***August 2019 AOR Tracking - join here***

Elaine_B

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
01-08-2019
I just sent them a 5 page essay about it, l'll let you know what they say. I could understand the reasoning about stocks being unstable, but they should be very clear about any restrictions about stocks. They even listed investment accounts in their proof of funds page for express entry PR, I mentioned this in my letter. There was someone who posted on here who got his case reopened after his employment letter was rejected for missing something. I hope I'm similarly lucky.

I think it might be cheaper for me to just resubmit versus hire a professional. But I'm trying to have faith in Canada to do the decent thing, so hopefully I should not have to resubmit.
So sorry to hear about the refusal. Hopefully they will reopen your case, don't give up!
Cheering for you and hoping for the best with all my heart.

Reactions: Sntrada

Avats

Oct 12, 2019
Asking you to redo medical exam means they've cleared all the stages and are waiting for this new medical result to issue you PPR.
Thank you Baltzly! Your inputs are always well appreciated! This wait is excruciating and this community that we have built on this forum is a big comfort to have!

Reactions: baltzly

Elaine_B

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
01-08-2019
Also in the note the agent converted my 20hFor 5 months with 20hrs/week I get 3 months of full time and 3 months with 10hrs/week I get 1 month of full time.
I believe it's crucial to understand exactly how they calculated the conversion, because 5 months with 20 hours/week is 3,33 or 3 months and 10 days. If 10 days are not being considered, you would be loosing 1 month at each 15 months count.
20/30x5 months=3.33 months full time
10/30x3 months= 1 month full time
Does this make sense to you?

Last edited:

Elaine_B

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
01-08-2019
Hey my friend

Long time no see:)

You've explained it very well. Although I didn't know exactly what formula or criteria they used in their calculation, my gut feeling was that it has something to do with the conversion..
I have been working like crazy, but I always check this forum hoping to see your PPR message.
I agree with you, I have the same feeling about the conversion.

Nakulkapur

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
23-08-2019
Med's Request
09-sep-2019
Med's Done....
09-09-2019
Hi Guys.

I received my ppr today.
My AOR was August 8. My application took 6 months and 10 days.
I received ghost update yesterday and received ppr today.
I Would also like to tell you guys that called cic yesterday and was told that my criminality is passed, eligibility is recommend passed where as security not started.

You guys were always a great support in this journey. I thank you all for all your support. Please do not loose hope. I wish that you all get your ppr soon and remember you all will get it.
VO Please?

wdvrdx111

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
I believe it's crucial to understand exactly how they calculated the conversion, because 5 months with 20 hours/week is 3,33 or 3 months and 10 days. If 10 days are not being considered, you would be loosing 1 month at each 15 months count.
20/30x5 months=3.33 months full time
10/30x3 months= 1 month full time
Does this make sense to you?
Yes, and their calculation included 10 days for my 20hrs/week period. In the end, their calculation added up to 3yrs and 3 months. I also manually put together assessed time for every letter shown in the agent's note and added up to the same length of work experience... So I don't know what to explain but trust their calculation I guess?

Last edited:
Reactions: Elaine_B

Hrkpriyanka

Jan 13, 2020
Thank you! I hope they reopen it too.
Hi Sntrada
It is really heartbreaking to hear about your refusal. I wish they reconsider your application soon. Don’t loose hope as we all have seen, somebody posted once regarding his application refusal to reopening and eventually ppr. I wish the same should happen with you.

Elaine_B

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
01-08-2019
Yes, and their calculation included 10 days for my 20hrs/week period. In the end, their calculation added up to 3yrs and 3 months. I also manually put together assessed time for every letter shown in the agent's note and added up to the same length of work experience... So I don't know what to explain but trust their calculation I guess?
I hope the senior agent to review your application considers that you have 3+ years of work experience. Otherwise, your CRS score will not meet the minimum draw score.
It seems (from all the information shared here) that the additional work experience is being rounded down. I couldn't find any information on IRCC website detailing how much is needed to be considered 3+ years of work experience, which leads us to believe that even 3 years and 1 month should be considered more than 3 years of experience.
Editing: I went back to the CRS criteria on IRCC page and even for 3 years sharp + CLB 9 in all language abilities, you would be granted 50 points instead of 25. So, it is really a mystery.

Last edited:

dhanashree29

Star Member
Apr 30, 2016
Unfortunately nothing.... Waiting hopelessly...

Have you figured out the reason of your delay? I've been under SS for 5.5 months now.
No I called them yesterday, agent told me that Eligibility met, Criminality passed and security is not yet started. I dont know why?

