+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***August 2019 AOR Tracking - join here***

RockingRavi

Jul 29, 2019
Hey mate

I just went back over your PR card timeline as I finally saw a GU today, which is four months after my landing... It seems that it will still take at least a week for the status to change to approved and another couple of days for the card to arrive at my mailbox.
GU means probably your card is sent for printing, It might take another week for that to be done then it will changed to approved and will be mailed to you.

Reactions: baltzly

Elaine_B

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
01-08-2019
Hey my friend

Long time no see:)

After more than 4 months of waiting, I got a GU for my PR card application. Could you still recall the timeline of the processing of your PR card application? How many days were there between the GU and the change of status to "approved"? I still remember you said it took 3 days for you to receive the card after the status changed to "approved" but I have forgotten how long it took for the status to change to approved from the GU:)

I am a bit unlucky in terms of PR card as the pandemic began literally right after my landing, and then PR card processing stalled.
Hey Baltzly! Finally good news for you. It didn't take long from the GU to approved status, it took only 2 days and then more 3 days to receive it by mail.
These are crazy times for sure and I hope your are doing well, besides the stress of waiting this process to finally end. Hope you come back here in couple a days saying you received the card.

Reactions: baltzly

dhanashree29

Star Member
Apr 30, 2016
I got a ghost update in my PR card application today. I landed on March 4. I have heard that a ghost update means they are printing the card, and the "approved" status means they have sent out the card.
wow.. great .. I hope they will clear the backlog soon ..

Shiju_28

Jul 8, 2020
Has anyone got an RPRF in March 2020 and thereafter no update.? I had submitted on Aug 22 2019 and after 7 months was asked to pay the RPRF. But thereafter lockdown started and no update. Anyone in the same boat.?

ayaleeLA

Feb 21, 2019
I'm an applicant from U.S. and I received my CoPR around mid-May. I'm still not able to land to confirm the PR status due to border closure between U.S. and Canada. However, my visa is going to expire by the end of August. What should I do? I read from IRCC online that they have a new process to confirm PR status. Does anyone know about it? If I could not land before the visa expires, do I need to do medical exams once again? Does anyone have experience with this situation?

dexco

May 13, 2020
I'm an applicant from U.S. and I received my CoPR around mid-May. I'm still not able to land to confirm the PR status due to border closure between U.S. and Canada. However, my visa is going to expire by the end of August. What should I do? I read from IRCC online that they have a new process to confirm PR status. Does anyone know about it? If I could not land before the visa expires, do I need to do medical exams once again? Does anyone have experience with this situation?
As of July 10, you are allowed to go to Canada if you’re coming from the U.S., although it seems like you have to stay when you get there (i.e., no soft landing).

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html

Travelling from the US
You can travel to Canada from the United States to settle and live in Canada as a permanent resident if

• we approved your application and
  • we sent you a CoPR

mparavindh

Feb 19, 2020
Hey Everyone - Any Aug'19 AOR folks with passport request letter but unable to submit passport because of VFS closure? I'm from India and waiting for VFS offices to open. I wanted to know the next steps for us and a potential timeline of when we can expect to travel to Canada. And also I wanted to know if I get married before I travel to Canada within the next few months will that affect from PR approval in any way ?

wdvrdx111

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
Some big progress is made to my application. Finally, I have all the critical stages passed and only need the final approval! Now I can realistically hope for a PPR soon along with many others who share similar situations.