Elaine_B

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
01-08-2019
:)
I just got an email from donotreply@cic.gc.ca telling me i have a new message.

In it, there was an information letter telling me to submit my photos
"Dear XXX,
The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the
following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if
applicable, permanent residence visa. If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform us
immediately via the IRCC Web Form with details concerning your situation.”

so i guess its PPR?
:D Congratulations!! I am so happy for you!

Reactions: yuyu

yuyu

Aug 25, 2012
Congratulations @yuyu ......Would really help if you can share your time line with us....... TIA.
Congratulations man it’s time to celebrate, and would u mind to share your timeline please.
ITA 26 June
AOR 1 Aug (NOC 2161)
MEP 27 Aug
First call Oct 7 : nth started
2nd call Nov 5th : nth started ; order GCMS
Nov 13th : ghost update,
3rd call Nov 14th : to ask about GU , agent remarked its just verification nothing else revealed
Dec 4th received GCMS generated on Nov 8th, only saw R10 passed. (Only program assistant)
4th call: Dec 5th, agent says:
Criminality : passed
Eligibility: Recommended pass,
Security : not started

14th Dec : Order GCMS again
15th Dec: Information Letter in my CIC account.
CPC-Edmonton
Hope it helps !!! Good luck guys!!!

Reactions: ab282

yuyu

Aug 25, 2012
I will be in Quebec City on boxing day:) I'm residing in Winnipeg and will fly to Montreal first before heading to Quebec City by train. Really not in the mood for travel now... I have talked with a few folks under SS and none of them have got any update in the past few months. I think this immigration thing is bringing me more pain than euphoria now...
Did you plan your itinerary yet? :eek: Quebec city can be supppeerrrr cold.
enjoy your holidays for nowww

MooMoo798

Aug 20, 2019
Do MyImmiTracker estimations take delays caused due to the holiday season into account? It has predicted my PPR date at January 8, but I really don't know if this factors in the sluggishness that can only be expected over the next three weeks.

MooMoo798

Aug 20, 2019
I think their estimation is purely based on the analysis of historical data, so don't pay too much attention to it. I have already crossed my estimated PPR date, and I am not surprised at all.
Ah, don't they do it on the basis of current trends? You are right in saying that I should not put a lot of stock in their estimated date, given all the variables at play, but it's the only thing I can lean on while the long watch is on :(

Reactions: baltzly

alainasaleem

Aug 28, 2019
Hi, feeling a little confused about my timeline:

AOR: 29th August 2019
Medical passed + biometrics request: 12th September 2019
First ghost update: 14th September 2019 (I'm guessing this was for medical.)
Second ghost update: 14th December 2019 (Background check changed from "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." to "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.")

Can anyone shed light on this, based on their experience?

Last edited:

hypervariate123

Aug 13, 2019
Yeah. I think you have already figured out the answer by yourself:) There are so many factors that result in different processing times in our cases, so any analysis should only be used as a general reference as they don't factor in any of our special personal circumstances. I have already given up my hope for quick PPR as the trend shows that the processing time of this year is longer than in the past two years. When is your eAOR?
Yeah, agreed with this. I'm past my estimated date as well.

The date is based on inputs from users who update their AoR to PPR dates. It's for all EE applicants irrespective of what their file is. It's useful to understand a general trend but it doesn't mean your PPR will follow that pattern exactly. In other words, it's good for marking how much time has passed but by no means should we make major life decisions based off of it.

hypervariate123

Aug 13, 2019
Hi, feeling a little confused about my timeline:

AOR: 29th August 2019
Medical passed + biometrics request: 12th September 2019
First ghost update: 14th September 2019 (I'm guessing this was for medical.)
Second ghost update: 14th December 2019 (Background check changed from "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." to "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.")

Can anyone shed light on this, based on their experience?
It just means someone's working on your file. Nothing to worry. Just be patient for longer.

Reactions: alainasaleem

MooMoo798

Aug 20, 2019
Yeah. I think you have already figured out the answer by yourself:) There are so many factors that result in different processing times in our cases, so any analysis should only be used as a general reference as they don't factor in any of our special personal circumstances. I have already given up my hope for quick PPR as the trend shows that the processing time of this year is longer than in the past two years. When is your eAOR?
August 28.
MEP happened pretty fast, by September 12, so I hoped it was some kind of an indication that things were picking up. Oboy, I would like to see some movement on my application, even a useless ghost update would do, just to let me know that they are looking at it. The status has been "we are processing your background" for nearly four months now, like it's written on concrete or something.

Reactions: nns14

MooMoo798

Aug 20, 2019
Yeah, agreed with this. I'm past my estimated date as well.

The date is based on inputs from users who update their AoR to PPR dates. It's for all EE applicants irrespective of what their file is. It's useful to understand a general trend but it doesn't mean your PPR will follow that pattern exactly. In other words, it's good for marking how much time has passed but by no means should we make major life decisions based off of it.
And here I be, itching to quit my job :eek:

dilpreet3991

Jun 27, 2019
August 28.
MEP happened pretty fast, by September 12, so I hoped it was some kind of an indication that things were picking up. Oboy, I would like to see some movement on my application, even a useless ghost update would do, just to let me know that they are looking at it. The status has been "we are processing your background" for nearly four months now, like it's written on concrete or something.
Aor 29 aug
MEP 17sep and still they didn’t start my background check. I don’t know what’s going on and only they reviewing my eligibility.

dilpreet3991

Jun 27, 2019
AOR 29 Aug (CEC Inland)
MEP 17 Sep and background never start
So my agent send me weekly screenshot from my cic account and From this week they are processing my background check but don’t know the exact date And I am not aware about any ghost updates because I have no access on my account and I never call CIC. So please advise when I can expect my passport request or interview.