Elaine_B

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
01-08-2019
I'm so happy that you are still thinking about my case:) However, there hasn't been update. Since I'm under SS, it may be still early for me to hear anything from them. I've completed 5.5 months in SS, but the average time is said to be at least 6-8 months, so I guess I still have lots of waiting to do.

It is great to have a job that keeps you busy:) I've graduated but yet to submit my post graduation work permit application as my study permit expires at the end of next month, so currently I'm just doing some volunteering and taking a French course at Alliance Francaise du Manitoba.
I truly hope that your application is finalized before you have to apply for the PGWP and then, you can use your money towards other things other than visa fees.
I am also taking French classes but with a private teacher. I was interested in the French Skills stream-PNP Ontario, so I was looking for a way to progress very fast. At the end, I didn't need it but I enjoy it and it can be an advantage in the job market.

wdvrdx111

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
I hope the senior agent to review your application considers that you have 3+ years of work experience. Otherwise, your CRS score will not meet the minimum draw score.
It seems (from all the information shared here) that the additional work experience is being rounded down. I couldn't find any information on IRCC website detailing how much is needed to be considered 3+ years of work experience, which leads us to believe that even 3 years and 1 month should be considered more than 3 years of experience.
Hopefully, the senior agent will correct it. Unfortunately, my case is still under RR given my most recent call with IRCC but they assure me that it is just a normal process since they have not asked for more documents regarding my job experience.

Reactions: Elaine_B

Elaine_B

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
01-08-2019
Here are the details:

Officer review employment documents regarding calculations for hours/days. Additional employment lines added to note manually as over 10 entries of employment docs. M13 A11: Review Required R75: FSW MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS - Review Required R76: SELECTION CRITERIA - FSW POINTS: Review Required R76: SELECTION CRITERIA - FUNDS: REVIEW REQUIRED FSW points total: 70 Ready to Finalize RPRF: Complete

Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) CRS Score at invitation to apply (ITA) 472 CRS points minimum score for round: 459 CRS score at application (APR): 472 Total CRS Points Assessed:447 / Verified CRS score: 447
-- I'll just cut off the letter assessments and jump to the conclusion since I have 19 letters in total. Every letter has "Letter appears to confirm employment in declared occupation throughout the specified period, and provides a job description which is consistent with the lead statement and main duties as set out in the declared NOC category" --
CRS Foreign Work: 3 yrs, 3 mth(s)
WORK EXPERIENCE: 2-3 year(s), 11 FSW Points
SETTLEMENT FUNDS: Appears to Meet Approx. CAD $53756, as per Chast Bank Statement at 2019-06-14; Family of 2 requires CAD $15772
Ok. I'm still trying to understand this puzzle.
The first part "Officer review..." is related to FSW eligibility criteria (six selection factors 67 points). I believe, it is saying you met the criteria by reaching 70 points, although the document is requesting a review to confirm.
The second part about the CRS score, it says that they recalculated your points to 447 instead of the 472 CRS points you submitted. So, somehow you're loosing 25 points in one of the criterias.
Then, "work experience" 2-3 years 11 FSW points goes back to the FSW eligibility criteria (six selection factors), because there isn't 11 points in the CRS criteria for work experience. If they are already saying you have 3 years, 3 months of work experience under CRS criteria (and not FSW criteria), either you get 25 points or 50 points depending on your CLB score.
Is there anything else in the report that says where you could be loosing those 25 points?

wdvrdx111

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
Ok. I'm still trying to understand this puzzle.
The first part "Officer review..." is related to FSW eligibility criteria (six selection factors 67 points). I believe, it is saying you met the criteria by reaching 70 points, although the document is requesting a review to confirm.
The second part about the CRS score, it says that they recalculated your points to 447 instead of the 472 CRS points you submitted. So, somehow you're loosing 25 points in one of the criterias.
Then, "work experience" 2-3 years 11 FSW points goes back to the FSW eligibility criteria (six selection factors), because there isn't 11 points in the CRS criteria for work experience. If they are already saying you have 3 years, 3 months of work experience under CRS criteria (and not FSW criteria), either you get 25 points or 50 points depending on your CLB score.
Is there anything else in the report that says where you could be loosing those 25 points?
Unfortunately no, the other notes are about R10 and criminality. The only possible causes of 25 points difference I can find according to CRS criteria are education and work experience based on whether I get CLB 9. My IELTS scores are R9 L8.5 W7 S7 so perfectly in line with CLB 9 standard. Also, I did not claim any additional points like siblings or arranged job in my application.