to receive the certificate. Good luck everyone
congrats it’s just takes a week or 2 to receive the Certificate. I got mine in 8 days.

Reactions: saou17

NAC10

Aug 9, 2020
Finally the oath invite! I have a quick question regarding the oath. Can anyone please help? As I applied for myself and my child, I got two different letter with two different seat numbers. When I log in zoom, do I provide two numbers? Just confirming that I do not need to join from two different device.

Reactions: Hash1979

Jakke

Star Member
Nov 6, 2021
Finally the oath invite! I have a quick question regarding the oath. Can anyone please help? As I applied for myself and my child, I got two different letter with two different seat numbers. When I log in zoom, do I provide two numbers? Just confirming that I do not need to join from two different device.
one device is enough

Eshtemler

Feb 20, 2020
Toronto
This means that your security check is expired and they are renewing it. It's not back to square one it's only a pause in your application until they get that check updated then they resume from where the process stopped. They might ask you for fingerprints again ( I don't know who they ask, maybe it's based on origine, for some nationals they don't need fingerprints to get their info, for others they do...) anyway that's how I understood the process by reading other cases.
Thanks sharing your thoughts, I have done finger prints back in November 2019. It’s almost 10 days which my BG has bounced back to processing and i haven’t received any emails to redo fingerprints. Possibly they might have reached to RCMP directly for a renewal.

rishisingh86

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
Thanks sharing your thoughts, I have done finger prints back in November 2019. It’s almost 10 days which my BG has bounced back to processing and i haven’t received any emails to redo fingerprints. Possibly they might have reached to RCMP directly for a renewal.
for me i had to give my fingerprints twice. contacted my mp and they checked and told me that i have to send fingerprints again...waiting for the letter to come

Eshtemler

Feb 20, 2020
Toronto
for me i had to give my fingerprints twice. contacted my mp and they checked and told me that i have to send fingerprints again...waiting for the letter to come
Finally got the fingerprint request this morning from IRCC Vancouver!! I’m in Toronto and my application is being processed in Mississauga. Whatever, have completed the request. Let’s see what comes next, 33 months in process and way to go!

Reactions: rishisingh86

NAC10

Aug 9, 2020

Citizenship oath activity status updated

Citizenship ceremony

Citizenship oath status has been updated to Completed
Can anyone please let me know if this is the last status update? Does it mean everything is complete? I had my Oath and the next day this status was shown. Will they update regarding the citizenship certificate? Thanks!

Hash1979

Star Member
Aug 9, 2021
Citizenship oath activity status updated

Citizenship ceremony

Citizenship oath status has been updated to Completed
Can anyone please let me know if this is the last status update? Does it mean everything is complete? I had my Oath and the next day this status was shown. Will they update regarding the citizenship certificate? Thanks!
Congrats you are Canadian now mate. You should get your Citizenship Certificate in a week or 10 days I got mine in 8 days. Yup everything is done & dusted now. Enjoy & Celebrate your Canadianness