+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***August 2019 AOR Tracking - join here***

wdvrdx111

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
Received gcms notes I ordered two weeks ago (surprisingly quick turnaround!) and found everything is passed except security. On the notes it shows "Not Started" while info sharing is "Complete"; and the latest activities are about "biographic" and biometric - FCC detail" processed at local VO.
Is such information a sign of SS? Any insights would be helpful.

wdvrdx111

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
I believe the information you have seen in your notes cannot tell you if you are under SS . You need to order CBSA notes to confirm the type of your security check. Info sharing refers to sharing immigration-related info with the US, and it has nothing to do with the type of security assigned for your case.
Thanks again for your prompt insight, mate!
Have you ordered CBSA notes before? How soon would I expect the result after placing an order?

Reactions: baltzly

Abhijeet.katte

Dec 5, 2019
I had submitted my passport at VAC in March and due to lockdown im unable to collect it. My medical will expire on 13 July, Will this impact the one time time that will be printed on my passport. Is it necessary to get my medicals done again?

dhanashree29

Star Member
Apr 30, 2016
Hey mate

Have you got any update on your PR card? Mine is still "submitted". I called them again today and they said it is impossible to tell how long I still have to wait for the card to be printed and sent.
No Still waiting for PR card. I have raised the webform and got a response that I need to resubmit request. I am not sure which request they are refering to.. ??

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided; however, we require further information in order to access the file.

In order to better assist you, we invite you to resubmit your request by filling out the IRCC Web form and include the following information:

• Surname and complete given name (including middle name, if applicable) - exactly as they appear on the passport or identity document,
  • Date of birth (YYYY-MM-DD),
  • Client ID Number, UCI or Application Number,
  • Country of birth,
  • Type of application.
If you are contacting us on behalf of someone else:

• Please make sure to enter their information under the Applicant Information section and your information under the Enquirer Information section, and
    • if you are not an authorized representative or designated individual, please also include the following information in the Your enquiry box of the Web form:
      • your surname and complete given name (including middle name, if applicable),
      • your date of birth (YYYY-MM-DD), and
      • your country of birth.
  • If applicable, provide a Use of a Representative (IMM 5476) form, a Release of Information to an Individual (IMM 5475) form or a Power of Attorney in order to be authorized to receive the requested information.
We will gladly reply to your enquiry within five (5) business days following reception of the above information.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,

dhanashree29

Star Member
Apr 30, 2016
Hey

This is really strange. I don't understand why a simple inquiry about PR card ended up being so complicated that a second request is needed...

. I also raised a webform and they simply said they forwarded my inquiry to the responsible office. That's it. Nothing else.

Do you think some of your information is missing in the your file with IRCC? Or there is something that triggered their suspicion so they want to further verify your personal info? Or maybe it is just a mistake made by them...
I don't know.. but they have only ask basic information which we fill up for the raising webform .. I have already filled up correctly.. I am thinking to call them

dhanashree29

Star Member
Apr 30, 2016
I have CIPS licence for my PR ..Now I am not moving to canada immidiately. Do i have to renew again immidiately ? in other words do we need a cips licence once we get PR to get jobs in Canada?

wdvrdx111

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
Hey folks, some recent update for my long-delayed application. I got an email from IRCC agent today asking for additional information on addresses and travel history. Maybe that signals some positivity in their handling of unfinished cases from 2019.

long_time_waiting

Star Member
Jan 23, 2020
Update from me: still waiting on the new card after the immigration office got the wrong address. Apparently they changed the permanent address section but not the mailing address and that was the problem.

Interestingly on my account the card says approved but when I click on the application it no longer says that they have mailed it and it’s been approved. It now says checking eligibility and under final decision it says it’s in progress.

hoping this is a good sign that things are moving forward. So ready for this to be over. It will be 5 months next week since I landed.

upon

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2020
Winnipeg
Hey folks, some recent update for my long-delayed application. I got an email from IRCC agent today asking for additional information on addresses and travel history. Maybe that signals some positivity in their handling of unfinished cases from 2019.
Hi, what exactly did they ask?

dhanashree29

Star Member
Apr 30, 2016
Hi all
Does anyone have any idea about CIPS licence
I have CIPS licence for my PR ..Now I am not moving to canada immidiately. Do i have to renew again immidiately ? in other words do we need a cips licence once we get PR to get jobs in Canada?

upon

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2020
Winnipeg
They were asking for the most recent address information and travel history. Highly likely they are running my security check, which is the only thing yet to start for my application.
Most recent like 1 year? Or what was the wording? In the initial application they ask for the last 10 years..