+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

eliekh2

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
Is there still people from August 2019 waiting like me? it's driving me crazy, still nothing changed in my ecas since last year. Only background and Test are completed!

Reactions: Ash79

Helenou

Jan 17, 2021
As one of the Aug.2019 applicants, I'm still waiting. I applied citizenship for my son as a minor, is this the reason cased the huge delay? I'm not sure. As the application is for a minor, I think the test is not needed. Currently only the BG check is completed, other things are still in process. I've contacted local MP and sent webform requests many times, only got template answers. Also requested GCMS last year, nothing special. Any suggestions? Thanks.

shakeelkhan

Oct 17, 2017
Hi everyone I m December 2019 applicant and received my acknowledgment email on Mach 5,2020.My citizenship knowledge test took place on july28,2021 which i passed and updated to completed on the next day along with knowledge activity and pysical presence but my background verification and prohibitions are still in progress.My local MP office call the IRCC in February to know the current satatus of my application so they told him that criminality is passed but he security check is in progress from February 3 so can someone tell me how much time does the security take to complete so what should I do now to get the security check done faster thanks

anoop90

Sep 15, 2019
Is there still people from August 2019 waiting like me? it's driving me crazy, still nothing changed in my ecas since last year. Only background and Test are completed!
I applied in Aug 2019. Still waiting for background check. My security check is still in progress and my criminal check has expired. Don't know when this background check will be completed.

brbr123

Star Member
Dec 25, 2021
I'm a August 2019 applicant. I completed my online test Nov 2021 and passed it. 5 months with no updates and everytime I called them or sent a webform, they told me to just wait. After 5 months now they sent me an email for re-test and interview with MS teams in 1 week from now.

From what I am reading on here, it seems they ask people to send fingerprints again, and passport copies etc. I don't understand, do fingerprints change ? Why would they need that again? They have not asked me for anything yet. I hope my test and interview goes smoothly, since I have applied in 2019 and this has been a very difficult and stressing situation. There are August 2021 applicants who already have citizenship and passport in hand (9 months........)

eliekh2

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
I'm a August 2019 applicant. I completed my online test Nov 2021 and passed it. 5 months with no updates and everytime I called them or sent a webform, they told me to just wait. After 5 months now they sent me an email for re-test and interview with MS teams in 1 week from now.

From what I am reading on here, it seems they ask people to send fingerprints again, and passport copies etc. I don't understand, do fingerprints change ? Why would they need that again? They have not asked me for anything yet. I hope my test and interview goes smoothly, since I have applied in 2019 and this has been a very difficult and stressing situation. There are August 2021 applicants who already have citizenship and passport in hand (9 months........)
I have a question about that actually, did they specify that you need to be present physically in Canada for the teams interview? Thanks

xceptional88

Jul 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
AOR Received.
PER: 14-11-2014
IELTS Request
Already Submitted

Please sign a petition for PR and Citizenship delays.

Petition e-3994 - Petitions (ourcommons.ca)

eliekh2

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
Yes! I just signed I really hope it works!! Let me know of anything else similar that could be done. We deserve to get answers after waiting so long!!

Last edited: