+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***August 2019 AOR Tracking - join here***

iamr12

Jul 25, 2019
I have applied for Canadian PR and waiting for the decision to be made. Application status says

"We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you."

Progress bar says 89% completed with 22 days remaining.

Passed medical exam on 9 September 2019 and biometric completed on 11 September 2019. That was the last update and, I have not received any update after that.

I called IRCC today and, the agent said that he could not access my application since it is not being processed in Canada. He doesn't have information on where is it being processed. He advised me to raise a web form. I did. However, web form says that I won't receive any reply if my application is still under processing timeline.

I am curious to know if anyone else is in the same boat. How can we get information about the status of our application, eligibility, criminality or security screening status? Also is there a way to check which visa office is processing my application?

Sntrada

Star Member
Jan 26, 2020
Same here...10 days left, no update since Sept ☹
We are in this together then. Let's hope for the best but prepare for the worst. I recommend meditation and deep breathing when that panic sets in. Become friends with your anxiety and panic. Recognize that you feel that way because of the excitement you anticipate your life in Canada would hold. :)

Sntrada

Star Member
Jan 26, 2020
I have applied for Canadian PR and waiting for the decision to be made. Application status says

"We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you."

Passed medical exam on 9 September 2019 and biometric completed on 11 September 2019. That was the last update and, I have not received any update after that.

I called IRCC today and, the agent said that he could not access my application since it is not being processed in Canada. He doesn't have information on where is it being processed. He advised me to raise a web form. I did. However, web form says that I won't receive any reply if my application is still under processing timeline.

I am curious to know if anyone else is in the same boat. How can we get information about the status of our application, eligibility, criminality or security screening status? Also is there a way to check which visa office is processing my application?
End of the day, the agents are human so appeal to their humanity when you message them. Highlight your excitement and anticipation to move to Canada. Say you are a bit anxious that you don't see any update. Ask if they would kindly provide you a status update regarding your criminality, security, and eligibility. Thank them.

Reactions: baltzly

Sntrada

Star Member
Jan 26, 2020
Haha

I do see my future career in immigration consultancy:) I have actually just enrolled into an official online immigration consultant course offered by the University of British Colombia. The course will begin this July. When the course ends next year, I will need PR status to sit the exam before being allowed to become an immigration consultant. This is one of the reasons I stress for a decision on my application so desperately. Without PR, the course will be in vain as I won't be allowed to sit the exam.
I'm certain you'll get it by then! I think it's a very great career choice you are making. It's bound to be rewarding for you and others, as well as lucrative.

Sntrada

Star Member
Jan 26, 2020
Are you sure those agents have any humanity? haha
They are not all helpful, but I think they try. I've had responses with the webform. One was kind but u helpful, he gave me general website info. The other one gave me info specific to my case.

sujithjm24

May 29, 2019

Hi, I raised a webform and i got a reply with the details of VO even though my application was still under the processing time line

ravirex

Apr 26, 2019
You will get it either right before the due date or soon after it:) provided you are not under SS.
I havent ordered GCMS notes yet, had called the agent in the middle of January and she said that everything is fine and nothing to worry about. Should I order the GCMS notes?