+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***August 2019 AOR Tracking - join here***

jollystripes

Jun 6, 2019
How do you all deal with the anxiety and wait? I know it's unhealthy, but I can't help checking my account for updates daily.
I dont think checking for updates daily is bad.
If there was a definitive timeline and the procedures were more transparent, I think everyone will be less anxious.
However, checking in this forum frequently and reading people with extremely long waits has really increased my anxiety for sure.

I started picking up more books to read in my free time (Stoicism, Lao Tzu, etc) to distract myself outside of work.
Hopefully we can all get within the 6 month timeline :( I really wanna know if they hit their quota for immigrants from other areas (family sponsorship stream etc) this year and try to reduce the approvals for economic migrants like us this year -_-
Here's a recommendation on how to manage stress level when waiting for PPR, especially FSW streamers.

In the first and second months, don't even think about PPR. Only be concerned with MEP and BIL. In the third month, you'd be extremely lucky to get it, so don't fret. In the fourth month, your chances are beginning to surface. You may begin to call IRCC and order GCMS notes. In the fifth month, there's a chance it'll come but be calm still. In the sixth month, you can begin to really expect it. Even beyond six months is not 'abnormal' and nothing is necessarily wrong with your application. While waiting, get preoccupied with work and hobbies. Best wishes to us all.

yuyu

Aug 25, 2012
Here's a recommendation on how to manage stress level when waiting for PPR, especially FSW streamers.

In the first and second months, don't even think about PPR. Only be concerned with MEP and BIL. In the third month, you'd be extremely lucky to get it, so don't fret. In the fourth month, your chances are beginning to surface. You may begin to call IRCC and order GCMS notes. In the fifth month, there's a chance it'll come but be calm still. In the sixth month, you can begin to really expect it. Even beyond six months is not 'abnormal' and nothing is necessarily wrong with your application. While waiting, get preoccupied with work and hobbies. Best wishes to us all.
Its a good strategy for sure. im into the 4 month this weekend. what about you? :)

yuyu

Aug 25, 2012
Why don't you call IRCC to get some insights into your application status? The call center agents can tell you if you eligibility has passed. Also, your November GU may be a sign that your eligibility was passed and security was started.
I will end of this or next week and let u folks know. Dont want to call too often to arouse their suspicions... :(
Hope you guys are holding up well. Glad to have people on this forum to cheer on each other.

Reactions: baltzly

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
My timeline so far :

ITA : June 12th
AOR : August 7th
Medicals Passes : August 29th
Biometrics submitted : September 16th

Nothing since then :(
Starting to get a little nervous. My IELTS will expire in March of 2020, is that still a problem in the post AOR stage? Or only a problem before ITA?
As long as its after your submission you are good. You will hopefully hear soon.

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
I feel that fewer and fewer people get early PPR nowadays. In the past, many people got their PPR within the first 3-4 months, but it seems that period is long gone. The August group is going to cross the 4-month mark very soon, but I haven't seen lots of people get PPR. My guess is either people are stuck in eligibility review, or they are stuck in security just like me. I personally know 4 EE applicants this year, and none of them got their application processed within 6 months, so now even the 6-month processing time is not a safe zone anymore.
Still some get within 1-3 months... but yes, this number decreased considerably.

Now 6 months is more like 8.

Rallydriver1

Nov 14, 2019
Hi,
My application status just changed to this:

"We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Make sure you read your messages and take action when we ask you to. This will help move the application process along."

Is this normal?

Thank you

yuyu

Aug 25, 2012
Hi,

"We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Make sure you read your messages and take action when we ask you to. This will help move the application process along."

Is this normal?

Thank you
It's normal and standard change after X weeks. don't pay attention to their UI shit or time bar. its quite useless imho.

Reactions: ryeCatcher

CanadianDream888

Apr 16, 2018
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton VO
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
03-08-2019
Med's Done....
26-08-2019
Passport Req..
15-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
02-01-2020
LANDED..........
08-01-2020
Hi,

Is this normal?

Thank you
Whenever your status change to this message ... make sure to check at the bottom of the page for any communication (Information letter. Request letter, etc) from IRCC office. Additionally, you will get an email notification if you need to take action.